Mjx Bugs 3

More
01 Feb 2018 11:31 #67354 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Yes Seby that is correct,I also took a couple of captures in that sequence.Remember there are 2 different protocols to the bugs 3 but I'm sure like me you have the original version and we need all the help we can with captures it I will definitely welcome and appreciate your help.I am donating mine to deviation so hexfet has the entire knowledge of the model,I will get a new one soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2018 17:19 #67364 by C0ckpitvue 777
I tried the last test build to no avail,although I didn't scan the fine frequency this time.It's on it's way to you,I will pm you the tracking info..

More
12 Feb 2018 23:31 #67477 by Blade81
Replied by Blade81 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I am really looking forward to be able to use t8sg on bugs 3 and i thank you guys for all the work. If there is anything i can do to help.

On a side note, a friend of mine recently got his bugs 3. He need to hold the red button and power on the tx to intiate bind for the first time. Subsequently he doesnt need to do that anymore

More
13 Feb 2018 00:29 #67478 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I usually hold the red button down then turn on the TX for most flights, I then calibrate by pushing both sticks down and right. If I don't do this, sometimes the motors will not start when I press the red button to arm. I also often need to do this if I use a different controller on my second Bugs 3, or the Bugs 6. Doing this, I can mix and match all Txs and Bugs.

On a related topic, my USB Mini B female connectors have arrived, and I should soon have time to replace the USB port on my Jumper T8SG, and get back to downloading and testing test builds. Looking forward to helping out again.

Time flies like a banana

More
23 Feb 2018 22:12 #67724 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Unfortunately the bugs3 that C0ckpitvue 777 sent to me is lost. I filed a claim with USPS. The carrier states they delivered to the correct address, but the customer service rep said the delivery GPS scan was down the road somewhere. Waiting to hear more.

More
24 Feb 2018 00:29 #67725 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks for the update,I do have an extra tx if someone cares to donate a bugs 3 we can send to hexfet.Remember he puts in good work for the devo community on his own time.I was really thinking about getting the bugs 6 and taking captures as banggood has it on sale for 74.00 bucks after coupon code.Was wondering if Seby Docky was doing captures for this bird?

More
26 Feb 2018 01:40 #67773 by hexfet
The bugs3 test builds are updated. Reviewed the captures and code and found some issues with the bind sequence. This build has a better chance of binding.

More
26 Feb 2018 01:44 #67774 by C0ckpitvue 777

hexfet wrote: The bugs3 test builds are updated. Reviewed the captures and code and found some issues with the bind sequence. This build has a better chance of binding.

Thanks Hexfet,I hope someone can test this with the jumper or either the devo.

More
27 Feb 2018 00:51 #67796 by Blade81
I have a bug3 and a jumper. I love to help but im not sure how to go about it

More
27 Feb 2018 01:00 #67797 by C0ckpitvue 777

Blade81 wrote: I have a bug3 and a jumper. I love to help but im not sure how to go about it[/quote
If the Jumper is anything like the devo just download the latest nightly builds,it is under the hubsan protocol in the sub menu.

More
27 Feb 2018 01:34 - 27 Feb 2018 01:35 #67798 by hexfet
Bugs3 has it's own protocol. It's after Joysway as you scroll through the protocols. Download and install the t8sg test build from here , select the bugs3 protocol, then see if you can bind to your bugs3.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2018 01:35 by hexfet.

More
27 Feb 2018 02:11 #67799 by Blade81
I will try it tonight and update the results later

More
27 Feb 2018 02:24 #67801 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks fellas.

More
27 Feb 2018 13:26 #67806 by Blade81
i had tested but doesn't seem to work. at times i see the lights goes stable. which is sign of bind, but when i off the transmitter, lights stay steady instead of flashing.

i uploaded the video of me testing it. hope it helps.

More
27 Feb 2018 22:27 - 27 Feb 2018 22:28 #67813 by hexfet
Thanks, the video is helpful. Yes the lights are confusing though. They don't seem to behave like the manual says.

Would you please try the bind procedure that is at the top of page 8 in the pdf manual? The procedure is to start with the aircraft powered off, then put the tx in bind mode, then power on the aircraft. If it works the t8sg will exit bind mode automatically.

Please be careful. Until the protocol is completely worked out the aircraft may react dangerously if bind is successful, such as spinning the props and unknown throttle value. Suggest removing the props for testing.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2018 22:28 by hexfet.

More
27 Feb 2018 23:03 #67815 by Blade81
I will do it tonight and update the result. Thanks for the heads up i will remove the props for testing

More
28 Feb 2018 09:42 #67821 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I managed to fix the USB port on my Jumper T8SG, and to try out the latest test build. Turning the Jumper on first, then connecting the Bugs 3 to battery, the lights on the Bugs flash, and then stay on as per a normal bind. However, there are no notes played, and the Bugs 3 does not respond to moving both joysticks down and right by flashing lights as per a normal bind. There is no response to the throttle. I have a second Bugs 3 and a Bugs 6. I will test them tomorrow.

Time flies like a banana

More
28 Feb 2018 11:15 #67825 by Blade81

As per binding sequence. I tried twice and i believe the 2nd bind was sucessful. But channel controls are out. I believe the orignal tx initiate the bind command to the drone which cause it to imediately arm. Luckily my props are off as recommended by hexfet

More
28 Feb 2018 15:17 #67828 by hexfet
Interesting. The t8sg never received data from the quad to end the bind, but still had some effect since turning on the stock tx caused the motors to immediately start. Need to review the code to come up with the next test.

More
28 Feb 2018 16:49 #67829 by FlyBuy66
Replied by FlyBuy66 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Hexfet. I've got to give you 2 thumbs up for the hard work you are putting into this project. I would try to be more help but I'm only working with a flysky I6. I can't understand how NO ONE has been able to crack the arming of the Bugs 3 so it could be flown with any of a number of popular TX. I keep getting the updates on this project and it is very exciting. Who knows...if it gets cracked, I'll have to go buy a Jumper!
Thanks for all your doing Hex....have a productive day!

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds