Mjx Bugs 3

More
29 Nov 2017 22:08 #66271 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I read through the bugs manual and noticed it had a calibration process for the transmitter.I believe the values were off because when trying to calibrate the bugs by holding both sticks to the lower right I wasn't getting the blinking indicating calibration lights.I believe even when my throttle appeared to be lowered to 0 it was giving out some values.That would probably explain the data you was getting right away.Anyway I calibrated the tx and taped the throttle down to make sure it's at 0 during the calibration process.I took 2 more captures if anyone cares to look at them.
drive.google.com/file/d/1ar4TL5KFH6hA8vB...EUP/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/1J9mu5moCzabv8Bn...Ug1/view?usp=sharing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2017 00:24 - 30 Nov 2017 00:29 #66273 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Took a look at file "Tx in bind mode,quad plugged in bound".

Agree that transmit packet bytes 0-4 are involved with tx id and some sort of handshaking. Perhaps the alternating bit 0x40 indicates channel change or is a way to detect duplicated packets. Bit 0x04 of bytes 0 and 4 seems static - maybe a status of some sort and only bytes 1-3 are the id.

At the start of the capture bit 0x80 of transmit bytes 0 and 4 is set. At 4.266371 the first data is received from the aircraft. From that point forward the high bit of tx bytes 0 and 4 is always 0. That likely indicates to the receiver that the tx has heard it and completes the bind. The rest of the transmit packet data doesn't change between bind mode and normal, so likely the hopping channels are based strictly on the id value.

Receive data continues to come in every 72ms, with bytes 0 and 3 changed from the first received packet, probably telling the tx that it recognized the change to bound. Bytes 0 and 3 continue to change every so often through the end of the capture (never returning to the values in the first packet), but doesn't seem to be in a fixed interval. Does the stock tx have any indicators for status of the aircraft?

Unfortunately too many irons in the fire to work on an implementation. It's always more difficult without the aircraft.
Last edit: 30 Nov 2017 00:29 by hexfet.

More
30 Nov 2017 00:59 #66274 by C0ckpitvue 777
Yes,it has a green blinking led which is engaged by holding down red button upon power up along with 2 beeps to signify it's in bind mode,once the quad is plugged up I hear 1 beep and the light goes solid signifying the quad is bound.If I was to power on the tx w/out pressing the red button the light would be solid.I just took these captures with another bugs tx,hopefully this is it.I think I was trying to bind it to a tx it was already bound to.This is a fresh bind to the new tx.
drive.google.com/file/d/1avSSXA6eIL2bky6...osg/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/1IZ_KcrEbeHyGFVb...0TP/view?usp=sharing
I know you guys have your plates full,I greatly appreciate you looking into this.If I can provide any further assistance I will gladly oblige.

More
30 Nov 2017 01:25 #66276 by thornhill
Replied by thornhill on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Would it be useful to mention that the Bugs alerts the transmitter when there's poor signal & low voltage of the fight battery?

Not sure if that's part of the receiving data.

More
30 Nov 2017 09:52 #66282 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks for mentioning that but yes It does have voltage and range loss telemetry not sure if that's the data being leaked though.

More
30 Nov 2017 13:22 #66284 by FlyBuy66
Replied by FlyBuy66 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Glad to see that there are greater minds then mine working on this. I'm pretty sure that the 2 way telemetry involved in this config of the A 7105 is part of the bind/set-up procedure. In the Bugs 2w there is actual data returned to the transmitter. The binding procedure is exactly the same. I just don't have a Bugs 2w to look at

More
01 Dec 2017 00:47 #66287 by C0ckpitvue 777
I'm not sure if anyone is working on this fly,all the gurus appear to be busy with other projects.

More
01 Dec 2017 01:05 #66289 by thornhill
:( I've been lurking for a while and was excited to see new activity

More
01 Dec 2017 01:16 #66290 by C0ckpitvue 777
When I get time I'm going to study how to hack code, my Job is in it's peak(holiday season) now, it's our busiest time of year.When I get a chance I will look further into it.Patience is a virtue.I really do appreciate moeder,hexfet,goebish and others taking a look at the captures though.

More
01 Dec 2017 01:18 #66291 by thornhill

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote: ...Patience is a virtue.I really do appreciate moeder,hexfet,goebish and others taking a look at the captures though.

Agreed!

More
01 Dec 2017 08:31 #66295 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Mjx Bugs 3
@hexfet: good catch!

@Cockpitvue777: do you also have a second bugs3 to capture binding with?

More
01 Dec 2017 09:17 #66296 by C0ckpitvue 777
No I don't but I can order another rx board if necessary.

More
29 Jan 2018 02:30 #67240 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I appreciate the great work done here, and the need to be patient, but I'm very keen to be able to fly my MJX Bugs fleet using my Jumper T8SG.
The MJX Controllers feel really clunky after lots of Jumper action with my E011 and Hubsan X4.

Time flies like a banana

More
29 Jan 2018 09:59 #67249 by C0ckpitvue 777
I did all that I can do buddy,I understand your problem but It's out of my hands.

More
29 Jan 2018 13:29 #67255 by thornhill

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote: When I get time I'm going to study how to hack code...

Yeah, I think I might start going this route too (not just for the Bugs). Hard to know where to begin.

More
31 Jan 2018 22:35 #67321 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Had some time to work on this. Test builds are here . Code is in my repo branch protocol_bugs3.

This is based mainly on the information in Moeder and FlyBuy66 posts. There's a few open questions, so keep expectations low. Hopefully this version will at least bind. If it does bind, it should be armed as soon as bind is finished. Light control is channel 5, picture channel 6.

More
31 Jan 2018 22:52 #67322 by C0ckpitvue 777
Wow hexfet! You are the man bro,I really didn't expect this but it is definitely appreciated.Unfortunately I can't try the flight control do to a blown motor,maybe seby docky or another bugs 3 owner can try it out until I put mine up in the air.Btw if you have a patreon Hexfet please do send me a link.

More
31 Jan 2018 23:05 #67323 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Great to see progress. I have 2 Bugs 3's and a Bugs 6, but don't have any of the Devo TX's supported by the test builds, only a Jumper T8SG.
Seeing the huge number of different Devo models supported by the test build only increases my respect for the skill and dedication of those with the time and ability to work on protocols.

Time flies like a banana

More
31 Jan 2018 23:17 #67324 by thornhill
Thanks! Very exciting!

I can't test anything myself (I've been waiting to see if anything progressed here before pulling the trigger on a fancy transmitter), but I've passed this on to others

More
31 Jan 2018 23:49 #67325 by C0ckpitvue 777
I just tried it with the bugs3 protocol it didn't bind,do I have to search the frequency in the fine tune option?

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds