Mjx Bugs 3

More
03 Dec 2018 16:17 - 14 Dec 2018 15:05 #71966 by ncfom
Replied by ncfom on topic Mjx Bugs 3 not binding?
When trying to bind bugs 3 it arms(HOLD0), but motors only spin for about 1 sec then stop.

Flip the disarm switch(HOLD1) then arm again and motors only spin for only 1 sec.

Front lights blinking. FMOD switch not responsive.

Green FC with soldered ESC's

Model23 from cockpitvue, devo 7e with A7105,NRF24L01 modules,2-3- way switches and deviation e801244 dfu.

All channels responsive in channel monitor.

7e works with other quads no problem.

Batteries in devo 7e and quad fully charged.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Dec 2018 15:05 by ncfom. Reason: Excluded some info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2018 14:53 #72047 by NebuIIa
Replied by NebuIIa on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Hello everyone. I have a question about Bugs 3. Do you have both versions of FC( older green one with ECS plugged to the mainboard by white plugs, and newer black one with ESC soldered directly to mainboard) working on deviation software? Or do you have only 1 type working and the other one not so much?

More
16 Mar 2019 01:55 - 16 Mar 2019 15:20 #73382 by neurodr
Replied by neurodr on topic Mjx Bugs 3
A couple of questions:
Is the tx power max supposed to be 100mw? I am using the T8SG which has a max 150mw output, but this isn't available for the Bugs 3 - the max for Bugs 3 is 100mw. Is there a reason for this?

Does Ch10 do anything for the Bugs 3 or just the Bugs 8? I am not noticing any effect on the Bugs 3.

Major kudos to those who developed this protocol.

I am always impressed by what a community can do! That said it has been rather difficult to nail down exactly what to do to set up my Bugs 3. There are confusing/conflicting videos and forum posts. Here's what worked for me. My model file is attached if others find it useful.

Short:
Update the firmware using a nightly build appropriate for the Tx you have. Select the Bugs 3 protocol. Set up the arm switch, dual rates as desired, and other switches. Bind and fly! Its that simple! Again kudos to those who made this so simple and straight forward.

Long:
1) Download and install the correct nightly firmware update to the Tx. I did the one for 3/14/19 for T8SG, but any recent ones should work. Just update the dfu file using the DfuSe USB Upgrade tool. Press Ext when turning on the T8SG to get it in the right mode. I didn't find a need to re-calibrate the Tx but it may be needed. All model files, icons, etc remain in tact.
2) Go to model menu>model setup. Select a new model and choose Multi as the model type and select the Bugs 3 protocol. Rename the model as desired.
3) To set up the arm switch and lights go to Channel 5 (arm) and then Channel 6 (lights) and channel 7 (flip). The same setup works for all. Go to None and press Ent. Change to simple. Set to switch D1 or whichever switch you desire. Save and then Ext. Verify button works as intended in the transmitter menu>channel monitor. For example, D0 is unarmed with a value of -100. D1 arms the quad setting the value to 100. The same works for lights. -100 off. 100 on. Flips should be the same too. Remember to flip the switch back before giving input. If you have the camera module doing the same for channels 8 and 9 will all for camera and video capture, but I have not tested those and would imagine a momentary switch would be better, maybe I'm wrong here?
4) To set up multiple rates 60/80/100, go to model menu>mixer. For channels 1,2, and 4 (ail, ele, rud) select None. Change to Expo&DR. Scale 60. SW A1 (or whichever switch you want to use for dual rates). Scale 1 80. SW A2 (again correspond to the switch from earlier.) Select save before pressing Ext to exit back. Go to transmitter menu>channel monitor to verify your rates work as intended. As described here 60% is with the switch at the top position, 80% at the middle, and 100% at the bottom.
5) With the model set up. Go back to model menu>model setup and press bind. Plug in the quad. It should bind pretty quickly. Test your light switch. Arm the drone. Note that the fixed ID doesn't seem to display until the Tx is turned off and then on again, but it is bound without doing this. Test the arm button.
6) Telemetry can be added. Set the signal threshold (RSSI) to around 78db (based on several posts and videos). I'm not sure this isn't the best, but it seems safe. Set low battery (Volt1) to 6.4. Make sure the less than or equal to signs are selected NOT the greater than sign. Verify in the telemetry monitor screen. A charged battery should show 8.4v and a strong signal 100db.
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Mar 2019 15:20 by neurodr.

More
16 Mar 2019 08:26 #73385 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Hi neurodr - I've never had a problem setting my Bugs 3s to 150mw. Maybe a dfu version problem, as I haven't seen the need to update the dfu file for a while.
If necessary, just edit the model.ini file directly. Like your simple code for arming and lights.

Time flies like a banana

More
16 Mar 2019 16:01 #73390 by neurodr

davdrone1 wrote: If necessary, just edit the model.ini file directly.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. I edit the file to 150mw, but when I load the model it again resets the power to 100mw.

More
16 Mar 2019 16:04 #73391 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Mjx Bugs 3
100 mW is maximum power for A7105 protocols, the display was wrong in the previous builds.

More
16 Mar 2019 16:23 #73392 by neurodr

goebish wrote: 100 mW is maximum power for A7105 protocols, the display was wrong in the previous builds.

Ahh. This makes sense. My Flysky/Hubsan models also changed to 100mw max too. Those also use A7105.

More
16 Mar 2019 21:16 #73393 by davdrone1
I've still got a lot to learn about the tech in quads. I had no idea that A7105 protocols are limited to 100 mW. I've attached a 2W Booster and a higher gain antenna to my original Black/Silver Jumper T8SG, and can now fly my Bugs 3s beyond 600ms. Before the Booster I could loose control at 150 - 200ms in some places. I've used the Booster for a few months, without appearing to damage anything inside the Jumper Tx.

Time flies like a banana

More
17 Mar 2019 00:16 #73394 by JayDrone
Replied by JayDrone on topic Mjx Bugs 3
i tested a booster and it seemed to negitivly effect range

More
18 Mar 2019 02:00 #73403 by old4570
Replied by old4570 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I have a MJX Bugs 6 - Does it run the same protocol ?

More
18 Mar 2019 06:40 #73406 by davdrone1
Yes, the Bugs 6 uses the Bugs3 protocol, and works well.

Time flies like a banana

More
18 Mar 2019 09:09 #73409 by old4570
Replied by old4570 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Thank you ...

Love the Bugs 6 - hate the Tx

More
20 Mar 2019 17:19 #73452 by neurodr
I couldn't find much info on the flip switch functionality and did some testing of my own. Flips only seem to work on 100% rate with the flip switch activated. (This wasn't the case using the original remote. It worked in both high and low.) In both 80% and 60% rates, flips did not work for me. I didn't test rates between 80 and 100%, so can't say for certain that none of those would work. With the flip switch set on, flips can be done repeatedly and only when the right stick is pressed to a max position. What this means is that if you are careful to not go to a max stick position normal flight can continue with the flip switch on and then flips are done by simply jamming the stick in the desired direction.

More
20 Mar 2019 17:31 #73453 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Mjx Bugs 3
This is a side effect of implementing only "high rates" mode into protocols, flips work only when using full stick rates.

More
30 Mar 2019 15:14 - 30 Mar 2019 15:46 #73618 by Kees van de Wiel
Replied by Kees van de Wiel on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new in this topic and I'm not native english speaker :-)
Is it possible to set the rate switch without the bugs doing Flips?
Last edit: 30 Mar 2019 15:46 by Kees van de Wiel.

More
30 Mar 2019 17:46 - 01 Apr 2019 02:24 #73622 by neurodr

Kees van de Wiel wrote: I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm new in this topic and I'm not native english speaker :-)
Is it possible to set the rate switch without the bugs doing Flips?

Yes. I have three rates 60/80/100. I can fly around on 100 rates without doing flips, no problem. Flips only occur if you map a flip switch and have rates set rates to 100.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2019 02:24 by neurodr.

More
30 Mar 2019 18:01 #73623 by Kees van de Wiel
Replied by Kees van de Wiel on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I assigned the switch like neurodr explained. So ist it enough to set the rate to 99 instead of 100?

More
01 Apr 2019 02:31 #73653 by neurodr
For flips Channel 7 must be activated. Rates can be set independent of the flip switch, but in order for flips to work, rates must be at 100. The Bugs 3 won't flip, even on 100% rates if Channel 7 switch isn't on.

More
26 Apr 2019 16:53 #74147 by neurodr
After installing a new FC board into a dead bugs3 I received, I needed to calibrate the Bugs3 because it was not flying well. With the stock TX this is done by holding both sticks down and to the right. The same procedure did not work with the T8SG. While I probably won't have to do this again anytime soon, it would be nice to be able to do so without having to pull out a stock tx. Any thoughts on why or how the Bugs3 wouldn't calibrate using the T8SG?

More
04 May 2019 11:59 #74223 by Bhinman
Replied by Bhinman on topic Mjx Bugs 3 not binding?
I have the same issue. Have tried everything outlined. Bugs 3 blinks and motors come on for a second when armed. Any suggestions? Just updated to latest nightly build.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds