Serial out for LRS boxes

More
15 Oct 2018 00:34 #71344 by Whiffles
Replied by Whiffles on topic Serial out for LRS boxes

hexfet wrote: Thanks for testing! Are you using the nightly build or the reduce_latency test build?

Planning to work on the configuration settings when the test unit arrives. It has started the trip.

I'm using the nightly. I wasn't aware the reduced latency test build wasn't incorporated. I don't sense any latency when flying, but maybe I'm just not sensitive to it. I'm working on a tutorial video for setting this up and I'm directing people to the nightly page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2018 03:31 #71346 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Directing folks to the nightly build is best. If they're interested enough to get on the forum they'll find the rest. While the test build has slightly less latency I don't think it's a difference that would be noticed in flying.

More
15 Oct 2018 03:38 #71347 by Whiffles

hexfet wrote: Directing folks to the nightly build is best. If they're interested enough to get on the forum they'll find the rest. While the test build has slightly less latency I don't think it's a difference that would be noticed in flying.

Sounds good! Have you had a chance to look at the Lua scripts? I think the only technical hurdle here is dynamically building the CRSF settings menu. The Lua script seems to load the settings in real time as it contacts the RX. The TX should be easier as the setting options can be requested directly from the module.

More
05 Nov 2018 16:21 #71550 by Whiffles
Will R9 work on the new SBUS protocol or do we need something specific for that? I may buy an R9 module to test on the T8SG Plus.

More
05 Nov 2018 16:40 #71551 by hexfet
The Frsky website says the R9M only supports PPM and PXX. I've coded the PXX protocol but won't be able to test for several weeks.

More
05 Nov 2018 18:36 #71552 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Nice job Hexfet !
Possibly also this can be tested by using a flight controller, if it is in the nightlies I might hook up tonight see if it runs on betaflight receiver monitor.

(Still I hope some of the RF masters here manage to hook up Semtech module over the SPI bus)

More
05 Nov 2018 23:45 #71557 by hexfet
Pretty sure there's no PXX in betaflight as it's a protocol between tx and tx radio. Won't be in the nightlies until complete. Still untested Need to change the data transfer to DMA and add s.port support. It's branch protocol_pxx in my repo.

More
07 Nov 2018 18:44 #71622 by Whiffles

hexfet wrote: The Frsky website says the R9M only supports PPM and PXX. I've coded the PXX protocol but won't be able to test for several weeks.

I'm not familiar with PXX. Does it have any latency issues like PPM?

More
09 Nov 2018 08:52 #71663 by Fernandez
Yes you are right, pxx is not available. As Frsky is dumping, I couldn't resist, I have an LRS coming my way.....

More
16 Nov 2018 19:57 - 16 Nov 2018 20:03 #71763 by xfapv
Replied by xfapv on topic Serial out for LRS boxes

hexfet wrote: Thanks for the testing. It wouldn't surprise me if there's a small resistance between PA9 and the TX pin for short/ESD protection. If it's more than a couple hundred ohms then it might be the wrong pin. Can you measure with an ohmmeter? Compare to the resistance between PA8 and the trainer jack.

The oscilloscope should show a short burst of 400 kbps data every 4 ms. At 400k one bit time is 2.5 microseconds, so the 25 byte packet will only last 625 microseconds.

Update on Devo12: I tested the signal on the TX pin header with a better scope. As hexfet suspected there is no signal at all with CRSF. The voltage on the TX pin is about 3.4 V (constant) for protocol SBUS (and others) and switches to no signal when selecting protocol CRSF (the signal doesnt change, regardless if the scope is connect to TX or not). So something changes, when CRSF is selected, but the correct signal is not there.

So could you please check, if the CRSF signal is sent to devo12 TX Pin, or point out, where the output destination is set in the source code. I tested with the nightly build e801244.

Thx for any hint.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2018 20:03 by xfapv.

More
16 Nov 2018 21:32 - 16 Nov 2018 21:33 #71766 by hexfet
The difference in the devo12 code adjusts the PWM output pin to PA8 (_PWM_PIN in target/devo12/devo12_ports.h). The 12 shares the serial port pin definitions with the other devos (_USART_* in target/common/devo/uart.c). It uses the same serial port code too.

There's also no signal on the RX pin header?

If the SBUS and TESTSER protocols also don't show any output then it's unlikely the problem is specific to CRSF. Is the test done with a simple model that should produce a signal for the first four channels?

It is necessary to click Re-Init after changing the protocol to get the serial protocols started.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2018 21:33 by hexfet.

More
29 Dec 2018 03:10 #72136 by Alx_Slk
Replied by Alx_Slk on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Hello! The new version of the TBS agent can now change the settings of the micro TX module. It is very good! Now you can fully use the module without having open TX radio. Although it is not entirely clear how to upgrade the firmware of the receiver.

More
29 Dec 2018 03:34 #72137 by hexfet
That's good news! Do you have a link to the new version. The file here hasn't been updated.

More
29 Dec 2018 12:34 #72141 by Alx_Slk
Replied by Alx_Slk on topic Serial out for LRS boxes

hexfet wrote: That's good news! Do you have a link to the new version. The file here hasn't been updated.

Here is the link. I do not have a module, so I can not check. I follow this because I want to buy a micro TX module for my t8sg v2 plus radio.

https://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:agentxhttps://www.team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:agentx

More
29 Dec 2018 19:15 #72142 by hexfet
Thanks. I tested with the full size Crossfire module. It works fine for configuring the TX, but didn't seem to have any method to configure the RX. Either I was doing something wrong, or hopefully it's something they'll add soon.

More
28 Jan 2019 10:18 #72579 by Rjx
Replied by Rjx on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Hi guys.

Got T8SG v2+ here.

Was wondering if there is also support for openLRS?

Orange UHF or the wolfbox

Thanks

More
28 Jan 2019 15:47 #72583 by hexfet
Yes it can be used but need to learn more about openlrs to know if any changes would improve support. What are the best resources for openlrs info?

From what I've seen so far PPM should work without any changes required. A hardware mod may or may not be needed to use SBUS, and telemetry is possible but need to learn more to see what's required. I'll look into it.

More
28 Jan 2019 16:12 - 28 Jan 2019 16:13 #72586 by Rjx
www.itluxembourg.lu/site/ultimate-lrs-rssi/

Ive just ordered the wolfbox.

Another question, can the Transmitter do internal RF=off with PPM output at the back?

SBUS would be great option too. Since PPM has bigger delay
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 16:13 by Rjx.

More
28 Jan 2019 22:24 #72594 by Fernandez
Yes PPM, sbus, pxx protocols can be used to external
Modules internal modules are than off.

For DIY a very good contender is qczek qlrs system using lora

More
29 Jan 2019 00:10 #72596 by Rjx

Fernandez wrote: Yes PPM, sbus, pxx protocols can be used to external
Modules internal modules are than off.

For DIY a very good contender is qczek qlrs system using lora

Hi

Do I still need to flash nightly builds to get PPM and SBUS out? I have NOT flashed mine since I got it. Only mod I have done is the MP3 voice module.

How to know if internal RF module is OFF?

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds