expressLRS

More
16 Jan 2022 17:30 #77721 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS
That's good news. Yes 458a87e is fine for testing.

How is the CRSF menu with other devices? My crossfire nano rx sometimes doesn't show on the CRSF config page until I scroll down. Looking at the serial data it just seems slow to respond.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2022 18:03 #77722 by mooiweertje
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS
Ah yes. Often the device names don't show until the cursor hits the menu element.

More
16 Jan 2022 21:06 #77723 by mooiweertje
I haven't seen anything else disturbing. I'm going to fly tomorrow.

More
17 Jan 2022 15:38 #77724 by mooiweertje
The GPS telemetry shows some numbers but they are not close to the same as what I see in iNav and goggle OSD and are not the location.

More
17 Jan 2022 18:24 #77725 by hexfet
I'll need to set up some GPS telemetry to look into that, unless maybe you can make a data capture? Is this a new behavior or GPS telemetry was always like that?

Test build 051dab03 is available. This has a fix for the issue where a newly discovered device did not appear on the CRSF config page until an up/down press. Now the name will show up when the device info message is received. My nano rx responds a lot faster after changing the packet rate from Dynamic to 150Hz.

More
17 Jan 2022 22:17 - 17 Jan 2022 22:17 #77727 by mooiweertje
Today was my first flight with ELRS on a wing with GPS. I only have ELRS for a week. I never used a module before just the internal 4 in 1. GPS telemetry from an frsky type receiver worked well.

I don't know how to set dynamic packet rate. I only see an option for dynamic power in the menu.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2022 22:17 by mooiweertje.

More
17 Jan 2022 23:18 #77728 by hexfet
There might be an error in the conversion of the CRSF gps telemetry. I'll look at it in the coming days.

The data rate setting is on a Crossfire receiver.

More
18 Jan 2022 01:47 #77729 by mooiweertje
New devices now show in the menu. Just very rarely it does not.

More
18 Jan 2022 15:24 #77730 by hexfet
Thanks. Sounds like maybe a race condition to chase down. I went ahead and merged the current PR as it's much better than it was.

Test build 3663db7 is available. Fixes the GPS latitude and longitude display.

More
19 Jan 2022 16:27 #77731 by mooiweertje
I don't get a GPS lock inside and the weather is crap. In the weekend the weather will be better and I will test the GPS telemetry in the field.

More
21 Jan 2022 18:57 #77736 by hexfet
Test build is updated - cd4e656 . PR #1023 has the changes. GPS fix is also included in the build.

Received my ELRS module and learned a few things. Noticeable is a fix to scrolling the device menu.

ELRS has a special message to update the bad/good packet status and connection status (in opentx shown in upper right corner by the lua script). Not sure how best to use it, if at all. The bad/good is also in the main menu list - could have a button press update that value. Exposing it as telemetry data is another possibility. Maybe put it on the top line while in the device menu, though it may overwrite part of the device name. Suggestions?

More
21 Jan 2022 19:41 - 21 Jan 2022 19:41 #77737 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS
If you are able to expose the good/bad ratio it would be helpful. Unfortunately OpenTX has somewhat set the standard for UI so suggest we follow their lead to avoid confusing new users who will see OpenTX and expect Deviation to work the same way.
Thanks for getting the eLRS module, really appreciate the time you are putting into this!

hexfet wrote: Test build is updated - cd4e656 . PR #1023 has the changes. GPS fix is also included in the build.

Received my ELRS module and learned a few things. Noticeable is a fix to scrolling the device menu.

ELRS has a special message to update the bad/good packet status and connection status (in opentx shown in upper right corner by the lua script). Not sure how best to use it, if at all. The bad/good is also in the main menu list - could have a button press update that value. Exposing it as telemetry data is another possibility. Maybe put it on the top line while in the device menu, though it may overwrite part of the device name. Suggestions?

Last edit: 21 Jan 2022 19:41 by belrik.

More
22 Jan 2022 17:02 - 22 Jan 2022 17:03 #77738 by mooiweertje
I've got something in the Menu now bad/good 0/501. I don't know what it is. In the telemetry I have a lot of telemetry fields showing values that say something about connection quality. I don't know which one to use.
If it's possible to put a telemetry alarm on good/bad it may be useful to add it to the telemetry data.

I'm flying tomorrow and will check the GPS telemetry.
Last edit: 22 Jan 2022 17:03 by mooiweertje.

More
23 Jan 2022 11:10 #77739 by belrik

More
23 Jan 2022 20:59 #77740 by mooiweertje
GPS telemetry works. I fly fpv so I don't know how to test good/bad. I have rssi in osd.

More
23 Jan 2022 23:06 #77741 by hexfet
The bad/good numbers are basically the number of bad and good packets received in a second. Should be 0/configured packet rate. It refers to the link between Deviation and the tx module. The radio telemetry is the correct thing to monitor for the air link.

I've merged the gps fix. Thanks for the testing.

New test build is available 835b547 . As belrik noticed the serial data rate is bumped to 1.87Mbps if the module is detected to be ELRS. This rate works well on my t8sg. Please let me know how it works for you.

Model match is enabled. Set the fixed id in the model to a number 0-63. Click on Re-Init after this change, or power cycle the t8sg. Follow the ELRS procedure for setting the receiver. I'm not sure I've worked out all the details, but it's basically having the receiver connected, the tx module Model Match parameter set On, and then set the fixed id. When I mess up and can't connect to the receiver then turning the module parameter Off restores the connection after cycling power.

More
23 Jan 2022 23:18 #77742 by mooiweertje
I think I have time again Wednesday to try the new build.

I read somewhere ELRS packet rate can go up to 1KHz. Is this the goal of the new baud rate?

More
23 Jan 2022 23:26 #77743 by belrik

mooiweertje wrote: I think I have time again Wednesday to try the new build.

I read somewhere ELRS packet rate can go up to 1KHz. Is this the goal of the new baud rate?

It would help enable higher packet rates but the goal of higher baud rates was to spend less time transmitting each packet from the radio to the module. Think of each stick update like a download, a higher transfer rate allows the stick data to reach the module quicker each time. The savings amount to a latency reduction, I think 0.5ms latency saving was given as an example.
Search "megabauds" for more information.

More
24 Jan 2022 02:53 #77744 by mooiweertje
Problems sleeping so I flashed the 835b547 and it seems to work perfectly.

More
24 Jan 2022 03:49 - 24 Jan 2022 03:49 #77745 by mooiweertje
Tested Model match and it is working but it's behavior doesn't make much sense. I set the id to 11 and the next time I check the id in the RX it's 0. I've also lost connection between Deviation and the TX.
I would be afraid to use it how it works now.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2022 03:49 by mooiweertje.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds