expressLRS

More
02 Oct 2021 11:16 #77586 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS

ethr wrote: How do I connect the module to devo u7e? It supposed to have tx and rx..I am not sure trainer port has them. Please excuse me if I sound lazy!

Same connection as crossfire. But probably easier to get a new radio with external module bay!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2021 11:26 #77587 by ethr
Replied by ethr on topic expressLRS
And how do you connect crossfire(to be honest if I knew, I wouldn't have asked). I have a newer radio with module bay and opentx. I just like this radio, and the weather is shitty, so I can try to make it work for fun :) 10x for your response!

More
08 Oct 2021 15:56 #77595 by Neiro
Replied by Neiro on topic expressLRS
Hey, I've been having trouble with ExpressLRS. I had an R9 that I never got working so I got a Happymodel ES24TX. I've read through the thread so I see that people are getting it working. Maybe I've missed something.
Here are the details:

PROBLEM: not getting menu for CRSF

-T8sg the carbon
- flashed t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-c84450e (T8SGv2 no OLED version)
-transmitter seems to work fine for everything else
- module HappyModel ES24TX
-flashed release version 1.1
- flashed master branch, didn't work not getting menu for CRSF
- downloaded the git master branch and tried to build locally - got build error
- moved folder to root directory - got build error
Note: the master branch I downloaded had the shortened device name so I'm assuming the one in the one the configurator accesses does also.

Settings
REGULATORY_DOMAIN_ISM_2400
UART_INVERTED - unchecked
FEATURE_OPENTX_SYNC - unchecked
NO_SYNC_ON_ALARM - unchecked
TML_REPORT_INTERVAL_MS - unchecked

I'm at a bit of loss. Any help would be appreciated:)

More
08 Oct 2021 16:10 #77596 by Almeida
Replied by Almeida on topic expressLRS
Hi I flashed this one github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/files/6...2-v5.0.0-575ef03.zip
And got the menus for crsf.

More
09 Oct 2021 04:49 #77597 by Neiro
thanks, I'll try that one. That's not the latest nightly. Is it a special build for expressLRS?

More
09 Oct 2021 07:19 #77598 by Neiro
Tried it, didn't work:( I must be doing something wrong somewhere.

More
09 Oct 2021 18:41 #77599 by Neiro
I also tried it in a yellow T8sg plus with the same behavior.
if I click on CRSF The CRSF config header comes up and I can scroll down 4 blank lines but there are no items in the menu the same as happens when there is no module in the bay. maybe there's something I'm not adding in the expressLRS configurator?

More
09 Oct 2021 19:11 - 09 Oct 2021 19:12 #77600 by belrik

Neiro wrote: I also tried it in a yellow T8sg plus with the same behavior.
if I click on CRSF The CRSF config header comes up and I can scroll down 4 blank lines but there are no items in the menu the same as happens when there is no module in the bay. maybe there's something I'm not adding in the expressLRS configurator?

eLRS 1.x is still using the old CRSF menu implementation. You have 2 choices:
1. Flash phobos' Deviation firmware which includes the older eLRS menu for eLRS 1.x. Use this with eLRS 1.x only.
2. Flash eLRS master branch which will be released in eLRS 2.x, this uses the same menu as crossfire and works with regular deviationTX nightly builds. However eLRS module device names > 12 characters bug out deviationTX. Only the eLRS master branch can work with regular deviationTX builds.

You can't mix the two, or you see blank device names.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2021 19:12 by belrik.

More
09 Oct 2021 19:15 #77601 by belrik

Neiro wrote: thanks, I'll try that one. That's not the latest nightly. Is it a special build for expressLRS?

This is phobos' build from here: github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/pull/10...suecomment-829219124

More
09 Oct 2021 22:15 #77602 by Neiro
Success! I think. I'd tried that one before and it didn't work. I just tried it again and it didn't work again... but... after I flashed it and it didn't work I thought maybe that flashing using the usb mode on the es24 was interfering with communication with the T8SG so I moved the jumpers esp backpack flashing locations and... menu! so at least on my radios having the es24 jumpers set to USB flashing messes up the menu system. I'll update when I do some more tests and see if other firmware works. hopefully now that the menus work I can flash with wifi so I don't have to keep switching jumpers back and forth.

More
12 Oct 2021 14:58 #77604 by Almeida
Glad you got it working I also have the same elrs tx, did the update like you and then put the jumpers back so got everything working, in the menus now you have a WiFi option to update haven't tried yet though.

More
25 Nov 2021 17:18 - 26 Nov 2021 12:49 #77621 by dat-alex
Replied by dat-alex on topic expressLRS
Hi!

I just got my Happymodel ELRS 2.4 module and trying to make it work with my T8SG plus (V3 pcb) -crossfire mode already done.
I have flashed deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-e0ab3bc and getting CRSF blank lines menu like Neiro.

I tried Phobo update with no result (blank screen) maybe due to OLED lcd . (how I can check my ELRS module version?)

belrik wrote:

Neiro wrote: ....
eLRS 1.x is still using the old CRSF menu implementation. You have 2 choices:
1. Flash phobos' Deviation firmware which includes the older eLRS menu for eLRS 1.x. Use this with eLRS 1.x only.
2. Flash eLRS master branch which will be released in eLRS 2.x, this uses the same menu as crossfire and works with regular DeviationTX nightly builds. However eLRS module device names > 12 characters bug out deviationTX. Only the eLRS master branch can work with regular DeviationTX builds.

You can't mix the two, or you see blank device names.

I did my homework and I think that I cannot use new ELRS 2.0.0-RC3 (or example) as my SPI receivers (AIO board) is not yet supported.
I assume I must stay with ELRS1.x and (find same as Phobos) Deviation FW but with OLED support :dry:

Any ideas?

Thank you for your time
Alex

Last edit: 26 Nov 2021 12:49 by dat-alex.

More
08 Dec 2021 00:12 #77623 by Almeida
Hi all, its been a while since this post was updated I had some issues, because im not very savy regarding electronic and flashing, etc... but with the help of awesome guys i was able to get this party going without the need to purchase a opentx controler! Now Im on 1.1.0 version of elrs and it works but elrs development is on 2. something, is anyone working on this?

More
19 Dec 2021 04:02 #77628 by Mattiuzzo
Replied by Mattiuzzo on topic expressLRS
What do you mean bottom pins on the module? How do you connect this to the transmitter?

More
19 Dec 2021 10:38 #77629 by tonh
Replied by tonh on topic expressLRS
Is our beloved t8sgv3 actaully capable of 500hz?

More
21 Dec 2021 04:40 #77631 by rc manic
Replied by rc manic on topic expressLRS
Yes, I'd like to know the same. When I choose 500Hz in the CRSF menu, the system crashes and I am unable to reaccess the menu.

More
04 Jan 2022 21:03 - 04 Jan 2022 21:19 #77634 by mooiweertje
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS
I've got a Happymodel ES24TX pro and tried it today and it connects and I can control and I see telemetry coming in. I installed ELRS 2.0.1 and also tried 2.0.0 but all I get to see in my menu is one line.

ELRS 2400RX

What can I do to fix this?
Last edit: 04 Jan 2022 21:19 by mooiweertje.

More
04 Jan 2022 21:23 - 04 Jan 2022 21:23 #77635 by belrik

mooiweertje wrote: I've got a Happymodel ES24TX pro and tried it today and it connects and I can control and I see telemetry coming in. I installed ELRS 2.0.1 and also tried 2.0.0 but all I get to see in my menu is one line.

ELRS 2400RX

What can I do to fix this?

Device names longer than 12 characters cause issues on DeviationTX. So you gotta cut down the length of the TX module name. Do it using a custom define like this:

-DMY_BINDING_PHRASE="your binding phrase"
-DAUTO_WIFI_ON_INTERVAL=20
-DUNLOCK_HIGHER_POWER
-DDEVICE_NAME="ES24TX-PRO"
-DFAST_SYNC
Last edit: 04 Jan 2022 21:23 by belrik.

More
04 Jan 2022 23:18 #77636 by mooiweertje
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS
That results in a build error. I'm a programmer and understand what your saying. I can change the source file "HappyModel_ES24TX_Pro_Series_2400_TX.h" and change DEVICE_NAME there. I don't know how to start a build using this file though.

Build error
<command-line>:0:13: error: 'ES24TX' was not declared in this scope
src/options.cpp:8:28: note: in expansion of macro 'DEVICE_NAME'
const char device_name[] = DEVICE_NAME;
^
<command-line>:0:20: error: 'PRO' was not declared in this scope
src/options.cpp:8:28: note: in expansion of macro 'DEVICE_NAME'
const char device_name[] = DEVICE_NAME;
^
*** [.pio\build\HappyModel_ES24TX_Pro_Series_2400_TX_via_WIFI\src\options.cpp.o] Error 1
========================= [FAILED] Took 71.53 seconds =========================
Environment Status Duration

HappyModel_ES24TX_Pro_Series_2400_TX_via_WIFI FAILED 00:01:11.531
==================== 1 failed, 0 succeeded in 00:01:11.531 ====================

More
04 Jan 2022 23:23 - 04 Jan 2022 23:31 #77637 by belrik
Seems that ES24TX and PRO are not staying in the same string. Not sure why the hyphen would cause issues.
Obviously editing the source works, but using a define means you can use the online repo without needing local code.

I did the same thing but mine was this:

-DDEVICE_NAME=BETAFPV

So maybe the quotes didn't parse correctly.

Try just ES24TX perhaps?

Thinking about this - there was a bug with quotes being shown in the CRSF menu in the eLRS 2.0 RC builds. Someone may have gotten over-enthusiastic when stripping quotes.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2022 23:31 by belrik.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds