expressLRS

More
06 Sep 2021 00:33 #77544 by ethr
Replied by ethr on topic expressLRS
Is there any chance to use elrs with devo 7e ultra?? It would be so nice :))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2021 01:35 #77545 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS
If your deviation radio works with crossfire then the radio should work with eLRS master branch firmware, and deviation menuswill be supported from the next official eLRS release.

More
06 Sep 2021 10:26 #77546 by ethr
Only tried with r9m lite, it was supposed to work..but I was missing something from the instructions and I never made it. There is a crsf in the nightly that is installed in my devo :) I will wait for the official release. I love this radio, it works perfectly fine and I had a feeling it will be used again some day :))

More
13 Sep 2021 20:50 #77559 by Gabrielmor7205
Replied by Gabrielmor7205 on topic expressLRS
So... If I update my t8SG to the last deviationtx nightly build, I bought the happymodel TX an RX, I install to it the last master branch of elrs... Everything will work? What can I expect to get? (I have no Taranis or anything else at hand to send LUA scripts). Thank you.

More
13 Sep 2021 20:51 #77560 by Gabrielmor7205
Replied by Gabrielmor7205 on topic expressLRS
Mine is a T8SG V3 carbon transmitter, by the way.

More
13 Sep 2021 21:39 #77561 by DaddySharkFPV
Replied by DaddySharkFPV on topic expressLRS
You will need to do a simple hardware mod (clipping a pin in the module bay of your transmitter, and connecting it to another pin using a wire). But otherwise, you should be able to use it just fine as you described. Works like a charm on my t8sgV2 plus. No lua scripts or anything.

More
13 Sep 2021 21:54 - 13 Sep 2021 21:56 #77562 by belrik
Yeah, should work fine. If you cannot see the device page then you may need to shorten the device name to make it 12 characters or less in here: github.com/ExpressLRS/ExpressLRS/blob/e4...pymodel_2400.ini#L11

e.g. replace "HappyModel ES24TX" with something shorter like "HM ES24TX"

Probably this will be fixed soon if it isn't already, but I hit the bug when testing a few days ago. I'll check with the dev and see what the status is.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2021 21:56 by belrik.

More
14 Sep 2021 09:05 #77563 by tonh
Replied by tonh on topic expressLRS

belrik wrote: All eLRS modules work the same way, so 915, 868 or 2400 all work. Obviously the tx frequency must match Rx frequency otherwise both tx and Rx behave like CRSF modules at the radio and FC ends.
Any recent deviation firmware should work, and if you install the master branch of eLRS then you should be able to use CRSF as a protocol and the menus will work. I've been testing this with eLRS developers on my HS ES24TX.
This is preferred cos it unlocks all the new features like BLE joystick mode, dynamic power etc.
eLRS looks on track to be compatible with stock deviation in the next release after 1.0.

Hey!

I've been enjoying ELRS (HM 2.4 tx) for a while now using Phobos' build for the t8sg from github. Would I be better off installing the latest nightly for deviation? (I'm usually like if it works.. it works.. ;-) until it can be better.. )

Thanks, Ton

More
14 Sep 2021 09:40 #77564 by Almeida
Replied by Almeida on topic expressLRS
I'm waiting for the module, is there any firmware available for the Jumper T8sg V3 the carbon one but without the oled panel?

More
14 Sep 2021 10:53 - 14 Sep 2021 10:53 #77565 by belrik
TL;DR - If it ain't broke.... don't fix it! Check back when eLRS releases v2.0

Right now eLRS is rapidly adding new features, a lot of that makes it easier for users of DeviationTX to run eLRS - but we are not quite there yet. I mentioned the bug with longer device names, so everything was working on DeviationTX nightly builds then someone wanted to use longer names and support broke due to this. I am talking to a dev who is being super-awesome and working both sides - they are adding support to eLRS for non-openTX users and also improving CRSF support in DeviationTX code.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2021 10:53 by belrik.

More
16 Sep 2021 23:30 #77567 by Almeida

Almeida wrote: I'm waiting for the module, is there any firmware available for the Jumper T8sg V3 the carbon one but without the oled panel?

Probably tomorrow i will receive my module can anyone help me on my question, sorry for being annoying but I love deviationtx and dont want to change to another tx!

More
17 Sep 2021 00:18 #77569 by belrik

Almeida wrote:

Almeida wrote: I'm waiting for the module, is there any firmware available for the Jumper T8sg V3 the carbon one but without the oled panel?

Probably tomorrow i will receive my module can anyone help me on my question, sorry for being annoying but I love deviationtx and dont want to change to another tx!

www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...8sg-v3-carbono#76329

More
17 Sep 2021 00:41 #77570 by Almeida
Sorry belrik but I dont see any kind of firmware in there to help me after I receive my ELRS module.

More
17 Sep 2021 09:46 #77571 by belrik

Almeida wrote: Sorry belrik but I dont see any kind of firmware in there to help me after I receive my ELRS module.

The point is that you can use the nightly T8SGv2 (non-plus version) on your T8SGv3. Just go to the download page.

More
17 Sep 2021 10:53 #77572 by Almeida
Thank you once again, is this the correct one deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-c84450e?

More
17 Sep 2021 11:09 #77573 by belrik

Almeida wrote: Thank you once again, is this the correct one deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-c84450e?

Yes, that file is the correct one for T8SGv2 (no OLED) and v3 but there haven't been builds in a while - keep an eye on github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/issues/1014 for a fix and new nightly builds.

More
18 Sep 2021 02:17 #77574 by Almeida
Hi belrik, I got everything running and already put an EP1 rx in one drone so far very pleased, had an issue with the module doesn't show on my wifi network had to flash it by usb the rx worked perfectly, I only did the mod for crf didn't flash any firmware for my T8SG so I'm not seeing menus for the crf but is ok because the drone is working fine and I have one drone with xm plus and I don't to have issues with that one later on probably I will change that also to elrs but for now it will be ok I just want a good connection, so once again thanks for your help.
Cheers

More
18 Sep 2021 02:50 #77575 by DaddySharkFPV
Replied by DaddySharkFPV on topic expressLRS
Glad you got it working! To flash the module over wifi, you have to put it in wifi flashing mode using the transmitter menu, once you get it working. Good luck!

More
19 Sep 2021 00:07 #77577 by Almeida
Thanks I did upgrade my Tx to this firmaware (deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-575ef03) everything went smooth nt even had the need to copy the folders with models and others and now I have crf menus.

More
02 Oct 2021 10:41 #77585 by ethr
How do I connect the module to devo u7e? It supposed to have tx and rx..I am not sure trainer port has them. Please excuse me if I sound lazy!

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds