expressLRS

More
18 Apr 2021 17:57 #77357 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS

tonh wrote:

belrik wrote: So we need ESP-based module, then we set a flag when building ExpressLRS to invert the UART traffic and we can use CRSF option to run the menu for ELRS?

Can we use both Crossfire equiment and ELRS modules on the same DeviationTX radio or does this replace the CRSF menu with the ELRS menu?

Not sure. I’ve ordered the happymodel 2.4 elrs rx/tx and can’t wait to try it. Supposed to be delivered somewhere in May. :) ... Maybe you can ask in the ExpressLRS discord?

The happymodel es24tx seems to use an esp32, so that's fine. I'm asking here cos the deviation bits concern me. Pretty sure it'll work but I have tracer and want to be able to use both.
www.happymodel.cn/index.php/2021/04/12/h...ro-tx-module-es24tx/ btw looks great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2021 19:48 #77376 by DaddySharkFPV
Replied by DaddySharkFPV on topic expressLRS
I have the es24tx in my t8sg plus, and can confirm that it works!

You need to do the crossfire pin mod, and flash recent firmware. I flashed the crsf configuration test build from hexfet www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...t-crsf-configuration

Then you flash the module, make sure you uncheck the inverted uart checkbox and the opentx sync checkbox in the elrs configurator.

You also need to put your arm switch on channel 5 (aux 1) in your model configuration.

Good luck!

More
15 May 2021 20:03 - 15 May 2021 20:05 #77377 by tonh
Replied by tonh on topic expressLRS
Yup.. same here.. got the happymodel 2.4ghz elrs module working with menu et al... upgraded my t8sgv3 (carbon/non-plus) with this firmware: github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/pull/1009 then like mentioned above, do crossfire mod, upgrade the happymodel module to the latest elrs firmware

(using usb & HappyModel_ES24TX_2400_TX_via_UART target, dont' forget to set both jumpers to the bottom 2 pins on the module and as mentioned above also unselect uart-inverted in the configurator)

succes.. menu available in the crsf menu.

Now.. waiting for my rx's to arrive.. :-)
Last edit: 15 May 2021 20:05 by tonh.

More
15 May 2021 20:09 #77378 by DaddySharkFPV
That's awesome! I'll have to check out the update. Would love to have the menu available.

More
16 May 2021 13:31 #77379 by Corrado-c
Replied by Corrado-c on topic expressLRS

DaddySharkFPV wrote: I have the es24tx in my t8sg plus, and can confirm that it works!

You need to do the crossfire pin mod, and flash recent firmware. I flashed the crsf configuration test build from hexfet www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...t-crsf-configuration

Then you flash the module, make sure you uncheck the inverted uart checkbox and the opentx sync checkbox in the elrs configurator.

You also need to put your arm switch on channel 5 (aux 1) in your model configuration.

Good luck!

the change is present only in the file on github or also in the official nightly-builds devaitiontx?

More
16 May 2021 13:40 #77380 by DaddySharkFPV
Not sure of it's in the nightlies. I had a maybe 1 ye arold version of the nightlies that was supposed to support crsf but didn't work with my es24tx. Fortunately the links above both work, and the GitHub link does in fact add the menu which is great.

More
16 May 2021 14:52 #77381 by Corrado-c
ok i just tried both, with the nightly the menu does not work, despite being the last release they have not inserted these changes.
I was hoping they could add uart reversal from the radio, in this way I could use the same module on both Jumper T8SG and Radiomaster TX16S, instead I have to reverse the uart on the transmitter.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SaYV4yrfpwqbgu1k7

More
16 May 2021 15:01 #77382 by belrik

Corrado-c wrote: ok i just tried both, with the nightly the menu does not work, despite being the last release they have not inserted these changes.
I was hoping they could add uart reversal from the radio, in this way I could use the same module on both Jumper T8SG and Radiomaster TX16S, instead I have to reverse the uart on the transmitter.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SaYV4yrfpwqbgu1k7

I think the menu for current eLRS needs a custom addition to the crossfire menu in deviation. There are plans afoot to use the same menu system as crossfire with eLRS. Likely arriving shortly after eLRS 1.0 release. Once this is done you won't need a special deviation build, only the inversion change.

More
16 May 2021 15:34 #77383 by DaddySharkFPV
True, if you're using the same transmitter module on different radios, it would be a hassle to flash the transmitter with different inversion settings. Good news is you could have different modules with the same binding phrase.

More
04 Jun 2021 17:46 #77418 by belrik
Good news - I helped a Dev (stoneddawg) test a build of eLRS with dynamic menus today. The test showed up some problems which the stoneddawg was able to correct. So eLRS will soon be able to function perfectly with deviationTX nightlies using the existing CRSF support.

More
04 Jun 2021 17:50 #77419 by Corrado-c
fantastic news!
thank you very much!

More
10 Jun 2021 20:17 #77425 by tonh
Nice.. would this be preferred over the custom build over at github? I've been flying ELRS for a month now with me t8sgv3 without any problem... :-)

And is sooooo goooood..... at first I was like.. holy sh.. what happened with my ffwd.. my rates... but.. nothing.. it's actually moving with the sticks...

Thanks

More
10 Jun 2021 22:01 #77427 by belrik
Depends on how comfortable you are building eLRS. If you are ok pulling down a custom branch then the details are in the PR: github.com/ExpressLRS/ExpressLRS/pull/620

Otherwise, wait for eLRS to finalise the 1.0 release and we will see a bunch of new features added shortly after.

More
11 Jun 2021 07:06 #77428 by tonh
That sounds awesome... meanwhile, I'm using this: github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/pull/1009 seems to work fine for now..

More
19 Aug 2021 15:42 #77530 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic expressLRS
Just got it to work in my Radiomaster TX8, goodie.

Now I have to wait, until my first quad with ELRS gets delivered...

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
03 Sep 2021 22:38 - 03 Sep 2021 22:57 #77539 by Almeida
Replied by Almeida on topic expressLRS
Hi all, first of all sorry by asking this again but I´m lost, I have the Jumper T8sg V3 the carbon one but without the oled panel, for this one what´s the firmware to apply?

Is this the appropriate module/RX to buy : pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005002460670778....-994f-96bc8b678ab0-1 / www.xt-xinte.com/Happymodel-2-4g-Express...C-Drone-p819641.html / www.xt-xinte.com/Happymodel-ELRS-PP-2-4G...ssories-p817514.html

Another thing is the crossfire mod needed in this Jumper TX?

Also this module is for 2.4ghz so the 915 and the 868 wont work with deviationtx?

Again sorry for all this questions.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2021 22:57 by Almeida. Reason: added module

More
04 Sep 2021 05:13 - 04 Sep 2021 05:15 #77540 by DaddySharkFPV
I think the firmware linked above should still work? You might need to build it for your transmitter, or ask someone to build it for you from the GitHub code. Honestly, I don't know.

In any case, any version of the elrs module should work for you (provided you can choose not to invert uart, when you build the tx firmware which I think means it has to be built on an esp32 architecture... No I don't know exactly what that means).

You can pick the band you want to use because the modules interface with your transmitter the same way. I went with 2.4 because it's long enough range for me, (my goggles give out before my transmitter does) and I like the tiny antennas on my smaller quads.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2021 05:15 by DaddySharkFPV.

More
04 Sep 2021 08:39 - 04 Sep 2021 08:46 #77541 by belrik
All eLRS modules work the same way, so 915, 868 or 2400 all work. Obviously the tx frequency must match Rx frequency otherwise both tx and Rx behave like CRSF modules at the radio and FC ends.
Any recent deviation firmware should work, and if you install the master branch of eLRS then you should be able to use CRSF as a protocol and the menus will work. I've been testing this with eLRS developers on my HS ES24TX.
This is preferred cos it unlocks all the new features like BLE joystick mode, dynamic power etc.
eLRS looks on track to be compatible with stock deviation in the next release after 1.0.
Last edit: 04 Sep 2021 08:46 by belrik.

More
05 Sep 2021 14:12 #77542 by Almeida
Replied by Almeida on topic expressLRS
Thks for your answers, do you think this new implementations will be available soon?

More
05 Sep 2021 15:08 #77543 by belrik
Deviation should work if you select eLRS master branch instead of the release version.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds