Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: bootloader)

• PhracturedBlue
31 Aug 2017 12:58
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood

Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

Category: General Discussions

I am actually quite encouraged by the response from these guys. I was not expecting them to be so interested in working with our community.
it appears this transmitter will need a new target, even if it is a variant of the devo7e-256.
One thing I'm a little concerned about is the development loop. Often companies will rev their hardware with no notification. If they have one-time flashed firmware, they can just fire and forget. But we would need to support every iteration that is released.
We should ask that if they decide to make hardware modifications, they provide a mechanism to identify the hardware rev. The easiest way is to code it into the bootloader (assuming they have one).

dc59,
Can you ask them whether they have a USB bootloader installed in the firmware? Otherwise, it makes it much harder for an end-user to update their device.
  • shahidali55
02 Aug 2017 13:44
Replied by shahidali55 on topic Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

Wishlist for a custom Transmitter board

Category: Development

Just joined the devo7c train. Flashed the 256k bootloader on to a bare development board, wired the SSD1306 display. It boots !!! Now waiting for the flash chip to arrive . . .

silpstream wrote:

I got things working on the SSD1306. Code changes to the init script was required as well as a hardware pin for reset of the old on bootup. After that everything went well on the screen side.

I also ended up not being able to get out of the "Missing Modules" screen, as hitting "OK" would just reboot the board. Traced it down to somewhere in the MULTI_MOD stuff, so I disabled that for now as I don't have any rf_modules to hookup. I assume, it really doesn't like the fact that no modules are present.

So now it boots up (without the reboots), displays on the SSD1306 OLED screen and we can play around in the menus.

Connections for screen as follows:

SSD1306 -> MCU Port.IO#
CLK -> A.5
MOSI -> A.7
RESET -> B.1
D/C -> C.5
CS -> B.0

The file is attached here (I named it devo7c as in devo7custom) and it WILL ONLY work for a SSD1306 screen currently. It's based on the latest nightly.

• ch_screwed
23 Jul 2017 18:18
Replied by ch_screwed on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

Category: Tutorials

I had the pin only shorted while pluging the STLink in, used tweezers. So no solder residue or forgotten jumper. I have checked the resistance to ground/Vcc and also the voltage at the pin while running, it is zero. Will send pictures tomorrow. One thing i have seen while rechecking the bootloader is on, STLinkUtility does not show the Flash size, says "unknown" or something. But Bootloader is on there and checks out with the bin file.
  • ch_screwed
23 Jul 2017 14:03
Replied by ch_screwed on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

Hello, i would have tried the modification with my Tx. I desoldered and soldered the STM32, checked the pins with a magnifier, flashed the bootloader (checked that start adress is set to 0x08000000 and that it said verification ok afterwards). But now i seem to have been lost just before the finish line. If i start the Tx without any button pressed, it goes into "Program Update" mode. I have checked for shorts by holding a continuity tester to the pins per button matrix, to check they are not shorted somewhere. When i press the (Ext) button the continuity tester beeps as expected. The Tx connects via USB as expected in DFU mode, and flashing with the DeviationUploader 0.8 finishes without error. Just when i turn it on, i am still in programm update mode, even after pulling the battery and waiting a bit. I have tried Firmware "devo7e-256-v5.0.0-65ec105" and "-d9cd81f". It does not go into USB drive mode when holding ENT and switching on. What else can i check or try?
  • offspringfan
22 May 2017 13:15 - 22 May 2017 13:17
Replied by offspringfan on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

I just upgraded the processor, flashed the bootloader and uploaded the latest nightly.

But i get an error on startup: "Missing Modules: CYRF6936"
I can't just click it away. When pressing the enter button, I start USB mode, on ext I get to DFU mode. I managed to get past there once, so im sure the Buttons are all working correctly.
Also I double checked the four connections to the CYRF6936 module. I used the complete stock filesystem, no extra switches or modules installed at the moment.

This is my errors.txt:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Any ideas?
  • silpstream
03 May 2017 13:57 - 03 May 2017 14:02
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

Plug a cable in and test connectivity from the side that plugs into the computer to the MCU pins. It's also possible that a solder joint on the usb connector to the main board has cracked from repeated use. This has happened to me on development boards and have cause endless nights of pain.

I believe that the programming header is 3v3. Check with a multimeter to be sure.

No real harm done in adding the jumper, but to be honest, if the transistor is good (your description tells me it is), you shouldn't actually need to do this. You can probe pin 3 with a multimeter to see that you get 3v3 there when the power is turned on and you are in programming mode. If you do, then adding the wire does very little.

Also FYI (since I read back a couple of posts and saw this question posed), the correct thing for the transmitter to do after having the bootloader flashed is to go into programming mode even if the EXT button is not pressed, as it has no firmware to boot into. After firmware is flashed, it should then boot into USB mode if the onboard flash has never been formatted to FAT before, even if the ENT button is not pressed.
  • Sko
02 May 2017 20:35
Replied by Sko on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

Hi all. I have the same situation as compman2 = i've soldered processor, flashed bootloader and then it doesn't recognized in windows. Tomorrow will try to trace usb circuit and will try to test pnp transistor. Thanks, Silpstream!
  • compman2
01 May 2017 13:40
Replied by compman2 on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

I have been working at an mcu upgrade and have gotten very close but not over the final hump. I have installed the new processor and flashed the bootloader. When I startup it is in program update mode but my computer doesn't recognize the usb device so I am unable to flash deviation to it. I have another U7e that is recognized on the same computer. This is the second mcu I have installed and the behavior is the same with both processors. I have checked the connectivity of the usb pins from the chip pin to the usb cable connector and have no issues there.

I am looking for ideas? I ordered the processors from china what are the chances that the processors have a defect that keeps the usb from working? Is it possible that a component on the board is causing the problem, if so where might I look? I noticed on the mcu pin map in the wiki that there is a usb enable pin that needs to be drawn low, is there a way to manually do this to see if the usb will work?

I may reinstall the origional chip and see if the usb functions but I hate to keep swapping processors. I have also thought of purchasing a chip from digikey or mouser to ensure that I have a first quality processor.

I have checked and rechecked both processors for shorted pins by both visual inspection under magnification and with a multimeter with fine tip probes.

I would appreciate any help you can give.
  • mwm
20 Apr 2017 15:26
Replied by mwm on topic Tiny Fish FC + Devo 7e Frsky Telemetry not working

Tiny Fish FC + Devo 7e Frsky Telemetry not working

I believe it should work. You'll need to install the u7e firmware, maybe a bootloader, and I sent know what else. Check the ultimate 7e threads in the forum. And bug them to put up a wiki page on the u7e :) .
  • compman2
16 Apr 2017 22:09 - 17 Apr 2017 16:08

I have tested for bridging of pins with multimeter and with fine needle like tips. There is no pin bridging.

What would keep the bootloader from turning on usb MODE? I noticed on the wiki that there is s pin to turn on usb mode. Is there a way to force this like tie the pin to ground?

Can you test the button matrix with a multimeter to see which if any button is pushed/on?

Is it possible to flash the dfu file to the chip with STLink utility?

Here is a much better photo

• compman2
16 Apr 2017 16:38 - 17 Apr 2017 16:06

This is driving me nuts I am so close. After mcu flash it powers on to the program update scene like it should but it is not recognized by sub driver and defuse.

I have checked and rechecked for shorts on the pins. I have tested continuity from pin to pad on all mcu pins. I have tested continuity on the usb cable to pins on the mcu.

I just updated the firmware on stink tool and reflashed the bootloader again after full chip erase. All went perfect. Did a compare of the file and mcu this verified.

Any ideas where to look. I did knock a capicator loose when removing mcu. I put it back with hot air rework tool. This capacitor was neat pins 60-64.

I have reflowed the pins on all four sides
twice no change.

I verified it isn't my computer by connecting my other U7e. It connects fine. I am about ready to try another mcu as I have a spare.

I am attaching photos and asking for any advice or suggestions. This replacement is so much cleaner than my first but doesn't working.

• compman2
10 Apr 2017 19:50

I just did an MCU replacement on my second Devo7e. It is installed and I was able to load the bootloader just fine. However I can't load Deviation as Defuse doesn't recognize the device.

When I power up the transmitter it immediately goes to the program update screen without any buttons being pressed. Is this normal before deviation is flashed or does it mean that I have a bridged pin somewhere in the button matrix? If there is a bridged pin could this be keeping the usb from being recognized or is that a seperate issue.

I have checked that the usb tx and rx lines are connected to the pins on the mcu. Are there other places to check?
  • nathaniel52441
05 Apr 2017 00:04
Replied by nathaniel52441 on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

Well I can't load the 12e DFU through the install/upgrade tab or the DFU tab, it just greys out all the options and the walkera utility bricks it so I'm pretty much stuck with a Devo 10 in a Devo12e body. Atleast until the 12e bootloader is available which may be never but I'll keep looking!
  • nathaniel52441
04 Apr 2017 21:46
Replied by nathaniel52441 on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

Possibly, I'll let you know more information tonight when I flash the 12e dfu. But as far as compatibility I can 100% confirm that the Devo 10 bootloader does work on the 12e.
  • HappyHarry
04 Apr 2017 21:42
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

ouch :/ perhaps a nice warning about tx compatability on the bootloader jump page to the google drive is in order?
  • FDR
04 Apr 2017 20:03
Replied by FDR on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

• HappyHarry
04 Apr 2017 20:02
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Re-flashing Devo 7e bootloader?

I don't think we have a copy of the 12e bootloader, why you need to flash it escapes me also?
  • nathaniel52441
04 Apr 2017 19:56
Replied by nathaniel52441 on topic devo 12e wont power on

devo 12e wont power on

Category: Feedback & Questions

Damn that's a lot of work just to pull a bootloader, hopefully he'll get bored and get a 12e to pull the bootloader from lol
  • FDR
04 Apr 2017 19:54 - 04 Apr 2017 19:55
Replied by FDR on topic devo 12e wont power on

devo 12e wont power on

It's not simple to extract the bootloader, because the built in flash is read protected.
You need a special fw, which copies the built in flash to the SPI flash from where you can "upload" that with the Walkera DfuSe as a library, then you need to extract it from that library DFU.
PhracturedBlue had written such a fw, and extracted the botloader from all the TX he had. (Yes he has that many... ;) )
  • nathaniel52441
04 Apr 2017 19:41 - 04 Apr 2017 19:43
Replied by nathaniel52441 on topic devo 12e wont power on

devo 12e wont power on

I'm gonna give it a try after work. I see that one person posted all the bootloaders, does he have any intention of getting the 12e bootloader or is he not active anymore?

Or is there any way I can pull it from my new radio? I would've tried before but it's read protected and I don't know how to get around that.
Displaying 101 - 120 out of 542 results.
Time to create page: 1.106 seconds