deviation-devo F12E

More
09 Nov 2016 11:01 - 09 Nov 2016 11:02 #55817 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic deviation-devo F12E
Is it possible to replace Devo F12E SPI Flash: UPCT25VF512A 64kB SPI NOR Flash with SPI Flash: SST25VF032B 4MB SPI NOR Flash ??? And then use/flash Devo F12E the same way as Devo10?
Last edit: 09 Nov 2016 11:02 by vlad_vy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2016 01:13 #56329 by Falaserio
Replied by Falaserio on topic deviation-devo F12E

ToddKC wrote: Can someone just explain to me how to get this thing to control a blade inductrix? This is way too confusing for me. I installed the nightly build, and set model1 to dsmx and got it to bind, but none of the controls do anything. And as far as using a premade template from someone else, I cannot figure out how to get them onto the f12e. The file manager in the deviation upload tool doesn't work, and neither does the buildfs and devo.fs thing mentioned earlier.

I'm perfectly happy making all my models from scratch, but I need to be shown how apparently. I messed with a lot of settings but cannot get the throttle stick to make the props spin. Also can't figure out how to save the model (it resets to default every time I power off and back on), or to have more than one model.

I know this is all free, but why is there so little info about using this thing? Are there only like 3 of us that own one? Sorry for the negativity but I am really frustrated with this. So far I wish I had just spent a lot more to get the tbs tango.

Hi Todd, I was able to add premade models only throug the file.fs method, it does work. On what version of the firmware are you? Did you try calibrating the f12e? I found that to solve sime problems... Also, maybe you need to arm the inductrix somehow, do a Google search on that

More
28 Nov 2016 02:22 #56330 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic deviation-devo F12E
To replace memory is not enough - you need to build a version of FW without devofs and with FAT.

More
03 Dec 2016 06:40 #56478 by victzh
But answering your real question - yes, it could be done. Even easier than Ultimate 7E mod - SOIC8 is quite large and 8 pins to solder are not 64 for MCU. As a part of my work on 4-in-1 module I implemented a driver for many kinds of flash, so you're not limited by SST25VF032B. I try to make the code to work on Devo F4, as soon as it's ready it should be usable on F12E as well.

More
20 Dec 2016 09:43 #57033 by Rust
Replied by Rust on topic deviation-devo F12E
Is the fpv receiver module working for you? I tried flashing several versions, but when I try to use the monitor for fpv feed, it freezes.

More
20 Dec 2016 19:50 #57062 by victzh
Yes, it happens for everyone - you're not alone.

I plan to check real command traffic and see what we're doing differently from Walkera - their firmware seems to have no problems.

More
20 Dec 2016 20:22 #57063 by ToddKC
Replied by ToddKC on topic deviation-devo F12E

Rust wrote: Is the fpv receiver module working for you? I tried flashing several versions, but when I try to use the monitor for fpv feed, it freezes.

I got mine to work eventually. So yes it is possible. Good luck!

More
21 Dec 2016 07:53 #57083 by Rust
It worked with this version:
deviation-devof12e-v4.0.1-ge9e0df.zip

More
21 Dec 2016 16:39 #57101 by victzh
Thanks, Rust. But can you check again? There can not be a version with 'g' in the hash, it's a hexadecimal number. If you typed it manually you can mistake something for a 'g'.

More
21 Dec 2016 16:42 #57103 by Rust
Just copy->pasted it from the file name. Got no idea where the mismatch has began, sorry :)

More
21 Dec 2016 16:44 #57105 by victzh
Maybe you have the date of this file?

More
11 Jul 2017 09:00 - 11 Jul 2017 15:58 #63401 by darthnugget
Replied by darthnugget on topic deviation-devo F12E
I loaded an F12e and my Mix switch seems to be wonky. (Yes that's a technical term). I thought at first it was the switch since I loaded the same firmware on another f12e without any problem. After replacing the switch it still doesn't do anything for switch position mix0 (up), position mix1 (center), but it does set Mix2 to 100 when it is switched position downward.

Looking at the cables from the back the orange (labeled mix 0 on the board) is on top, black in the middle (board labeled mix 1), brown (board labeled mix 2). Since position switch center Mix 1 is really the 3 position switch off position the switch should be leaving the other two mix cables open but it doesn't. It acts like Mix 0 and Mix 1 are the same always reading Mix 0 = 100, MIX 2 = -100, Mix 3 = -100 in the up and center Mix switch positions 0 and 1. However it registers for Mix 2 as 100 when it is activated down in Mix switch position 2. Also you should know that I swapped model functions with the Fmod 3 position switch on this same f12e and that one works correctly.

This happens on the Walkera firmware too with this unit. And my other f12e doesn't have this problem. My gut tells me somehow when in switch position 0 and switch position 1 those cables were somehow shorted together so they never change. Since MIX1 is really just open that means that MIX0 is grounded permanently somewhere. Also since the physical switch acts backwards (switch up connects brown and black) I think it is actually the brown cable labelled on the board as the "Mix 2" wire that is shorted. I traced it to the STM32 pin 7 physically using my ohm meter and it is connected to pin 7 which Phractured Blue mapped to GPIOC pin 13 which looks correct using this diagram posted by vlad (thank you Vlad!)

and it shows pin 7 on the physical chip is PC13 logically, so I think it is correct. Also the Orange wire MIX 0 goes to pin 80 on the STM chip which maps to GPIOC 12 so that is correctly connected as well.

So it must just be that the brown wire is shorted to ground some where on the other side of the board? Has anyone ever seen where this could be a problem with the STM micro controller not picking up the signal change when the switch is made? It does change voltage but maybe not enough?

I plan on removing the main board to look at the other side and look at the trace for the brown wire where it goes through the board. Does anyone have a high res picture of the other side of this board so I can see what I am looking for on a good unit?
Last edit: 11 Jul 2017 15:58 by darthnugget.

More
12 Jul 2017 21:21 - 12 Jul 2017 21:21 #63416 by darthnugget
Replied by darthnugget on topic deviation-devo F12E
One last request. Could someone check their resistance on their board between the brown and black cables that go to the MIX switch? That would be between points MIX 2 and MIX1 on the f12e board. I found some solder splatter on my board under the socket and I think that is what is connecting the two. I am reading 25ohms between those two and I dont think there should be any. I am going to order a new socket and see if I can replace it. These are small parts, I may need a smaller iron needle too.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2017 21:21 by darthnugget.

More
28 Nov 2018 14:42 #71922 by Flavio1993
Replied by Flavio1993 on topic deviation-devo F12E
Já tem alguma versão pronta e que funciona ?

More
28 Nov 2018 14:44 #71923 by Flavio1993

Flavio1993 wrote: Já tem alguma versão pronta e que funciona ?

Do you have any version for f12e running fully?

More
02 Dec 2018 16:25 #71952 by csujun
Replied by csujun on topic deviation-devo F12E
Please read the user manual for DEVO 7E/10/12E. Largely they are same for F12E www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10

More
03 Dec 2018 21:37 #71968 by Flavio1993
I did not find a version for the f12e should only for the f12 should I help?

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds