deviation-devo F12E

More
12 May 2015 09:51 #32437 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic deviation-devo F12E
it's look very well, with this OSD you have more possibility than F7. Walkera has a good radios but fail with the memory on the F series. I think that "F" series must be the top line on the radios, because has all of you need, but with this decision that walkera made (little memory) if you want a better experience, you must change the memory.
maybe you can do 2 type of gui, one for who has the stock memory and one with more memory, for F12E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2015 15:22 #32558 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic deviation-devo F12E
No, I think supporting one GUI will be more than enough work. Now that I have more experience with it, a full graphical GUI is probably beyond the capabilities of the TW8816 anyway. However, It will still be a lot more flexible than the devoF7.

Here is my test of the XY-Graph function:

It isn't possible to do arbitrary graphics anywhere on the screen, but there are 3 available movable 'windows' available which can hold graphics (the 4th window will be configured for full-display text). These windows require a lot of RAM to use, so I'm trying to keep them small, but We can probably do small bitmaps for the model icon, and things like the xy-graph. I think bar-graphs can be done using the standard text window (like djtrance is working on for the devof7).
Attachments:

More
14 May 2015 20:14 #32578 by djtrance
PB, even with this limitation is better than devoF7. In devof7 I can simulate some pixel with he center dot, but is far your test on F12E.

More
14 May 2015 20:30 #32579 by PhracturedBlue
Agreed, the F12E is really a much better transmitter than the F7. It even has a 16 color OSD. With a larger memory it would be even better, but I think we'll be able to manage with what it has. However I am still convinced that using the 'text' display for the 12E and the F7 is the best solution. I still have some more work to do, but I'll soon turn in the f12e changes which will let us share most of the code between transmitters. Of course the F7 doesn't have uploadable fonts, so it can't do the graphics, but we can conditionally turn those on with defines. Walkera also has a Devo F7DS which seems to have a digital screen and may use a better display chip so maybe we'll be able to put graphics on that some day.

More
14 May 2015 20:43 #32581 by djtrance
This is true, but I think that F7DS is only a test of a new product, because this tx has a lot of problem with the lags of the video (I see it on a test in youtube) maybe it's has a better screen but I'm not sure of the future of this tx. I haven't see any test of the range of this radio, I mean if the video transmitter on 2.4ghz has some effect on the tx controller range.
When I tested my radio with a video transmitter on 2.4 ghz, I saw that the range is maybe 1/4 of the normal range. (I didn't test it at full power).
I didn't say we must not support it, but I haven't good expectatives on this tx. Maybe I'm wrong :P.

More
17 May 2015 22:40 #32713 by PhracturedBlue
A bit more progress. Here's the trims and the image support:

Attachments:

More
21 May 2015 16:11 - 21 May 2015 16:11 #32831 by PhracturedBlue
Well, I added support for toggle icons now, so the GUI is basically fully functional. My next task will be getting video enabled. Once that is working, it should be ready for testing.

Even still, there is a quite a bit of work to do:
Enable the 'Standard' GUI
Add visual alarms on the main/telemetry pages
clean up some of the display pages
Determine the best way to overlay text over the video screen
Figure out how to let the user interact with the filesystem

But progress is good so far.
Last edit: 21 May 2015 16:11 by PhracturedBlue.

More
23 May 2015 01:52 #32883 by PhracturedBlue
I thought some folks might be interested in this (sorry for the terrible quality):

Deviation is basically fully functional on the 12E now. As I said above, this isn't the end of the line, but it should be very usable as it is now.

I added a new video page. it will allow you to assisgn a toggle to the video (to easily turn it on/off) as well as select the video channel.
Attachments:

More
23 May 2015 02:00 #32884 by djtrance
Good Job PB!!!

More
23 May 2015 04:15 #32886 by PhracturedBlue
I have now merged the F7 and F12E code into the trunk. Nightlies should include support for these transmitters now. However, it is still very experimental. Loading the filesystem is a bit tricky as well. I'l post instructions once I have written them.

More
23 May 2015 04:15 #32887 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic deviation-devo F12E
Excellent work as usual PB. Was not interested in buying a f12e until deviation could work with. Now to find a good deal on one and help you with the testing.

More
24 May 2015 08:26 #32910 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic deviation-devo F12E
Wow. Good job PB. Exciting news.

More
24 May 2015 10:36 #32911 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic deviation-devo F12E
Sadly, it seems that the FVP part is not 100 % compatible with Fatshark products, as the channels are slightly off...

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
24 May 2015 12:03 #32913 by dlminton
Replied by dlminton on topic deviation-devo F12E
That's great PB, Question, DFU will let me save what's on my F12E so I can set it back, right?

Never do today what you can put-off until everyone forgets about it. ;-)

More
24 May 2015 13:05 #32921 by PhracturedBlue

Sero wrote: Sadly, it seems that the FVP part is not 100 % compatible with Fatshark products, as the channels are slightly off...

I don't know what frequencies are actually supported, but there are 16 combinations, and Walkera's firmware only exposes 9. Deviation provides all 16. If there is some way to calibrate them (using a transmitter with variable but known frequencies) we could find out.

More
24 May 2015 13:12 - 24 May 2015 13:13 #32922 by PhracturedBlue

dlminton wrote: That's great PB, Question, DFU will let me save what's on my F12E so I can set it back, right?

you will need to know what firmware you have. I don't know if the 1.2 firmware is available, but the 1.3 and 1.5 firmwares are. You cannot save your firmware, so you need to find the firmware you want on Walkera's site or walkera-fans.de.
You can backup and restore your configuration and models though.

You will need to use the deviation-upload tool (instead of Walkera's tool) to upload firmware the the F12E. That tool will also allow you to backup your models. However, I haven't released the version you'll need yet. Probably sometime this weekend it'll be available.
Last edit: 24 May 2015 13:13 by PhracturedBlue.

More
24 May 2015 13:18 #32924 by dlminton
Replied by dlminton on topic deviation-devo F12E
Thanks PB

Never do today what you can put-off until everyone forgets about it. ;-)

More
24 May 2015 13:25 #32925 by Sero
Replied by Sero on topic deviation-devo F12E
The F12E actually has 32 channels, and the ones closest to Fatshark are 0.05 Ghz off.

A day without flying can't be called a day.

More
24 May 2015 14:37 #32931 by PhracturedBlue
Does it really? I traced the wires, and I can only find 4 wires => 16 channels. Maybe I was thinking about the F7 when I said it had only 9 channels. I'm sure I maxed out at 9 somewhere along the way. Has anyone verified if the upper 16 channels are just duplicates of the lower 16? The Receiver board only has 4 channel pins so I'm not sure how you could get the extra 16 channels with the way it is wired.

More
24 May 2015 20:28 #32944 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic deviation-devo F12E
WOW!!! I never checked in on this cause I didn't have any use for an F12E with stock FW, now that it's [partially] deviated I'm serously looking at getting one.

The previous plan was to get a Taranis or a Devo10 and small screen mounted to it (I have owned and do not like goggles) now I think I have to reevaluate my needs and serously look at the F12E. Thanks for all your work PB!!!

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds