deviation-devo F12E

More
18 Jun 2015 12:37 #34287 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic deviation-devo F12E
It is probably a bug in the uploader. I'll see what I can do about fixing it. There are brightness, contrast, sharpness and chroma adjiustment settings on the f12e. I don't know if they all affect the video or not. I'll play with them and if they do anything will add some options to the menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2015 15:59 #34306 by PhracturedBlue
I tested various options, and decided to enable Contrast and brightness. On the F12E these only affect video (there is also backlight brightness which affects the overall display). At the moment these are configured via the Transmitter configuration. It may be thatthey really should be model properties since they only affect the video. I may move them there in the future. But try out the contrast and brightness settings and see how they work for you. These will be available in tomorrow's nightly.

More
18 Jun 2015 16:33 #34308 by PhracturedBlue
FYI, until I fix the uploader, just turn off the the filesystem update, so only the firmware is updated.

More
19 Jun 2015 05:04 #34341 by PhracturedBlue
FYI, I moved the brightness and contrast settings to the Model Config->Video menu since they really need to be configured per model.

More
20 Jun 2015 11:04 #34395 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic deviation-devo F12E
Hi PB,
Both brightness and contrast work fine.
excellent, thanks.

More
20 Jun 2015 15:30 #34404 by repli
Replied by repli on topic deviation-devo F12E
Hello PB,

are the current nightly builds for Devo F12E mature enough for an intermediate level user like me, for everyday use? VRX 5.8GHz with telemetry overlay and LVC is working reliably? I'm waiting for my F12E to arrive out of customs' hands, then I'd love to flash Deviation on it first thing.

Have been thrilled with your FW mod for my Devo 10 so far - thank you very much!

More
20 Jun 2015 16:43 #34410 by PhracturedBlue
I have no idea what VRX or LVC are, but the F12E builds are reliable, and I'm not aware of any issues other than the lack of the standard GUI. That said, the number of users testing it is low. There really isn't much difference compared to the Devo10 though, so the code should be stable from a flying standpoint.

More
28 Jun 2015 16:32 #34791 by repli
Thanks for your reply, PB. VRX = Video Receiver, LVC = Low Voltage Cutoff. Was curious if anybody could tell that the video receiver portion works ok (including telemetry overlay), and that the LVC telemetry data is transmitted and displayed correctly to the F12E. This is my only crash saver when flying, except a LiPo buzzer...

More
29 Jun 2015 17:30 #34845 by repli
Hello PB,

just received my F12E and tried to upgrade to DeviationTX firmware. As reported by another user, the java uploader behaves junkily on my Win 8.1 x64 system: Empty screen, when moving around withmouse, some text descriptors and buttons are displayed erratically. When selecting firmware .zip as filename and pressing upgrade, upgrade button changes to 'cancel' but nothing happens. The USB installer finished with success message before I started the Java tool.

I was never able to check the format filesystem box, it was always greyed out. Any idea?

More
29 Jun 2015 17:42 #34847 by PhracturedBlue
I have a Windows 8.1 system to test with, and will do so, but it may be a few days.

More
30 Jun 2015 19:09 - 05 Jul 2015 17:48 #34918 by repli
sounds great, thanks. I reverted back to Devo stock firmware for now ;-((

To me it looks as if
- the Java x64 runtime is buggy in rendering under Win 8.1
- once there are many USB ports (including virtual ones: I have 1 for my bike computer, another 2 for telemetry interface with my quad / Mission Planner) the installer seems to get confused and not detect the correct USB port anymore

There might be an issue with the filesystem as well. After many trials w/o success, I FAT-formatted the FS, but then the RC caused me a freeze anytime I tried to switch it off/on or into USB mode. Had to flash stock Walkera firmware to fix that. Seems your tool does a genuine non-FAT filesystem format?

Happy July 4th!
Last edit: 05 Jul 2015 17:48 by repli.

More
15 Jul 2015 03:32 #35454 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic deviation-devo F12E
Hi PB,

I have new request about DEVO F12E F/W.
Could you plaese add. a new option on "VIDEO ENABLE" to forced ENABLE/ON , not controlled by any switch or channel value,
just keep it always be enabled?
Thank you very much!

More
26 Jul 2015 02:34 #36004 by Gunawan
Replied by Gunawan on topic deviation-devo F12E
is there any manual for deviation devo f12e ?
i really confuse how to assign channels input and output.

More
05 Aug 2015 05:54 #36570 by Block137
Replied by Block137 on topic deviation-devo F12E
What can Deviation do with CVBS port?
AFAIK it is used by goggle however there's no telemetry data there.
Can Deviation fix this? Or it is not controlled by CPU?

More
29 Oct 2015 01:46 #39334 by diy
Replied by diy on topic F12e now fully supported?

PhracturedBlue wrote: And yes, the F12E is supported now (though still experimental). I haven't implemented the Standard GUI yet, and lots of testing is needed, but it is working. Read above for instructions as installation is NOT like other Devo radios.

I will run a test on devo f12e and document iterations of video for this exciting development. l have windows vista 32, should i use:
Deviation Uploader 0.8.0 and latest Nightly build

More
15 Dec 2015 21:04 - 15 Dec 2015 21:06 #40964 by nusbr
Replied by nusbr on topic deviation-devo F12E
:( Have updated Software on my F12E with Deviation Uploader 0.8.0
Worked fine, but now have a problem with formatting USB Drive filesystem. There is only 32KB on it. I could not copy the filesystem from the Zip. File on it.

Can you help me please?

Thanks
Last edit: 15 Dec 2015 21:06 by nusbr.

More
17 Dec 2015 22:25 #41009 by nusbr
Replied by nusbr on topic deviation-devo F12E
Have questions about Deviation Uploader.
I can change Model configuration in zip file on my pc and upload to the transmitter.

How can i download configuration from F12E Transmitter to my computer?
How can i upload model icons?

thx for help

Bruno

More
06 Jan 2016 17:28 #41442 by Falaserio
Replied by Falaserio on topic deviation-devo F12E
The knobs are not working properly. Two only work after calibration and stop working after reset. The other two act as a switch, only jump from 100 to -100 when turned down. Further it looks like everything else is working correctly. All four work with original Walkera firmware, so the problem is not my F12E.

Anyone ideas on how to fix this?

More
06 Jan 2016 18:34 #41443 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic deviation-devo F12E
Are you sure that you calibrated it properly, i.e. centered all the knobs and sticks before calibration, and moved them all to the minimum and maximum values while calibrating?

More
07 Jan 2016 14:00 #41474 by gongye
Replied by gongye on topic deviation-devo F12E
my F12E is the same problem!

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds