deviation-devo F12E

More
11 Jan 2016 16:59 #41635 by Falaserio
Replied by Falaserio on topic deviation-devo F12E
Hi FDR, thanks for responding.
Yes, I tried the calibration many times. Every time I power on none of the knobs work (seems calibration values are not being stored during power off)
So every time I turn the F12E on I have to do the calibration again. And after calibration two knobs work correctly and to act a switches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2016 03:52 #41654 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic deviation-devo F12E
Try reformatting the USB drive that the transmitter presents if you haven't already. The F series transmitters use a different file system than the older ones, and it's known to be a bit wonky yet.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Jan 2016 06:09 - 19 Jan 2016 06:35 #41935 by Gyrfalcon
Replied by Gyrfalcon on topic deviation-devo F12E

Falaserio wrote: The knobs are not working properly. Two only work after calibration and stop working after reset. The other two act as a switch, only jump from 100 to -100 when turned down. Further it looks like everything else is working correctly. All four work with original Walkera firmware, so the problem is not my F12E.

Anyone ideas on how to fix this?

This issue is fixed with pull request #103: F12E_AUX4567_fixes - once it is approved and incorporated into the latest nightly builds.

I have been using this code with my F12E since last November and it has been working very well. You only need to calibrate once and then all knobs will work as described in the original F12E manual.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 06:35 by Gyrfalcon.

More
19 Jan 2016 06:58 #41936 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic deviation-devo F12E
There is a fresh nightly (2016-01-16), you can try if it will fix that...

More
19 Jan 2016 13:41 - 19 Jan 2016 13:42 #41943 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic deviation-devo F12E
Just merged the fix. Thank you Gyrfalcon. Should appear in the nightly build tomorrow.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2016 13:42 by hexfet.

More
22 Jan 2016 04:48 #42050 by Gyrfalcon
I just loaded the latest nightly from 1/20/2016 onto my Devo F12E and can confirm that all control knobs are now working as expected.

Thank you Hexfet and Mike!

Please note that the Devo F12E code is still 'experimental' as quoted from PB, but it is usable. I still see some display corruption and the Devo file system (devofs), as well as the DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar installer are a bit unstable.

The biggest warning to everyone is to never use the Deviation USB mode. It can corrupt and/or erase the devofs file system memory.

As time permits, I can work on some of these issues, but I have not found the source code for the java installer. Hopefully PB will be back soon and further this development.

A huge thank you to Phactured Blue for all his efforts to make Deviation available to the Devo F12E!

More
22 Jan 2016 06:34 #42053 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic deviation-devo F12E
Is bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation-upload not the sources to the uploaded?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
22 Jan 2016 08:23 #42055 by Gyrfalcon
Thanks, I will start reviewing it soon.

More
23 Jan 2016 08:51 #42107 by jejehtc
Replied by jejehtc on topic deviation-devo F12E
Hello,

I want to know if my F12E I just bought will be compatible after the flash the latest version with my blade that has a chroma spectrum receiver and radio spectrum because it DX4, unwanted DSM2 protocol and the DSMX

and above all I will be forced to change the receiver in my drone?

Sorry for this issue is but I'm novise in this area.

More
28 Jan 2016 11:48 #42310 by Falaserio
Thanks to Gyrfalcon, hexfet, FDR and mwm!
I have had no time to test the fixes but I'm sure it will work for me as it did for you! Will report after flashing the last nightly and testing.
The F12E is a great radio, and with full functioning deviation it's twice as nice! :)

More
29 Jan 2016 01:40 #42351 by weldmonkey
Replied by weldmonkey on topic deviation-devo F12E
I have been having nothing but issues trying to install the latest nightly or any build.

I can install the firmware to the F12E

I have done this with the Walkera installer and the 0.80 installer on this site.

Everytime I got to format the drive that pops up it only gives me 36kb,

I tried this with Windows 8. and I got a 36kb drive that Windows used 8kb on indexing...so 28kb max left to load.

If I format it on my Windows 7 PC it gives me the full 36kb but still not large enough to install the files.

Is this what its suppose to format at is 36b??

More
29 Jan 2016 05:39 #42355 by gongye
Replied by gongye on topic deviation-devo F12E
Brush the latest version, I said on the side of the potentiometer problem has been completely resolved! thank

More
01 Feb 2016 13:45 - 01 Feb 2016 14:47 #42488 by Falaserio
Finally had some time to flash the latest nightly (27/01/16) and the issues are fixed!
Everything works correctly!
Last edit: 01 Feb 2016 14:47 by Falaserio.

More
02 Feb 2016 13:56 #42513 by Dfdrone
Replied by Dfdrone on topic deviation-devo F12E
I had the same problem following the old instruction on Youtube using the Walkera tool. I got this working last night using the Deviation Java Uploader. You must select the file from the nightly build and select format. This process will automatically create the directory and upload the required files. I am still learning Deviation with the F12E but this is a great combination with Lemon DSM2 receiver! Thanks for the great work everyone is doing on this effort!

More
23 Feb 2016 12:12 #43503 by RudyMeister
Replied by RudyMeister on topic deviation-devo F12E
Hi all, I am new to this forum en sniffed a little bit around lately. I have a DEVO F12E and a Scout X4 which offer me a lot of flying fun, but I want more B) Especially I'm thinkin' on buying a nice 250 size heli to get that part of the hobby under control. The thing is that not many people are using the F12E so I searched a lot but ain't already comfortable for stepping over to Deviation and proceed testing (it it really safe?), so maybe you guys can push me over that line ;)

Before I jump into flashing my DEVO F12E to control DSMX receivers for RC heli's, I was wondering what the best way is to preserve the current settings for flying my Scout X4, and of course get them correctly back in to de TX. Should I just write them on a paper and add them to the Deviation software after flashing?

Other people flying Scout's at the moment with Deviation on their TX?

More
27 Feb 2016 03:45 #43747 by darthnugget
Replied by darthnugget on topic deviation-devo F12E
I put this together to help other new people, like myself out.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5471-ho...with-deviation#43744

More
03 Mar 2016 08:07 - 05 Mar 2016 20:58 #44012 by Gyrfalcon
New DevoF12E Test Release

I have been using a Devo12S to fly heli’s for some time now with Deviation and enjoy it very much. I picked up a Devo F12E for it’s video capabilities, but as everyone knows the Deviation firmware has been in development and stalled for some time now. After fixing the Aux control knobs on the F12E a while back, I thought it would be a good challenge to continue the code development that Phractured Blue started.

At this time I have a release that is ready and has been working very well on my F12E. Some of the updates are outlined below and you can see many of the improvements in the emulator. To create this new version, I replaced the SPI Flash memory and cannot run the code using the devoFS mode now. I could change the memory back or buy another F12E, but I thought some of you may be will to try loading this version and checking it out. It should load the same as any of the nightly releases and you will have a pre-release of the code I will check in. See Darthnugget’s write-up in the tutorial section on how to load the DevoF12E, he beat me to it – thanks!

Once I get confirmation that this version loads and works fine on a stock DevoF12E, I will load it up on bitbucket and once approved it will be included in the nighties.

Hope everyone enjoys this new version, it’s not done and I have several more ideas to play with, when time allows.

DevoF12E Updates and Improvements

1.Re-architected the OSD window design.
a. Uses all four OSD windows
i. Dialogs
ii. Sensor View
iii. XY Graph
iv. Normal display text

b. Note dialogs have the highest priority and display at top level this helps prevents display corruption.

c. Added colored boarders and text
i. Dialogs – Yellow boarder and Yellow text
ii. Sensor View – Green boarder, Green or White text.
iii. XY Graph – Cyan pixel based graphics and text
iv. Normal Text – Blue boarder, White text.
v. All backgrounds are Blue and change to Black when in Video is enabled, with no video.

2. Added new function “OSD Enable” to Video Setup
a.“Off”: When in video mode – only the video is displayed.
b. “Normal View”: When in video mode, the normal transmitter Main Page is overlaid on top of the video. This is the previous behavior
c. “Sensor View”: When in video mode, the Sensor View display is overlaid on top of the video in green text.
d. “Sensor View2”: The same as Sensor View, but with white text.
e. Main Page is configured as normal in Model Main Page Configuration
f. Sensor View is also configured in the Model Main Page Configuration with SV-Box and SV-Toggle elements.
g. The default layout is updated with a basic Sensor View template.
h. Note that Dialogs and Menus have priority and will always be displayed when selected or needed.

3. Added function “Dimmer Time” to Video Setup
a. “Off”: Over-rides the Transmitter Config, Dimmer Timer setting to keep the display always on when in video mode.
b. “On”: The Dimmer Timer value remains as set in the Transmitter Config page when video is enable.
c. Note this has no effect when video mode is off. As before, if you want the display to always be on, set Dimmer Time in the Transmitter Config page to be “Off”.

4. New Splash screen – with graphics.

5. New Binding Dialog with a graphical status indicator

6. Updated most page formats and/or layouts to improve the look and prevent text over writes and other display corruption.

7. Enhanced the telemetry code to include Devo GPS Telemetry (Altitude, Speed, Heading, SatCount) to be used for alarms and displayed in box elements for the Main Page and/or Sensor View. (I have an RX705 on a QR350 Pro and so far only the Altitude works, needs more testing)

8. Added new sounds to distinguish which alarm is playing. Alarm 1 is the normal sound, 2 and 3 have additional beeps. Alarm 4, 5,and 6 are similar to the the first three, but at lower frequency to help indicate that a page jump occurs as well.

9. Removed the USB code for the DevoFS file system as it causes it to erase the memory.

10. Added messages to all USB pages to indicate that the USB modes do not work and to use Deviation Upload.

Note: This is a new update, sorry the version number is the same
Changes
1. removed two extra files that may have overloaded the DevoFS file system causing it to crash
2. change the default OSD view to be "Normal View" instead of "Off"

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...4234.zip
File Size:316 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Mar 2016 20:58 by Gyrfalcon.

More
03 Mar 2016 08:11 #44013 by Gyrfalcon
Sorry, It look's like the emulator is to big to attach. Perhaps we can put it in the test build section. Can some one tell me how, or put it there for me? Thanks.

More
03 Mar 2016 09:00 #44018 by YARIMbe
Replied by YARIMbe on topic deviation-devo F12E
Is there any chance that you will do the same on the devo F7?

More
03 Mar 2016 09:19 #44019 by Gyrfalcon
Not in the near future. I'm focussing on the F12E for now.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds