Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
15 Sep 2017 22:28 - 15 Sep 2017 22:28 #64435 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New TX from Banggood
Yes, all 4 switches are 3 positions.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2017 22:28 by goebish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2017 05:55 #64436 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic New TX from Banggood
Dear Banggod,

A little input from me, if I may...

I am a Deviation/Devo10 user since 2013. It has 2 modules installed. This is my first transmitter and my complete fleet (15 planes, big ones and 5 t-rex helis) are bound to that Tx.
I am completely satisfied with this, never had a signal loss and I could program whatever I wanted so far (sometimes with some help, thanks again Deviation guys :))

Also, I am a frequent BG customer with 300+ orders.

Now, My son is 10 and I am looking for a transmitter fitting his smaller hands and having a cheap price tag. Now that I found this Jumper Tx with Deviation, I could not be happier.

So my input is:
- It should be great as it is, just add quality gimbals. Hall effect is nice, but standard, bearing assisted, like in the Walkera units, are quite OK too.
- Oled, colour, touch... yes, nice. The current b/w display is fine too, as said before, Devo 7e and 10 are the highest sellers.
- USB should be out, saving data, etc... is normal with Deviation.
- Keep the price down. This will be a hit if the price is low.
- Hall effect, colour: make a second version with higher price tag, that will sell too, but that should have EVERYTHING
- current Banggood stock (if you have any): sell it at a low price <50USD, Deviation community likes hardware hacking and fixing, it will be sold.
- keep all info posted here, I will be one of the first customers with the updated gimbals :)

Regards,
bm

More
16 Sep 2017 08:18 #64437 by ltwvince
Replied by ltwvince on topic New TX from Banggood

billmester wrote: Dear Banggod,

A little input from me, if I may...

I am a Deviation/Devo10 user since 2013. It has 2 modules installed. This is my first transmitter and my complete fleet (15 planes, big ones and 5 t-rex helis) are bound to that Tx.
I am completely satisfied with this, never had a signal loss and I could program whatever I wanted so far (sometimes with some help, thanks again Deviation guys :))

Also, I am a frequent BG customer with 300+ orders.

Now, My son is 10 and I am looking for a transmitter fitting his smaller hands and having a cheap price tag. Now that I found this Jumper Tx with Deviation, I could not be happier.

So my input is:
- It should be great as it is, just add quality gimbals. Hall effect is nice, but standard, bearing assisted, like in the Walkera units, are quite OK too.
- Oled, colour, touch... yes, nice. The current b/w display is fine too, as said before, Devo 7e and 10 are the highest sellers.
- USB should be out, saving data, etc... is normal with Deviation.
- Keep the price down. This will be a hit if the price is low.
- Hall effect, colour: make a second version with higher price tag, that will sell too, but that should have EVERYTHING
- current Banggood stock (if you have any): sell it at a low price <50USD, Deviation community likes hardware hacking and fixing, it will be sold.
- keep all info posted here, I will be one of the first customers with the updated gimbals :)

Regards,
bm

4-in-1 module alone cost more than $30. Would you able to make such a cheap below $50 mark TX without compromised much more quality?

If they would fix the gimbal and maintain the same price or slightly more, this would already be the perfect compact TX.

More
16 Sep 2017 08:51 #64438 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New TX from Banggood
Yes and really make it charge via usb 5V, preferred 18650 but a lipo could be ok too.
Any device is being charged by 5V usb nowadays and all chips run 3V3.........

More
16 Sep 2017 16:04 #64442 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic New TX from Banggood
Misunderstood me mate, I was talking about the current stock - with the current gimbals, the Tx version 1.0 items.
It will sell quick if there are any left, just lower the price. People here are ready to go dirty hands on transmitters :)
If price tag can stay like this with better gimbal, it is a winner.

More
16 Sep 2017 22:23 #64444 by horrigan
Replied by horrigan on topic New TX from Banggood

More
16 Sep 2017 22:25 #64445 by horrigan
Replied by horrigan on topic New TX from Banggood
more reviewers have their hands on the first issued ones

More
18 Sep 2017 11:54 #64476 by min54522
Replied by min54522 on topic New TX from Banggood
Does the T8SG have an AA battery case?

I have not received a T8SG AA battery case a few days ago? I asked Geek Baiing to tell me to send you a photo.

More
19 Sep 2017 00:02 #64487 by Xen
Replied by Xen on topic New TX from Banggood
Hi guys, I'm new to the deviation forum. Just got my t8sg last week but it came with some problems. The screen fell off and scratched the screen cover. After fixing the screen, I power the tx with a walkera 2200mah (battery fits perfectly in the battery bay), i get a huge USB logo. Bumping around the forum, I've found guides and files to restore the tx to working conditions. Just one question, in the hardware.ini file, am I suppose to uncomment multimod or leave it as it is? Many thanks!

More
19 Sep 2017 05:42 #64499 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

min54522 wrote: Does the T8SG have an AA battery case?

I have not received a T8SG AA battery case a few days ago? I asked Geek Baiing to tell me to send you a photo.

There is no AA battery case for T8SG, it's designed to use 2S 7.4V lipo battery.

More
19 Sep 2017 05:44 #64500 by dc59

Xen wrote: Just one question, in the hardware.ini file, am I suppose to uncomment multimod or leave it as it is? Many thanks!

Just leave it as it is.

; there is no need to enable the cyrf6936 module unless
; it is wired to an alternate port. It is Enabled automatically otherwise
enable-cyrf6936 = B12
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
enable-a7105 = A13
has_pa-a7105 = 1
enable-cc2500 = A14
has_pa-cc2500 = 1
enable-nrf24l01 = A15
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A13

More
19 Sep 2017 08:17 - 19 Sep 2017 09:57 #64501 by dc59
All T8SG sample TXs have been delivered today, and developers please check your PM for tracking number, thank you very much.:cheer:

EDIT:
ps. They forgot to put receiver in package :(
They do have send you a 8CH S-FHSS RX in package, but they got problem , please check this post .
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Sep 2017 09:57 by dc59.

More
19 Sep 2017 08:25 #64502 by dc59
Different cover style!

More
19 Sep 2017 09:07 #64504 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New TX from Banggood
Are these sample the same as Banggood stock ? or they already performed some little modifications ?

More
19 Sep 2017 09:48 #64506 by dc59

SeByDocKy wrote: Are these sample the same as Banggood stock ? or they already performed some little modifications ?

Hi SeBy,

The difference between Jumper's TX and Banggood's is PCB layout , they have changed USB port design , user can connect USB just open battery door!

Attachments:

More
19 Sep 2017 09:55 #64508 by dc59
Hi ,
Jumper's 8CH Futaba compatible RX, it has only one SBUS port , the problem is that they can use only 4CH when it bind to Jumper TX, but it can use all 8CH when it binds to Futaba 14SG TX , please help to check it out!

Attachments:

More
19 Sep 2017 10:36 - 22 Sep 2017 05:10 #64509 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
Just for testing, T8SG build with usual for Deviation RUD and AIL stick direction.

channels.c
if (channel == INP_THROTTLE || channel == INP_AILERON)
        value = -value;
    return value;

File deleted... see at "Builds" forum section.
Last edit: 22 Sep 2017 05:10 by vlad_vy.

More
19 Sep 2017 11:38 #64510 by Xen
Replied by Xen on topic New TX from Banggood
[/quote]

Just leave it as it is.

; there is no need to enable the cyrf6936 module unless
; it is wired to an alternate port. It is Enabled automatically otherwise
enable-cyrf6936 = B12
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 1
enable-a7105 = A13
has_pa-a7105 = 1
enable-cc2500 = A14
has_pa-cc2500 = 1
enable-nrf24l01 = A15
has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A13[/quote]

Thanks dude!

More
19 Sep 2017 12:58 #64511 by dc59

vlad_vy wrote: Just for testing, T8SG build with usual for Deviation RUD and AIL stick direction.

channels.c

if (channel == INP_THROTTLE || channel == INP_AILERON)
        value = -value;
    return value;

Thanks vlad_vy!
I tried this build , it works fine , I don't need to exchange wire of AIL&RUD now! :cheer:

More
19 Sep 2017 15:21 #64514 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood

Moeder wrote: Ok, this won't work. Both display drivers only allow write access when connected via SPI...We have to find something else for this to work.

Querying the memory chip seems a possibility, as probably a devo7e-256 won't change his flash memory. Or we stick with the simplest option and define display inversion in hardware.ini, as this file has to be custom for the tx anyways, as it needs to be modified from it's default values to define switch setup and 4-in-1 connections.

Moeder wrote: I was scanning through the data sheets for both UC1705 and NT7538 and noticed, that the behavior of the status register "enable" (or ON/OFF) when read out seems inverted between the two drivers. This could be used to differentiate between the two displays.

We can't use "hardware.ini" since LCD initialized and can be used ("USB logo") before reading "hardware.ini".

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds