Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
24 Sep 2017 16:57 #64626 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood

SeByDocKy wrote: Sorry ... if it's already written in previous posts.... but now can we directly flash the U7E nightly buiild for the Jumper ? No hardware.ini modification ?

You probably want to use one of Vlad's builds. Otherwsie the screen will be upside down. Also one of the sticks would be reversed, and Vlad fixed that too. Not sure about other things

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2017 17:13 #64627 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New TX from Banggood

PhracturedBlue wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote: Sorry ... if it's already written in previous posts.... but now can we directly flash the U7E nightly buiild for the Jumper ? No hardware.ini modification ?

You probably want to use one of Vlad's builds. Otherwsie the screen will be upside down. Also one of the sticks would be reversed, and Vlad fixed that too. Not sure about other things

Ha ok :) I believed it was already officially integrated into the NB... :) Thanks PB

More
24 Sep 2017 19:21 #64630 by Gerald
Replied by Gerald on topic New TX from Banggood
It has a lot of latency with the Flysky protocol in PPM. On an Eachine E010S it is incontrolable. Do you think this is a problem of parametrage, a software problem or a hardware problem? Thank you.

More
24 Sep 2017 19:34 #64631 by dronero
Replied by dronero on topic New TX from Banggood
Hello, I am also waiting for this radio, I buy it in gearbest and I do not know what version they will send. I am waiting for a link to flase the latest version of Deviation available for this radio.
Follow this post, very interesting.

More
25 Sep 2017 03:10 - 25 Sep 2017 03:12 #64637 by ridgerunner
Replied by ridgerunner on topic Failed (stuck in USB mode) T8SG repaired!
Well, I decided to go ahead and open her up (after studying up on the 7e firmware upgrade process - the Wiki here and YouTube were very helpful).

Yes the filesystem was indeed corrupted.

Downloaded the latest .dfu firmware and filesystem files and reflashed deviation-t8sg-v5.x.x-2017-09-19.dfu using the DevoDfuSe.exe devention upgrade tool. (Using EXT+PowerOn boot).
Reformatted the flash drive and copied over all the file tree (Using ENT+PowerOn boot).

IT LIVES!

Thanks for the helpful suggestions - my L'il Jumper is back in business!
Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 03:12 by ridgerunner.

More
25 Sep 2017 03:14 #64638 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

PhracturedBlue wrote:
The problem with not shutting down was also common on the Devo radios. Maybe Jumper copied Walkera's power circuit (which I never really liked).

Hi PB,
Do you have any idea about power circuit improvement? maybe we can ask Jumper to change it !! :)

More
25 Sep 2017 04:17 - 25 Sep 2017 04:18 #64639 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote:
The problem with not shutting down was also common on the Devo radios. Maybe Jumper copied Walkera's power circuit (which I never really liked).

Hi PB,
Do you have any idea about power circuit improvement? maybe we can ask Jumper to change it !! :)

I probably need to look at it to see what is there.
The key to the circuitry is that the switch needs o power on the Tx, but should only act as an indicator to allow the MCU to power it off. with deviation this isn't strictly needed, since we manage the filesystem writing pretty well, but it still adds a layer of protection from filesystem corruption.

On the Walkera Tx (as I recall...I would have to go dig up the schematic to be sure), the switch is connected to a capacitor which powers on the Tx and then latches the power circuitry on. When the switch is turned off, this does not disengage the latch, but does trigger an I/O event on the MCU which does a proper shutdown procedure before disengaging the latch and powering off the transmitter. Despite what I said previously, it is pretty elegant, but it is also quite complicated, and can lead to failures (though the most common one is just the crappy switch Walkera used..that would probably be an issue regardless of method used).

Once I have my hands on the Tx, I'll take a look at the design and see what they have done. We could ask if they're willing to provide a schematic, that would be a be a good sign of faith, and make things a lot easier. But just to be clear, I'm not willing to sign an NDA for it....If needed I'll just trace out what I need by hand.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 04:18 by PhracturedBlue.

More
25 Sep 2017 04:41 - 25 Sep 2017 04:48 #64640 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
Devo 7e power circuit:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...oard?start=100#63244 :

Devo 8s power circuit:
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 04:48 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Sep 2017 11:26 - 25 Sep 2017 11:27 #64650 by vlad_vy

ltwvince wrote:

Moeder wrote: Taking a quick look at the bottom of the PCB it seems clear why it won't run with less than 6V supply: They used a 78M05 linear regulator which has 2 V dropout voltage and run an AMS1117 of the 5V line which needs 1 V differential voltage to supply the 3.3 V line. So depending on the load we'll need a supply voltage of 6.0 to 6.3 V.

Simply replacing the 78M05 with a LDO type (typically 0.2 to 0.5 V dropout) in the same package should probably make it run off 4 x AA.

dc59 wrote:
Any idea for the specific regulator we can get for this replacement? I would love to use 4x AA instead of lipo for TX as I have bunch of Eneloop which I generally use for all my TXs.

I think that at any case we can't use 4xAA batteries with 95*30*16mm battery box. 4xAA battery holder has size: 106x26x17mm.

Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 11:27 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Sep 2017 12:38 #64651 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New TX from Banggood
On the Pololu metioned above, step up/down switcher 3v3 1A, it is has an enable/shutdown pin. Basically the regulator can always stay connected to the battery, very low current sleep mode. SHDN pin could be controlled from MCU, or an RC network (delay), at power off the shdn pin can be kept low for some seconds.
It could replace all circuitry....?

More
25 Sep 2017 12:53 #64652 by kiki1
Replied by kiki1 on topic New TX from Banggood
I have tried with the battery box of my devo 7e and it goes very well in the jumper, even better than in the 7e

More
25 Sep 2017 12:58 - 25 Sep 2017 13:00 #64653 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic New TX from Banggood
That is good to hear. Then I guess a simple replacement of the 78M05 with an ultra-LDO type as suggested above should be the easiest solution to run of AA's. In that case the power wasted by the Vregs wouldn't be too bad.

edit: at least not that bad to justify modifying the whole power circuit in an existing TX. Suggesting something for the T8SG Mark II is a whole different game again ;)
Last edit: 25 Sep 2017 13:00 by Moeder.

More
26 Sep 2017 01:01 #64669 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: Once I have my hands on the Tx, I'll take a look at the design and see what they have done. We could ask if they're willing to provide a schematic, that would be a be a good sign of faith, and make things a lot easier. But just to be clear, I'm not willing to sign an NDA for it....If needed I'll just trace out what I need by hand.

Jumper confirmed that T8SG use same power circuit design as Devo7E.

More
26 Sep 2017 23:19 #64681 by kmewes
Replied by kmewes on topic New TX from Banggood
Looks like there might be room for a 90 deg. USB adapter (see pic) in the initial model. Could that work to extend USB access just enough into the battery compartment?
Attachments:

More
27 Sep 2017 03:53 - 27 Sep 2017 04:00 #64683 by vlad_vy
It's not a good idea, you can damage USB port with rigid adapter. Will be better to use 90 deg. miniUSB extension adapter with short cable. Moreover, it can be glued to back cover or glued into hole in back cover.

Last edit: 27 Sep 2017 04:00 by vlad_vy.

More
27 Sep 2017 04:45 #64684 by dc59
T8SG Hall sensor gimbal with bearing ,it's a prototype!
Attachments:

More
27 Sep 2017 04:58 - 27 Sep 2017 05:04 #64685 by vlad_vy
Looks nice. What about linearity, output voltage from angle? Also, I do not see any mechanical adjustments, such as tension, braking, centering.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2017 05:04 by vlad_vy.

More
27 Sep 2017 05:07 #64686 by dc59

vlad_vy wrote: Looks nice. What about linearity, output voltage from angle?

I just got those 'pictures', I have no detail data yet!
Jumper will send that hall sensor gimbals to Deviation developers as T8SG sample list, but it still need some more time to finish final test.

More
27 Sep 2017 05:31 #64687 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New TX from Banggood
I Flashed the Vlad_yy's buid without any problem .... but seems the vibrations/buzzer is no more here by default, at least at boot. Do I need to change the hardware.ini to activate it ?

More
27 Sep 2017 05:40 - 27 Sep 2017 08:11 #64688 by vlad_vy
I provided the exact analog of Jumper version "hardware.ini".

At Transmitter config Vibration is "OFF" by default.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2017 08:11 by vlad_vy.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds