Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
27 Sep 2017 10:12 #64689 by yets
Replied by yets on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: T8SG Hall sensor gimbal with bearing ,it's a

prototype!

I implore that you guys who have direct contact with the manufacturers to discuss the possibility of hall sensors for the Devo series. I'm sure a lot of current users will not want to move over to the Jumper and would love the possibility to upgrade their gimbals. There's money to be made....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2017 11:11 #64690 by Twilight_Sun
Replied by Twilight_Sun on topic New TX from Banggood

yets wrote: I implore that you guys who have direct contact with the manufacturers to discuss the possibility of hall sensors for the Devo series. I'm sure a lot of current users will not want to move over to the Jumper and would love the possibility to upgrade their gimbals. There's money to be made....

I would buy a pair of good quality hall sensors gimbals for my devo10. And as there are no spare gimbals for devo tx i think many people would.

More
27 Sep 2017 16:21 #64694 by robocog
Replied by robocog on topic New TX from Banggood
If they did some after market (compatible with Deviation) gimbals for the 7e and 10 I would more than likely buy a set for both
Hall effect with silky bearings would just be a bonus

More
27 Sep 2017 16:47 #64695 by billmester
Replied by billmester on topic New TX from Banggood
I would buy a dozen...

More
27 Sep 2017 19:39 #64696 by yets
There is clear appetite for it and it won't really eat into the market of new beginner owners getting into Deviation. I don't know who from the Deviation developers can do this but please talk to the Jumper developers, at least so there's an option for after market Gimbals.

Thanks

More
27 Sep 2017 23:44 #64699 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood
It's not easy to convince Jumper to develop Walkera's gimbals , but I will try to do it.

More
28 Sep 2017 01:54 - 28 Sep 2017 01:59 #64702 by yets

dc59 wrote: It's not easy to convince Jumper to develop Walkera's gimbals , but I will try to do it.

Thank you for trying. They're half way there though, with the hall gimbals for the Jumper, and there's potential extra revenue for them, as we know that's the focus :) There is no replacement gimbals for Devo meaning that people are likely move on to other TXs which have better after care than Walkera, if there's an option for upgraded gimbals for people's trusty TXs, I'm sure they'd take it. Look at the popularity of the Taranis hall sensors. I'm hoping....
Last edit: 28 Sep 2017 01:59 by yets.

More
28 Sep 2017 04:25 - 28 Sep 2017 04:26 #64704 by ridgerunner
Replied by ridgerunner on topic New TX from Banggood
Hey dc59 - regarding the gimbals - would you please ask them to make the throttle gimbal so that it can be setup with spring centering. (I fly planks and helis with a sprung collective/throttle stick.)

The gen 1 Jumper T8SG I received this week cannot be setup with a spring loaded throttle. (It is missing the spring and rocker arm) :(
Last edit: 28 Sep 2017 04:26 by ridgerunner.

More
28 Sep 2017 05:07 - 28 Sep 2017 05:10 #64705 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: I provided the exact analog of Jumper version "hardware.ini".

At Transmitter config Vibration is "OFF" by default.

My little video about the Jumper T8SG....

Thanks guys for the fantastic job you'are doing ....
Last edit: 28 Sep 2017 05:10 by SeByDocKy.

More
28 Sep 2017 08:22 - 28 Sep 2017 08:23 #64707 by ltwvince
Replied by ltwvince on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: I think that at any case we can't use 4xAA batteries with 95*30*16mm battery box. 4xAA battery holder has size: 106x26x17mm.

I've tested with two different size 4x AA holder and both can fit into the Jumper battery box perfectly. I will post some pictures soon.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2017 08:23 by ltwvince.

More
28 Sep 2017 08:25 - 28 Sep 2017 08:26 #64708 by ltwvince
Replied by ltwvince on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: It's not easy to convince Jumper to develop Walkera's gimbals , but I will try to do it.

I'm one of them who wanted a good replacement gimbals for both my Devo 7E and 12E. Please tell Jumper there are a big potential market for Devo replacement gimbal and ask them to provide a longer sticks too.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2017 08:26 by ltwvince.

More
28 Sep 2017 09:36 #64709 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood
While I like the idea of new finals for my 10 and 6s, wouldn't it be better for the community if they stayed focussed on new TXS that run deviation native?

I believe the 10 is the next most popular, so a full sized transmitter that fine on 4 AA size nimh batteries, with 4 3-way switches and 2 2-way switches, one momentary. Move the knobs to where they are on the T8SG, and add a pair of linear analog controls & trims on the side or back. That's the feature set I'd like on my full size Tx.

Hall effect gimbals and the hardware for voice?

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Sep 2017 11:44 - 28 Sep 2017 11:46 #64716 by yets
I see what you're saying mwm, but I'm sure there are a few in this community that may not want to move over to the Jumper. I've spent more on my Devo 7e than what it would cost me to purchase a 10 because I like the small form factor. I've also enjoyed the customisation and I've spent hours with it. Personally, I don't think it harms the community by continuing to support its base users, and I know that I'd want to spend money on a gimbal upgrade rather than buying a whole new tx.

But hey, you know the community. I'm just a small voice hoping that with the excitement of this new product that users like myself aren't excluded from the community and forgotten because they are happy with their existing TXs.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2017 11:46 by yets.

More
28 Sep 2017 18:30 #64722 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood
I've just got my registered Jumper: it has my name on it! :)
It has also the newly placed USB connector, but it is not too easy to connect the plug into it...

More
28 Sep 2017 22:04 #64728 by mwm
I think I wasn't clear enough. I am in no way suggesting that the deviation community change what it supports. I'm saying that it might be better for us if Jumper worked on improved TXS for deviation rather than mods for walkera transmitters. Making it easier and cheaper to get into the community will grow the community faster, making it more likely we can attract someone who who thinks a 3d printed holder for a hall effect gimbals would be fun. Yeah, people holding on to walkera hardware won't be able to upgrade them as far, but on the flip side, when you finally spring for an upgrade, you'll have better choices.

From what I've seen, they may be working on a 6s next, as that is basically the T8SG with a color touch screen. Since it's the only one walkera seems to have stopped production on, that might be a good choice as well.

More
29 Sep 2017 00:29 #64729 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood
Jumper replied that they will try to design a hall gimbals upgrade kit for Walkera's DEVO TX, but I have no schedule yet.
For all other requests in this thread , I have passed it to Jumper , need some time to get answer from them.
Thank you all.

More
29 Sep 2017 01:51 - 29 Sep 2017 01:58 #64731 by yets

dc59 wrote: Jumper replied that they will try to design a hall gimbals upgrade kit for Walkera's DEVO TX, but I have no schedule yet.
For all other requests in this thread , I have passed it to Jumper , need some time to get answer from them.
Thank you all.

Thank you so much, at least there's a bit of hope. Let's hope something positive comes from it.

Understood mwm. The Jumper will increase the community but there's no harm in catering for its current community who have come this far with Deviation.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2017 01:58 by yets.

More
29 Sep 2017 04:39 #64734 by Brainstorm
Replied by Brainstorm on topic New TX from Banggood
Vlad: Thank you for continuing to compile updated Deviation builds specifically for the T8SG!

dc59 wrote: T8SG Hall sensor gimbal with bearing ,it's a prototype!

dc59: It's fantastic to see that Jumper moved quickly on a prototype hall sensor gimbal! It looks really good!

My additional suggestions would be to (a) make design of top part rectangular, with scale marks, just like Taranis hall effect gimbal, and (b) offer option of longer sticks for pinchers and shorter "umbrella" sticks for thumb fliers.

mwm wrote: Hall effect gimbals and the hardware for voice?

Good suggestion, mwm! Adding voice to v2.0 would be huge!

dc59 wrote: Jumper replied that they will try to design a hall gimbals upgrade kit for Walkera's DEVO TX, but I have no schedule yet.

Gimbal upgrades for Devo 7e and 10 would be great. But please make sure to finish v2.0 of the T8SG first! ;)

Thank you for continuing to communicate with Jumper! I think it's very positive and impressive how they have responded to feedback from the community.

More
29 Sep 2017 06:41 #64735 by Twilight_Sun
Replied by Twilight_Sun on topic New TX from Banggood

Brainstorm wrote: My additional suggestions would be to (a) make design of top part rectangular, with scale marks, just like Taranis hall effect gimbal, and (b) offer option of longer sticks for pinchers and shorter "umbrella" sticks for thumb fliers.

I've changed sticks on my devo 10 to red and more "prickly" ones. SO I thought there are already some sticks on market you just need to know which ones will fit. or not? TX just has to have compatible thread on gimblas

More
29 Sep 2017 22:34 - 29 Sep 2017 22:36 #64739 by mwm
Well, mine showed up today, just in time for me to come back from the Hospital :(. My PyBoard order showed up yesterday, and while it's a much better build than I expected (it's a clone of the open source design), the T8SG is much more exciting.

The USB port has been moved to be accessible from outside the radio, and the gimbals are much better than anything I've used from Walkera. The switches feel a bit harsh, but I'd have to fly with them to see for sure. I feel like this is the radio that PBR & others have said they wished that Walkera had built instead of the 7E.

And then a Manual! Wow, an HTG bound and printed manual for Deviation. That's just cool.

Problems. The second time I powered it on, I got a complaint about a missing A7105. Power supply issues, already being discussed. Hasn't happened since. My personal preference is a battery that can be charged in place, but since updates require getting into the battery chamber, maybe not so much.

The manual has three issues:

1) The manual says that deviaition can run protocol Jumper T8SG with no modifications. But that's not listed in the manual. Nor does it show up with the installed firmware. Possibly a recent hardware tweak that hasn't made it to the manual?
2) The included Rx is also undocumented. My best guess after a google is that it's a Superior Hobby RSFSB-S. But there are a number of variations on that, and I'm a bit worn out.
3) Formatting on 3-level (and greater?) list numbers is just broken. That one's on us, though.

I've verified that I can get in and out of my bed and desk chairs, but not my easy chair. So further looking into this may well have to wait until I can drive again - 4 weeks or so.

Last edit: 29 Sep 2017 22:36 by mwm.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds