Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
30 Sep 2017 00:27 #64740 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

mwm wrote: 2) The included Rx is also undocumented. My best guess after a google is that it's a Superior Hobby RSFSB-S. But there are a number of variations on that, and I'm a bit worn out.

Hi Mike,
Regarding this RX , it's a 8ch F-FHSS compatible RX , Jumper got problem with this RX , there are only 4ch can be used when it bind to T8SG , but it can use 8ch when it bind to Futaba 14SG , Jumper can't figure out what's happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2017 01:04 #64741 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New TX from Banggood
Received mine today as well. It is a nice radio! Really like the small form-factor (never had a 7e). The build quality is good, both inside and out. The fit and finish is high-quality. One of my switches is a little stiff as well, and the case doesn't seem as robust as my Devo 10 so the materials seem less expensive. A nice design touch is the switch throw paths are slightly canted inward which feels nice under the thumbs (though maybe dictated by space). The case is good too - made me want one for my other radios.

I was also excited about the printed manual - everyone who contributed is now a published author! To me the "Jumper T8SG" protocol looks like one place that "Devo" should not have been replaced. I think you're correct on the receiver and it's only included in the developer shipments. dc59 said "They do have send you a 8CH S-FHSS RX in package, but they got problem , please check this post ."

One thing I didn't find in the manual was a description of the green LED. Seems to try to follow the bind state, but if no firmware changes were made it must come from a hardware signal somewhere. A pinout for the power connector would be good too as my 2S batteries have a smaller connector.

Personally I'd like a shoulder switch for use as a kill switch. With better gimbals and voice I'd be using it regularly.

Hope you get well soon mwm.

More
30 Sep 2017 06:25 #64742 by dc59

hexfet wrote:
One thing I didn't find in the manual was a description of the green LED. Seems to try to follow the bind state, but if no firmware changes were made it must come from a hardware signal somewhere.

Jumper check each CSN pin to determine antenna switch (PE1 & PE2) then green LED turns on!

More
30 Sep 2017 07:31 #64744 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood
So it is basically an "on the air" signal...

More
30 Sep 2017 08:59 #64745 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood
S-FHSS was implemented by victzh I think. I haven't done too much work with the cc2500, but I would probably look at the SPI traces on the receiver when running on the Futaba radio vs Jumper (I assume this issue will likely occur on any .Deviation radio). I don't have access to that Futaba radio. Someone with a compatible Futaba radio and SPI capture tools will likely need to capture the 'good' traces (it could probably be done by looking at the output of the Futaba Tx as well..Not sure who'd want to solder traces onto such an expensive radio tho)

More
30 Sep 2017 09:28 #64746 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: S-FHSS was implemented by victzh I think. I haven't done too much work with the cc2500, but I would probably look at the SPI traces on the receiver when running on the Futaba radio vs Jumper (I assume this issue will likely occur on any .Deviation radio). I don't have access to that Futaba radio. Someone with a compatible Futaba radio and SPI capture tools will likely need to capture the 'good' traces (it could probably be done by looking at the output of the Futaba Tx as well..Not sure who'd want to solder traces onto such an expensive radio tho)

Thanks PB , I don't have that RX(Jumper didn't send it to me.) , I can't test it on other Deviation radio ! I have a Superior Hobby RSFSB-S (one of Futaba S-FHSS compatible RX) , it works fine all 8ch with T8SG.

More
30 Sep 2017 15:37 #64747 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood
It may well be that some clones are more picky than others about the protocol. I know we had similar compatibility issues with DSM2 clones initially.

More
30 Sep 2017 18:21 #64749 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic New TX from Banggood
I did initial implementation of S-FHSS using clones both on TX - XK X6 which came with X110 heli - and RX - mentioned heli and Orange clone SF700S.

Since then I bought a real Futaba, T10J, but did not solder to it yet. The problem with the receiver in the Jumper box is that I don't have a good way to test the receiver output - it's an S-BUS, and I don't have S-BUS gear except some old project somewhere.

When I have (or make) testing gear I can try to figure out what's wrong with this RX.

More
30 Sep 2017 19:23 #64750 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic New TX from Banggood
openrcforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=4539&start=30

You can check Sbus with this arduino sketch

More
01 Oct 2017 03:50 #64754 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: Jumper check each CSN pin to determine antenna switch (PE1 & PE2) then green LED turns on!

I saw that, but it didn't make it into my post. Thanks hexfet. So what I see is it comes on, doesn't find anything to bind to, and then goes off. So it's "RF chip active" in some way? Or is that it's not staying on a problem indicator?

Another thing that didn't make it into the first post: case suggestion, ditch the fragile ball joint antenna and ugly metal handle, and use a plastic handle with the antenna in it. That seems to be popular on newer radios, and I haven't heard of any serious problems. In theory, the ball joint will let you adjust the antenna for optimal range, but nobody does that. The horizontal antenna is close to that if you turn to face the aircraft, and loosing that fragile joint is a huge win.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Oct 2017 09:07 #64758 by Twilight_Sun
Replied by Twilight_Sun on topic New TX from Banggood

mwm wrote:

dc59 wrote: In theory, the ball joint will let you adjust the antenna for optimal range, but nobody does that.

I use that with devo10. e.g. I set defferent positions with helicopter and car

More
01 Oct 2017 09:42 #64759 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic New TX from Banggood
I too prefer an antenna that is adjustable for horizontal or vertical use depending on the vehicle being piloted.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
01 Oct 2017 14:32 - 01 Oct 2017 16:52 #64765 by ridgerunner
Replied by ridgerunner on topic New TX from Banggood
Anyone know what the minimum Vbatt is?
(I have a 5 cell 2300mAh NiMh that I'd like to use.)

Also, does the T8SG have a switching or linear regulator?
Last edit: 01 Oct 2017 16:52 by ridgerunner. Reason: Changed post title back to original - can I change the thread title with a single post?

More
01 Oct 2017 16:42 #64766 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Battery supply/regulator type?
I also use different orientations for surface and air vehicles, but AFAIK the only difference between horizontal and vertical for surface is that you still get optimal range if you quit facing your vehicle. Not worth the hassle of worrying about that joint every time you use/move/ship/drop the TX.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Oct 2017 17:37 #64768 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Battery supply/regulator type?
I would also prefer an internal antenna, a circular polarized would be my preference.

www.taoglas.com/product/wlp-2450-25-4-a-...-patch-antenna-25mm/

More
01 Oct 2017 21:45 #64773 by KnzHz
Replied by KnzHz on topic Battery supply/regulator type?
I don't know enough about antennas to say either way but I fly fpv so I don't face my quad all the time, would that be a problem with an internal antenna? I don't fly too far away though, 500 meters max.

More
02 Oct 2017 05:32 #64774 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Battery supply/regulator type?
Multiprotocol TX project has some differences at SFHSS protocol implementation.

More
02 Oct 2017 18:41 #64782 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Battery supply/regulator type?
@vlad_vy - can you be more specific? If you know what I can fix, I'll gladly do this.

More
03 Oct 2017 04:32 - 03 Oct 2017 09:46 #64790 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Battery supply/regulator type?
I don't think it will fix 4ch S-Bus, but related to servo range and resolution (12bit):

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...ow-servo-range#58610

github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotoco...col/SFHSS_cc2500.ino

SFHSS_cc2500.ino
// Channel values are 12-bit values between 1020 and 2020, 1520 is the middle.
// Futaba @140% is 2070...1520...970
// Values grow down and to the right.
static void __attribute__((unused)) SFHSS_build_data_packet()
{
	uint8_t ch_offset = phase == SFHSS_DATA1 ? 0 : 4;
	uint16_t ch1 = convert_channel_16b_nolim(CH_AETR[ch_offset+0],2020,1020);
	uint16_t ch2 = convert_channel_16b_nolim(CH_AETR[ch_offset+1],2020,1020);
	uint16_t ch3 = convert_channel_16b_nolim(CH_AETR[ch_offset+2],2020,1020);
	uint16_t ch4 = convert_channel_16b_nolim(CH_AETR[ch_offset+3],2020,1020);

packet[0] = 0x81; // can be 80 or 81 for Orange, only 81 for XK
	packet[1] = rx_tx_addr[0];
	packet[2] = rx_tx_addr[1];
	packet[3] = 0x0f; //10J
	packet[4] = 0x09; //10J
	packet[5] = (rf_ch_num << 3) | ((ch1 >> 9) & 0x07);
	packet[6] = (ch1 >> 1);
	packet[7] = (ch1 << 7) | ((ch2 >> 5) & 0x7F );
	packet[8] = (ch2 << 3) | ((ch3 >> 9) & 0x07);
	packet[9] = (ch3 >> 1);
	packet[10] = (ch3 << 7) | ((ch4 >> 5) & 0x7F );
	packet[11] = (ch4 << 3) | ((fhss_code >> 2) & 0x07 );
	packet[12] = (fhss_code << 6) | phase;
}

convert_channel(u8 num) can be:
static u16 convert_channel(u8 num)
{
    u16 value = 1520 - (s32)Channels[num] * 512 / CHAN_MAX_VALUE;
    if (value > 2032)
        value = 2032;
    else if (value < 1008)
        value = 1008;
    return value
}
(512 / 125%) * 100% = 410

By the way,
"spacer1" + 86 = 1024 + 86 = 1110
"spacer1" + 496 = 1024 + 496 = 1520
"spacer1" + 906 = 1024 + 906 = 1930
1520 (+-410)

I don't know if it has any sense, but "case SFHSS_TUNE:" is also different.
		case SFHSS_TUNE:
			phase = SFHSS_DATA1;
			SFHSS_tune_freq();
			SFHSS_tune_chan_fast();
			CC2500_SetPower();
			return 3150;
Last edit: 03 Oct 2017 09:46 by vlad_vy.

More
03 Oct 2017 04:34 - 03 Oct 2017 18:15 #64791 by kmewes
Replied by kmewes on topic New TX from Banggood
I know this might be trivial to some, but I managed to install a right angle USB adapter in my Jumper and it fits like a glove, securely held in place. I can now safely plug in an extension USB cable just by opening the battery compartment (this is for all who don't have the luxury of a factory modified developer version but the initial version). Next is a downward angled OTG adapter that will nicely plug in additionally, making it easier to connect but is not absolutely necessary. If you get this make sure to get the adapter angled to the right, but they are so cheap ($0.99) you can get a pair if not sure. Nice thing is you don't have a cable dangling out of your transmitter this way :-)
The size might vary so I can provide my source on request.
(btw the adapter shown happens to be the opposite angle of the pair, not the one that fits is in the TX)

Cheers.
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Oct 2017 18:15 by kmewes. Reason: correction

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds