Devo7e work

More
17 Jun 2013 12:30 #11054 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
3.7V, wouldn't that affect the range?

Have you done a range check when the voltage drops that low?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2013 03:41 #11322 by farad
Replied by farad on topic Devo7e work
I immediately upgraded to deviation when I first got the Devo 7e, and I installed the A7105 tx module. I find that I only get around 2 hours on a full charge of 2000mah NiMH LSD batteries. Is this normal? What is average life when the Devo 7e is stock?

I haven't done the diode mod and I keep the tx power settings on low when using the A7105 since I got the one with the amplifier built-in.

More
25 Jun 2013 03:57 #11324 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo7e work
It seems that Devo 8s with A7105 module also has very quick discharge with 2000mah NiMH LSD. I don't test the real time, but it noticeably shorter than without A7105 module. I made time mark and later will report exact time to discharge.

More
25 Jun 2013 16:18 #11347 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo7e work
PB or others,

Is there an easy way to turn the Devo7e's two position FMOD toggle into a 3position one by simply installing and soldering up the 3pos switch?

More
25 Jun 2013 16:27 #11348 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic Devo7e work

Xermalk wrote: 3.7V, wouldn't that affect the range?

Have you done a range check when the voltage drops that low?

I checked against my Devo 10 using a spectrum analyser and performed a range check as well. 3.7V is the point where the RF output power begins to drop..

To be safe, I've added a voltage indicator/alarm inside the 7e and set the alarm point at 3.7V..

Not to forget to short out the reverse protection low drop diode that eats up 0.2 - 0.3V on the power supply chain..

More
25 Jun 2013 22:39 #11358 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic Devo7e work

Daryoon wrote: Is there an easy way to turn the Devo7e's two position FMOD toggle into a 3position one by simply installing and soldering up the 3pos switch?

Not "simply", but there should be a way. I'm still not too sure how deviation reads the switches, but I think it reads them as "FMOD0 = on/off", "FMOD1 = on/off", in which case if you did the additional two-switch mod (AIL DR and ELE DR), you could perhaps hook up say AIL_DR1 to the third position?
Not entirely sure you can assign multiple switches to a mix though? Thought being your mix setup could be "FMOD0 on == normal mode", "FMOD1 on == stunt1 mode", "AIL_DR1 on == stunt2 mode"?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
26 Jun 2013 06:32 #11378 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Devo7e work

RoGuE_StreaK wrote:

Daryoon wrote: Is there an easy way to turn the Devo7e's two position FMOD toggle into a 3position one by simply installing and soldering up the 3pos switch?

Not "simply", but there should be a way. I'm still not too sure how deviation reads the switches, but I think it reads them as "FMOD0 = on/off", "FMOD1 = on/off", in which case if you did the additional two-switch mod (AIL DR and ELE DR), you could perhaps hook up say AIL_DR1 to the third position?
Not entirely sure you can assign multiple switches to a mix though? Thought being your mix setup could be "FMOD0 on == normal mode", "FMOD1 on == stunt1 mode", "AIL_DR1 on == stunt2 mode"?

You will need an additional free input pin at the processor. This could be possible (I haven't looked actually in the hardware descriptions in the Articles section), but it is hard to solder wires to these narrow pins.
The two-switch-mod is not suitable because the additional switches are integrated in the key matrix where every switch connects a row- and a column line when pressed. This would only be possible when you use a switch with three positions which switches two lines at the same time (sorry, I don't find the correct English words for this - I mean a switch which has internally two mechanical connected electrical independent switches).

More
30 Jun 2013 14:41 #11636 by kaworu
Replied by kaworu on topic Devo7e work

There is, I posted a patch in the original thread .

More
30 Jun 2013 15:46 - 30 Jun 2013 15:47 #11639 by Xermalk
Replied by Xermalk on topic Devo7e work
Im guessing theres no way of adding pots without removing the support for additional tx modules?

Do i need any specific kind of switches to add 2 more?
Last edit: 30 Jun 2013 15:47 by Xermalk.

More
01 Jul 2013 20:37 - 01 Jul 2013 20:37 #11687 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic Devo7e work

kaworu wrote:

There is, I posted a patch in the original thread .

Ah, so you're taking the two switches from the switch mod. And combine it into one 3 position toggle switch with patch code to remap the switch.

Thank you.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2013 20:37 by Daryoon.

More
17 Aug 2013 20:31 #13019 by Lyndros
Replied by Lyndros on topic Devo7e work
Thanks Xermalk,

Btw I finally got a devo 12S and I currently really happy with it. I will wait to install deviation as soon as 3.1 comes out, I want to make full usage of that screen...

About the 7E led, its pretty easy just added a simple resistor and a green led to the switch also u can add a big capacitor in order to have a fade in fade out effect... :D

If someone it is interested I can open my transmitter and take some pictures ...

More
10 Nov 2013 02:45 #15482 by Three-Wire
Replied by Three-Wire on topic Devo7e work
If it's not too much trouble I'd like to see a picture of how you wired in the led... For the life of me, I can't figure out how to make it work.

More
13 Nov 2013 19:29 #15552 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Devo7e work
@Xermalk WRT pots - we have 2 extra easily available pins - TCK and TMS - in every Devo. All others probably can be soldered to, but in Devo 7E I doubt there are free ones. I am now designing an attachment interface for more than 2 modules which should use only one extra pin, so there is some freedom in use of another one. I initially plan to wire it to modules - some of them can benefit from one extra pin available. But in principle, it is possible to design a small I/O extender, including ADC for pots.

More
14 Nov 2013 01:36 #15561 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Devo7e work

Lyndros wrote: Thanks Xermalk,

If someone it is interested I can open my transmitter and take some pictures ...

I would love to see the LED mod. That is one thing the D10 is lacking an LED indicator.

More
02 Sep 2014 05:06 #25458 by dawsonmobley
Replied by dawsonmobley on topic Devo7e work
Just wondered if the devo7e is supposed to work properly with dsmx rx's now? I have the latest deviation on my 7e as well as my 8s. The 8s binds and works great with my lemonrx dsmx rx/sat but when I bind the 7e in dsmx mode both the rx and sat seem to bind but the lemonrx led doesn't go solid like it does if I bind it to my 8s, it has a slow blink every half second and I'm not sure what that means. It is not the blink it does after a brownout has occurred so that's ruled out and this same rx/sat combo bind just fine to my 8s so nothing is wrong with them.

Hope someone can help me figure this out...I am running them in dsm2 mode on my 7e for now but would much prefer the additional robustness of dsmx protocol if possible. Thx!

More
02 Sep 2014 05:49 #25459 by D_an_W
Replied by D_an_W on topic Devo7e work
I can't help as to why yours doesn't work except to say that my 7E works well with the Lemon DSMX (The one with a satellite RX) in DSMX mode using the nightly builds and 4.0.1

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
02 Sep 2014 17:54 #25467 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic Devo7e work
I am using an orangeRX DSMX 3-Channel + SBUS receiver without any issue whatsoever.

More
02 Sep 2014 20:23 #25470 by dawsonmobley

D_an_W wrote: I can't help as to why yours doesn't work except to say that my 7E works well with the Lemon DSMX (The one with a satellite RX) in DSMX mode using the nightly builds and 4.0.1

That helps...now I at least know it should work with the 7e and can remove a deviation incompatibility or problem from the list of possible causes.

More
02 Sep 2014 22:04 #25471 by dawsonmobley

dawsonmobley wrote: Just wondered if the devo7e is supposed to work properly with dsmx rx's now? I have the latest deviation on my 7e as well as my 8s. The 8s binds and works great with my lemonrx dsmx rx/sat but when I bind the 7e in dsmx mode both the rx and sat seem to bind but the lemonrx led doesn't go solid like it does if I bind it to my 8s, it has a slow blink every half second and I'm not sure what that means. It is not the blink it does after a brownout has occurred so that's ruled out and this same rx/sat combo bind just fine to my 8s so nothing is wrong with them.

Hope someone can help me figure this out...I am running them in dsm2 mode on my 7e for now but would much prefer the additional robustness of dsmx protocol if possible. Thx!

Well, I found what was causing the problem but I'm still don't understand why it was a problem.

On this model memory the "Fixed ID" was set to none which is apparently fine for dsm2 but will only bind to dsmx properly with some numbers in that field?

Why would it need numbers in that field to work with dsmx but not dsm2?

More
17 Nov 2014 07:55 #26443 by JazzMac
Replied by JazzMac on topic Devo7e work

cmpang wrote:

Xermalk wrote:

To be safe, I've added a voltage indicator/alarm inside the 7e and set the alarm point at 3.7V..

Not to forget to short out the reverse protection low drop diode that eats up 0.2 - 0.3V on the power supply chain..

I checked that diode eats around 0.3V and you can also see the battery voltage formula is: V = 0.0021x + 0.3026. So if it shows 4.3V actually your 1S is 4.0V.
I love the 1S idea. I use two 14450(shunted) + one JST to make a 1S battery, and of couse a 1S/1A JST charger. To be safe, I also remove the white line(connected to external charger input) from the 3-pin socket inside. Because there is no protection diode anymore.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds