Deviation for Devo F4?

More
14 Jul 2016 22:30 #51663 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I will check how I must replace this name.
What other problems there are into the F series?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2016 22:34 - 14 Jul 2016 22:35 #51664 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
One thing I noticed, when you reverse a channel, on the list in the mixer menu, instead of an exclamation mark coming up next to the channel reversed, you just get a white square...

Also, on that same page, at the top, on the right, it says "Reorder:Hold R" with the same white square after the "R"
Last edit: 14 Jul 2016 22:35 by Epitaph.

More
14 Jul 2016 22:41 #51666 by Epitaph
Found something else...

In the telemetry menu, when you're setting it up, you scroll through the options with the 2 arrows on either side, and when it gets to AIRSPEED, the right arrow disappears because the text AIRSPEED is too long... the problem is, if you go back to something short like AMPS, the arrow comes back, but the last letter (in the space after the arrow) remains, a bit like the issue with the last line of text.

One sec, I'll do a quick video and upload it because I wouldn't understand that explanation I just gave hahahah

More
14 Jul 2016 22:52 #51667 by Epitaph
Here... maybe this will explain it to you... it's basically the same problem of remaining until something else replaces the letter.

More
14 Jul 2016 23:08 #51668 by Epitaph
The Backlight scale is reversed in the transmitter setup menu, with 1 being the brightest, 10 being the dimmest, the difference in leve is very gradual from 1 to 9, and then from 9 to 10 it takes a big jump and dims a LOT, and "Off" is about level 5.

More
14 Jul 2016 23:09 #51669 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation for Devo F4?

djtrance wrote: ... Do you know what is the name into devo 7e?

The Devo 6S also has a single D/R switch & it is named "DR0" & "DR1" in the monitor. When DR0 has a value of 100, then DR1 has a value of -100. When DR1 has a value of 100, then DR0 has a value of -100.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
14 Jul 2016 23:16 #51671 by Epitaph
And the white box again in the trims menu, after "TRIMLV" and all the others. I guess that's just a font issue with the + symbol.

In the model setup menu, where you input the name of the model, several symbols are missing in the "012" section.

More
14 Jul 2016 23:19 - 14 Jul 2016 23:19 #51672 by Epitaph

Arnold wrote:

djtrance wrote: ... Do you know what is the name into devo 7e?

The Devo 6S also has a single D/R switch & it is named "DR0" & "DR1" in the monitor. When DR0 has a value of 100, then DR1 has a value of -100. When DR1 has a value of 100, then DR0 has a value of -100.

The Devo 6S originally came with 2 more switches than the 7E, so it's logical one of them would be rates (I'm guessing the other is GEAR). But I see that as logical, to call it DR0/1... I just don't understand where the "AIL" came from on the F series... it's not like there's an ELE DR or a RUD DR to justify differentiating that particular DR from the others...
Last edit: 14 Jul 2016 23:19 by Epitaph.

More
14 Jul 2016 23:34 #51673 by djtrance
Can you check the name in devo f12? I forgot that is the same code.

More
15 Jul 2016 00:02 #51675 by Epitaph
I have no idea what the F12E has written in the menu, but on the actual transmitter it's printed AIL DR on the switch, but that's because there is also an ELE DR switch on that transmitter, in other words, it's designed to control the rates of those 2 surfaces separately on that particular transmitter, but not on the F7.

More
15 Jul 2016 00:03 #51676 by Epitaph
And I can see where you're going with this, you want to keep the AIL DR name because it's on the F12E, eventhough on the F7 it would just be DR because of ease of programming...

More
15 Jul 2016 00:33 #51677 by djtrance
can you send a picture?

Epitaph wrote: One thing I noticed, when you reverse a channel, on the list in the mixer menu, instead of an exclamation mark coming up next to the channel reversed, you just get a white square...

Also, on that same page, at the top, on the right, it says "Reorder:Hold R" with the same white square after the "R"

More
15 Jul 2016 00:36 #51678 by djtrance
Yes this is a big problem. the osd chip has not all the font, we cannot use a custom font. PB and I has mapped a lot of font, but there are not font for all things. I will check on my devo10 with font has in this cases, maybe we can use some of the special font that has the odd chip.

Epitaph wrote: And the white box again in the trims menu, after "TRIMLV" and all the others. I guess that's just a font issue with the + symbol.

In the model setup menu, where you input the name of the model, several symbols are missing in the "012" section.

More
15 Jul 2016 00:49 #51680 by Epitaph

djtrance wrote: can you send a picture?

Epitaph wrote: One thing I noticed, when you reverse a channel, on the list in the mixer menu, instead of an exclamation mark coming up next to the channel reversed, you just get a white square...

Channels 1 and 3 are reversed... and the other is the white square in the top right hand corner next to the "R"

More
15 Jul 2016 00:50 #51681 by Epitaph
And within those menus the box appears everywhere the "+" sign should be (which is what is supposed to be next to the "R" on that screen photo)

More
15 Jul 2016 00:51 #51682 by Epitaph
And in case you're wondering, this is build devof4-v5.0.0-e4a91dc

More
15 Jul 2016 00:59 #51683 by djtrance
I need to found a font that must replace the "!" character

More
15 Jul 2016 01:02 #51684 by Epitaph
I have an idea... there are several of those fonts that are missing on the keyboard in the name... what about if I make a model, and name it with those letters only, in order, then extract the devofs file, and see what those letters are in the .ini?

At least this way we can know which are the ones that are not working...

More
15 Jul 2016 01:14 - 15 Jul 2016 01:23 #51685 by Epitaph
name=$@"!'#&

Curious thing there doesn't seem to be a "+" amongst them

EDIT: I added the last 2 after... that's why they are not in order... but the order is as in the image.
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 01:23 by Epitaph.

More
15 Jul 2016 01:23 #51686 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
You're like a detective!

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds