Deviation for Devo F4?

More
05 Jul 2016 19:44 - 11 Jul 2016 21:25 #51329 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Yes, the Channel Monitor screen is a very interesting problem. It appears that the screen displays 24 characters across and you have 27 characters to display. Have to display the info in 2 pages? Or maybe scroll down further? Unless there is a smaller typeface available... - doubtful - :ohmy:

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?
Last edit: 11 Jul 2016 21:25 by Arnold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jul 2016 21:57 #51332 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
for the second video i can see that there are a problem with the version5 of the firmware. I fixed that problem for the previous version.
The last line is not been erasing by the function that is puting the space caracter on the screen.
For the first video, maybe the problem is the same like the second, I think that we are not tacking the screen position from the first position on the screen.
Do you know if the emulator has the same problem?

Epitaph wrote:

djtrance wrote: can you send a picture?

Here is the column problem, best seen in the channel monitor. Every value on the left is fully visible, but all the values on the right are out of range basically. So you can see the first number of the value of the channels on the right if they are positive, or just the negative sign when they are negative... the rest of the text is out of the screen.

The row issue seems to be affecting the last row. Basically, the text that is displayed on the last row stays there no matter where you go, until a new line of text comes up to replace it. So this way, we end up for example with 2 stray letters in the main screen between the horizontal trim sliders, or text from a previous screen mixed with text with the new screen.

More
05 Jul 2016 22:00 #51333 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I have no idea, I have never used the emulator. The problem with the last row has been constant and has never been fixed... I am using version 5 on this now, but until last week I was still with version 4.0.1, and the problem has been there all the time.

More
05 Jul 2016 22:15 #51334 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
...and there IS no emulator for F4 yet...

More
05 Jul 2016 22:16 #51335 by Epitaph

SirDomsen wrote: ...and there IS no emulator for F4 yet...

Oh, well... that explains it!! :P :P :P

More
05 Jul 2016 22:23 #51336 by djtrance
There are not difference between the screen function of F7 and F4, you can test the gui on the F7 emulator.

Epitaph wrote: I have no idea, I have never used the emulator. The problem with the last row has been constant and has never been fixed... I am using version 5 on this now, but until last week I was still with version 4.0.1, and the problem has been there all the time.

More
06 Jul 2016 07:32 #51352 by SirDomsen
I just tried DevoF7emu - same issues!

More
07 Jul 2016 15:34 #51410 by djtrance
I'm looking the code that has this problem

More
08 Jul 2016 21:17 - 08 Jul 2016 21:21 #51463 by SirDomsen
Another small bug: a '+' is shown as a white,square*
Last edit: 08 Jul 2016 21:21 by SirDomsen.

More
10 Jul 2016 23:23 #51533 by SteveA
Replied by SteveA on topic Deviation for Devo F4?

djtrance wrote: Hi,
This weekend I has restarted to work on the devo F7 GUi.
How I say before there are a lot of work to do on the GUI.
But I need to do a list with the more important things that I must to do.

what do you think that is more important for the gui?

Hi DJTrance, I would just like to thank you and all the other folks working on Deviation for the Devo F4/F7, as I have been reading each of your posts closely. Although I am not a coder I hope to do some field testing to help-out any way I can. Once I get my CC2500 installed, models written, and my two quads waiting for a transmitter to tell them what to do, I can report back any bugs I come across. One of my quads has a FrSky D4Rii installed while the other has an FrSky XSR. I really like the Devo F7, but the rx701 was just too large for either of my builds. Until I ran into this Deviation site I thought I had no choice but to get a Taranis or some other FrSky Tx, but modding my Devo sounds so much more fun and rewarding in the long run. Plus, I really like the video functionality and wouldn't want to give that up. Thanks again for the excellent work you're doing!

More
14 Jul 2016 21:37 #51649 by djtrance
thanks, here all can help.

SteveA wrote:

djtrance wrote: Hi,
This weekend I has restarted to work on the devo F7 GUi.
How I say before there are a lot of work to do on the GUI.
But I need to do a list with the more important things that I must to do.

what do you think that is more important for the gui?

Hi DJTrance, I would just like to thank you and all the other folks working on Deviation for the Devo F4/F7, as I have been reading each of your posts closely. Although I am not a coder I hope to do some field testing to help-out any way I can. Once I get my CC2500 installed, models written, and my two quads waiting for a transmitter to tell them what to do, I can report back any bugs I come across. One of my quads has a FrSky D4Rii installed while the other has an FrSky XSR. I really like the Devo F7, but the rx701 was just too large for either of my builds. Until I ran into this Deviation site I thought I had no choice but to get a Taranis or some other FrSky Tx, but modding my Devo sounds so much more fun and rewarding in the long run. Plus, I really like the video functionality and wouldn't want to give that up. Thanks again for the excellent work you're doing!

More
14 Jul 2016 21:45 #51650 by djtrance
I have some problems with the channel monitor menu. now we can see all the menu (see the picture), but the resolution of the screen is not enough fos a good column space.
maybe whe can change the name "AIL DR0" and "AIL DR1" to "AL DR0" and "AL DR1" or "AIL D0" and "AIL D1" maybe.
Attachments:

More
14 Jul 2016 21:49 - 14 Jul 2016 21:50 #51651 by Epitaph
I don't know if you have noticed before, but I actually found the AIL DR1 point on the MCU to make it work... but can't find HOLD for the life of me!! So, I don't know... what if you just changed the name of AIL DR0/1 to HOLD0/1... would that help?? I mean, I think HOLD would be more needed than AIL DR, especially as we have found the 3 positions of FMODE too, found GEAR, and also have SW A/B working...

In other words, eliminate HOLD from the program (I don't know if that would also help things), change AIL DR to HOLD, and that's it...

just a thought...
Last edit: 14 Jul 2016 21:50 by Epitaph.

More
14 Jul 2016 21:55 #51653 by djtrance
The fix that I did is for F4 and F7, for that reason I can't change the name to other, and I have devo F7 and I don't want to change the name of the stick.
maybe you must search into the F7 pictures.

More
14 Jul 2016 22:00 #51654 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation for Devo F4?

djtrance wrote: ... maybe whe can change the name "AIL DR0" and "AIL DR1" to "AL DR0" and "AL DR1" or "AIL D0" and "AIL D1" maybe.

Another solution is to remove the space from the name... AILDR0 & AILDR1. It is just for display & does not affect the behavior of the controller, in any case, so any of these is better than the current condition, I believe.

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
14 Jul 2016 22:02 #51655 by Epitaph
Yeah, I have been searching using the F7 schematics, but HOLD just isn't there... the others are, but not HOLD.

And I get what you mean, if you're basing the 2 off the same common source, then making a change on one would mean having to make 2 entirely independent projects. Maybe later on when the bugs are sorted out and they become 2 independent projects from each other that just update, but now, with the development in such early stages, I can see it's not worth the hassle.

Question is, on the F7, does AIL DR JUST apply to AIL? Because seeing as you can use it for anything (and when it's applied it's almost always applied to AIL and ELE at the same time), what about just calling it "D/R", without the "AIL"?

More
14 Jul 2016 22:03 #51656 by Epitaph
From what i can see on photos on Google, the switch itself is physically called D/R, so it wouldn't cause any confusion in that sense...

More
14 Jul 2016 22:12 #51658 by djtrance
Epitaph, we must have the code as standard as possible, because if we change a lot of things will be to hard to maintain the code, and if I or the other people that are working on devo F series has not time to fix the issues, will be no one that can.
I think that a good solution is to erase the space.

Epitaph wrote: Yeah, I have been searching using the F7 schematics, but HOLD just isn't there... the others are, but not HOLD.

And I get what you mean, if you're basing the 2 off the same common source, then making a change on one would mean having to make 2 entirely independent projects. Maybe later on when the bugs are sorted out and they become 2 independent projects from each other that just update, but now, with the development in such early stages, I can see it's not worth the hassle.

Question is, on the F7, does AIL DR JUST apply to AIL? Because seeing as you can use it for anything (and when it's applied it's almost always applied to AIL and ELE at the same time), what about just calling it "D/R", without the "AIL"?

More
14 Jul 2016 22:14 #51659 by djtrance
sorry I don't remember exactly the name, I'm working on the emulator in my office. if this is the case.. maybe we can change the name without problem. Do you know what is the name into devo 7e?

More
14 Jul 2016 22:21 - 14 Jul 2016 22:28 #51661 by Epitaph
That's what I mean, if you're going to remove the space, might as well just remove the entire AIL... nothing confusing about it from the way I see it, D/R is D/R, whether it's used for AIL or not... especially as what's actually written on the transmitter itself is "D/R"... If removing the AIL from the DR part is going to be confusing for everyone, then so would removing the space, no? I was actually surprised in the program it was called AIL DR and not just simply D/R...

And the 7E doesn't have AIL DR, D/R or anything like that, just has HOLD, FMODE, SW A and SW B
Last edit: 14 Jul 2016 22:28 by Epitaph.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds