Deviation for Devo F4?

More
15 Jul 2016 01:26 - 15 Jul 2016 01:27 #51687 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Don't confuse that with boredom!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Arnold wrote: You're like a detective!

And I tried to see if there were any other "hidden" symbols, like the one representing # and everything... that's all of them... so where the hell is +??
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 01:27 by Epitaph.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jul 2016 01:29 #51688 by Epitaph
TBH with you, I feel kind of responsable... I mean, I'm the one that roped everyone into working on the F4 in the first place, and it wouldn't be right if I didn't do something that I am capable of. I mean, programming I haven't got a clue... but I can experiment and try things out...

More
15 Jul 2016 01:30 #51689 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
maybe you can help me if you can see the www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...me-with-my-f7/unread

here you can see all the font that the OSD chip has ..

Epitaph wrote: Don't confuse that with boredom!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

And I tried to see if there were any other "hidden" symbols, like the one representing # and everything... that's all of them... so where the hell is +??

More
15 Jul 2016 01:36 #51690 by Epitaph
I have no problem helping with whatever I can help with... but I have not read that thread at all, so I'm going to start from the beginning to see what it is as to fonts you need help with, unless you could tell me where to look...

Of course, all this if I am capable withing my limited knowledge!!

djtrance wrote: maybe you can help me if you can see the www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...me-with-my-f7/unread

here you can see all the font that the OSD chip has ..

Epitaph wrote: Don't confuse that with boredom!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

More
15 Jul 2016 01:40 #51691 by Epitaph

djtrance wrote: My native language is spanish

Habermelo dicho jolines!! Que si te es mas facil hacerlo en español, no tengo ningun problema con eso, que soy de España!!

More
15 Jul 2016 02:15 - 15 Jul 2016 02:16 #51692 by Epitaph
OK, I've read through the entire thread, but I don't quite understand what it is you want me to do... I mean, I know you want me to figure out the character map for the F4 (and I presume also covers the F7) like PB did earlier on in the thread on that .png image, but I don't know how to actually do that... I have zero programming skills!! You didn't see the mess I got myself in just with the devo.fs reading and writing!!

Bien, he leido el hilo entero, pero no termino de entender que es lo que quieres que haga... quiero decir, se que quieres que averigüe el mapa de caracteres de la F4 (y supongo que esto cubrira tambien la F7) tal como hizo PB antes en el mismo hilo con esa imagen .png, pero no se como se hace exactamente... tengo cero habilidades en programacion!! No viste el lio que me monte simplemente escribiendo y leyendo el archivo devo.fs!!
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 02:16 by Epitaph.

More
15 Jul 2016 04:03 #51694 by djtrance
I need to know which of this character must be good for replace the original character
Attachments:

More
15 Jul 2016 04:06 #51695 by Epitaph
I gathered that this is what you meant, but I have no idea how to figure that out...

unless what you're talking about is making model.ini files on the computer with all the characters the computer has as model names, and seeing which ones appear and which ones don't on the screen of the transmitter, is that it?

djtrance wrote: I need to know which of this character must be good for replace the original character

More
15 Jul 2016 04:10 - 15 Jul 2016 04:12 #51696 by Epitaph
I've seen all those symbols on the screen working except the telephone, the sun, the umbrella and the musical note. I've seen the cloud as that's next to the throttle on the main screen, I guess it's what comes up instead of the % sign... if the % sign comes up on the screen on as a cloud, then maybe some other keyboard symbol comes up instead as one of those 4 I haven't seen...

I'll try out some symbols on model.ini files under name tomorrow to see what appears, see if I can find them
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 04:12 by Epitaph.

More
15 Jul 2016 04:12 #51697 by djtrance
no. the picture that I attached has all of the character that can be put into the devo screen, we cannot put a new character, what we did before with PB, is to replace some of the characters that the other devos has, for one of the character that de osd can display.
example. how the osd cannot show the "+" character, we can use the telefhone character for this. (is only and example)

More
15 Jul 2016 04:16 #51698 by Epitaph
Yeah, basically, find what key on a keyboard represents the telephone, the umbrella, the note and the sun. I think if I just make model.ini files with the model name with symbols from the character map on Windows, it's just go on doing that until they appear on the screen, then just write down something like "%=Cloud", but for the ones that are yet to be identified.

More
15 Jul 2016 04:17 - 15 Jul 2016 04:18 #51699 by Epitaph
Basically, do what I've done to identify the ones that can't be shown, but the other way around. I'll get onto that tomorrow.

What is the maximum model name length on the F4? To know how long I can make the names on the .ini files...
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 04:18 by Epitaph.

More
15 Jul 2016 04:20 #51700 by djtrance
is not necessary because I can mapped the character directly.

#define _100 0x1f //Filled char
#define _RHT 0x3b //right arrow
#define _LFT 0x3c //left arrow
#define _UP 0x3d //up arrow
#define _DWN 0x3e //down arrow
#define _PFI 0x3f//3f //partial fill
#define _DOT 0x6e//6e //centered dot
//6f //phone
//72 //sun
#define _CLO 0x73//73 //cloud
//74 //umbrella
#define _BAT 0x75//75 //hourglass
//76 //note
#define _RPT 0x7c //right triangle
#define _LPT 0x7d //left triangle

0x7d is the hex of the character that you have in ascii. you can translate the hex to character with this site
ascii.cl

More
15 Jul 2016 04:26 - 15 Jul 2016 04:32 #51701 by Epitaph
OK, as I said, what I know about programming and computer language fits on a postage stamp, so with that, you lost me...
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 04:32 by Epitaph.

More
15 Jul 2016 14:23 - 15 Jul 2016 14:36 #51715 by djtrance

Here is the font maps

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jul 2016 14:36 by djtrance.

More
15 Jul 2016 14:30 #51717 by Epitaph
Yes, but I honestly don't know how I can help you with that, as I said, I know nothing about programming

More
15 Jul 2016 17:41 #51724 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Hi,

let me jump in. First, nice work you two spanish people!

1) Concerning the switches: DJtrance, is,it possible to use hardware.ini to initialize the switches, like switchmod for example?. Because the F4 usually has no switches it is uncool to have the useless switches in the input monitor. In this case, you could select weather to use ail d/r or d/r instead. And those people like you, Epitaph that added additional switches following the F7 wiring wont be disappointed.

2) Concerning the font stuff: Did i,understand,correct. a '+' sign is not possible? So we need to figure out what alternative symbol would be nice instead, type that corresponding symbol in windows to a model file and once we got the right one, we just read in the ascii table which hex code it has and report it to you, djtrance?

More
15 Jul 2016 19:35 #51727 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Deviation for Devo F4?

djtrance wrote: ... what we did before with PB, is to replace some of the characters that the other devas has ...

Am I understanding this correctly, that it is possible to use a character set from another Devo model in order to obtain characters that are not available in the current character set? This sounds like different Devo models use different character sets. If that is possible, it is a solution. But...
Where does a Deviation character set originate from? Did Deviation developers build these characters by hand? (seems doubtful). Or is it extracted (borrowed) from Walker's Detention firmware? Or is it derived from some third source, like a computer typeface? And...
Is it possible to edit a character from the existing character set in order to make the exact character we need?
Just trying to think outside the ball, here :-)

Too many hobbies & too many Devos!
Who knows where the time goes?

More
15 Jul 2016 19:42 #51728 by djtrance
How I say before, we cannot edit the font that the OSD chip has, we can remap the normal character to one of the OSD chip has.
you can see into this link www.deviationtx.com/wiki/hardware/devof7

Arnold wrote:

djtrance wrote: ... what we did before with PB, is to replace some of the characters that the other devas has ...

Am I understanding this correctly, that it is possible to use a character set from another Devo model in order to obtain characters that are not available in the current character set? This sounds like different Devo models use different character sets. If that is possible, it is a solution. But...
Where does a Deviation character set originate from? Did Deviation developers build these characters by hand? (seems doubtful). Or is it extracted (borrowed) from Walker's Detention firmware? Or is it derived from some third source, like a computer typeface? And...
Is it possible to edit a character from the existing character set in order to make the exact character we need?
Just trying to think outside the ball, here :-)

More
15 Jul 2016 21:03 #51731 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Reading the datasheet of that weird chip it's clear now to me. So we need to discuss which sign has to replace which iiuc?

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds