Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
09 May 2017 15:52 - 09 May 2017 15:52 #62194 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

teoplays wrote:

Texacate wrote:

teoplays wrote: Hi, I'm new to the forum.
I have a Devo 7e, 3in1 module and two switch 3 positions.
I connected to USB and after loading model.ini, hardware.ini has disappeared.

The problem is I do not have a copy. I didn't know its needed, and the friend who installed me did not let me know :(
How can I fix it? Thanks

Good lesson here: ALWASY make a backup copy before you do anything....

I assume you are running 5.0.0 standard release. Is this true?

To fix your 7E
Step1: Make a backup of ALL the files/folders that you do have on your 7E. You probably will not use this backup. But it is good to have.
Step2: copy a hardware.ini file from the 5.0.0 release area to your transmitter.
I'm assuming you already know how to boot your 7E into USB mode.
Step3: Enable the switches. Change line #5 from
;extra-switches=
to
extra-switches=3x2
Step4: You need to tell the firmware that you have additional RF modules installed. You will need to know exactly how the enable wires are connected between the 3in1 and your 7E. The following Wiki page should help you edit the hardware.ini file to match the actual connections.
www.deviationtx.com/wiki/rf_module_insta...ion/enabling_modules
Step5: Once things are working again, make another a backup of ALL the files/folders on your 7E.
And you should probably delete the backup from Step1.
And tell your friend he owes you a beer!

Thank you. I was tired of waiting and then i have resolved :-) Backup done.

I have a question... to pass to nightly version, I use Dfuse and load the dfu file. Is sufficient? I see an error

For 7E, you would need to copy the protocol files as well.
Last edit: 09 May 2017 15:52 by wasp09.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2017 17:04 #62196 by teoplays
Replied by teoplays on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Ok, I do not know if this is the problem, but it initially gave me an error message.
When I opened the radio I missed several words on screen. I try again?

More
09 May 2017 17:13 #62197 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Transfer the layout and media folders to the file system.

More
09 May 2017 20:18 #62199 by saidem
Replied by saidem on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Thank you for your answer Texacate.
I recharged both the transmitter and receiver batteries. It's slightly better, but the phenomenon is still there. I put the curves of "expo" to "1to1" but it does not change anything. I do not know what to do. I wonder if the module is reliable, I bought it from Banggood "1 x CC2500 NRF24L01 A7105 CYRF6936 4 In 1 RF Module For Walkera Devo Transmitter under reference (1096707)". Would anyone have an idea? Thank you

More
10 May 2017 16:19 #62214 by teoplays
Replied by teoplays on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I loaded dfu, then imported Protocol, Layout, and Media. Now it's okay, thank you :)

More
21 May 2017 18:07 - 21 May 2017 18:08 #62475 by Maxner
Replied by Maxner on topic 3in1 RF module Pololu 3,3V
sorry
Last edit: 21 May 2017 18:08 by Maxner.

More
21 May 2017 18:08 #62476 by Maxner
Replied by Maxner on topic 3in1 RF module Pololu 3,3V

Maxner wrote: Hello,
I am using the current 3in1 module from Banggood. Unfortunately, I have trouble running the Eachine E010 stable even at 10mW or 3mW output power. Therefore, I installed a 3.3V, 500mA, Pololu-Stepdown to power the 3in1 module. Unfortunately, the E010 still does not work correctly. Partially, it loses the binding, or responds strongly to input signals (sometimes over 1 second).
So I have measured during the switched transmitter the voltage at the Pololu. However, I have measured at the output not 3.3V, but only 3.076V.

On contact V DD the Devo even only 3,051V.

Is this the problem, or are these measured values normal?
Should I use an adjustable StepDown and set the 3.3V so that the E010 works correctly?

Best regards

Simple solution of the measurement results: The measuring instrument was almost new but faulty. Therefore the seemingly wrong voltage at the Pololu...:S

More
23 May 2017 20:35 #62513 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic 3in1 RF module Pololu 3,3V
If there's any interest in seeing a solderless MCU pin connection for the nrf24l01 in the 4 in 1 I'll post some pics. I kapton taped it all up ready for soldering then chickened out. Does the trick though. You veterans will prolly flame me..... bring it on :).

More
24 May 2017 19:26 #62530 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic 3in1 RF module Pololu 3,3V
Do post the picts. Always ready to learn new ways of doing things. Especially if it's effective!

More
29 May 2017 08:35 #62670 by talos242
Replied by talos242 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi there,

I'm glad to see someone else who has this module and a devo8S.

Please could you show how you connected it? Which pins etc and what your .ini file looks like? I'm desperate to get mine working but cant seem to find any solid information on how to install in an 8S

I would be extremely grateful for any help you could offer. Thank you.

More
29 May 2017 08:41 #62672 by talos242

benoit35 wrote: Hello,
I am using this 3 in 1 module from Bangood for more than 6 month now in my devo 8S.
www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-M...04.html?rmmds=search

could I flash an update version in my module ?
using the code from here
github.com/pascallanger/DIY-Multiprotocol-TX-Module

For the configuration on a devo 8S
- is it PPM or Serial ?
- if I want to use the telemetry (frsky protocol) what are the options to set in the _config.h for the Devo ?

Thanks

This is the message I was hoping to get a reply from. If any one has any information on how to install in an 8s I would be very grateful. I just can't seem to get any decent photos or diagrams. :(

More
29 May 2017 12:27 #62674 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
There is nothing to update on the 3/4 in 1 module. The DIY multiprotocol module needs a seperate chip to convert and switch protocols (which is what the firmware is for).. the Devo hardware does that for us. The connection is SPI, not serial or PWM.

More
30 May 2017 02:49 - 31 May 2017 05:36 #62687 by Texacate
Replied by Texacate on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
The DIY MultiModule project is a stand alone RF module intended for OpenTx transmitters with a module bay (like the Taranis), and as Arakon mentioned, it contains its own micro controller. See this RCGroups thread .

For the Devo line, you need to use a different RF module. There are several choices, but most common ones are the 4in1 , and 3in1 sold by Banggood. They install inside the Devo and replace (in the case of the 4in1) or augment (in the case of the 3in1) the existing CYRF6936 RF module. The DeviationTX firmware running on the Devo drives the RF module(s) directly.

I recommend the 4in1 since:
  • it plugs right in (except for the Devo7E)
  • you only need to solder three additional CS (ChipSelect) wires
  • and you only need 1 antenna
Talos242, Which module are you trying to connect to your 8S? Is it the 3in1?
Last edit: 31 May 2017 05:36 by Texacate.

More
30 May 2017 04:24 #62689 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
You missed one critical feature of the 4in1 for the 7e: it gives you full range for the CYRF chip protocols.

I went from a multi-module 10 to a 4-in-1 10. I miss my antenna forest.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
30 May 2017 07:04 - 30 May 2017 07:05 #62693 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

mwm wrote: You missed one critical feature of the 4in1 for the 7e: it gives you full range for the CYRF chip protocols.

I went from a multi-module 10 to a 4-in-1 10. I miss my antenna forest.

Me too! People usually complain about their 'porcupine' TX. For me they made it feel more unique/expensive/tricked out. I'm not usually one for that sort of thing either. I replaced the original antenna with a longer 5dbi (I think). I'm still sad. Theoretically, would connecting them into the 4 in 1 increase reception? Prolly no need for more TX reception, but any excuse :)

@Texacate - My camera died. I'll get some pics up somehow.
Last edit: 30 May 2017 07:05 by Caerus.

More
31 May 2017 04:23 - 31 May 2017 05:29 #62716 by Texacate
Yes, a 5dbi antenna will extend the range a bit, but at a price. The high gain antennas are more "directional" than low gain ones. IE: more power is radiated perpendicular to the antenna, and much less power radiated in the direction the antenna is pointing.

You may have heard the advice; one should never point the antenna directly at the model. That's why.

EDIT:
Caerus, Were you asking about connecting multiple antennas into a single 4in1, or just the one 5dbi antenna?
MWM, good catch on the missing benefit to 7E owners!
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 May 2017 05:29 by Texacate.

More
31 May 2017 08:08 #62719 by Caerus
Replied by Caerus on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
@Texacate - It was in a couple SeByDocKy's vids that he talked about the higher gain dipole antenna. He seems to know his stuff so I thought I'd try one. I did read the wiki on them first. I think I understood about 1% of it. I remember that illustration cos it made sense easier.

Having said that, is it the ideal antenna (excluding ground stations, Yagi etc) for general park flying? I'm thinking for FPV it prolly is, with the quad being anywhere around you, not just in front.

And yes, I was also asking if connecting the two (now removed) antennae to the 4 in 1 would theoretically increase reception.

More
31 May 2017 11:44 #62725 by talos242

Texacate wrote: The DIY MultiModule project is a stand alone RF module intended for OpenTx transmitters with a module bay (like the Taranis), and as Arakon mentioned, it contains its own micro controller. See this RCGroups thread .

For the Devo line, you need to use a different RF module. There are several choices, but most common ones are the 4in1 , and 3in1 sold by Banggood. They install inside the Devo and replace (in the case of the 4in1) or augment (in the case of the 3in1) the existing CYRF6936 RF module. The DeviationTX firmware running on the Devo drives the RF module(s) directly.

I recommend the 4in1 since:

• it plugs right in (except for the Devo7E)
  • you only need to solder three additional CS (ChipSelect) wires
  • and you only need 1 antenna
Talos242, Which module are you trying to connect to your 8S? Is it the 3in1?

Thanks for the information and for the reply.
I have the 3in1 but am tempted to get the 4in1 if it plugs straight in. I'm anxious about the soldering so would prefer to minimize it where possible.

More
31 May 2017 14:01 #62727 by Texacate

Caerus wrote: I was also asking if connecting the two (now removed) antennae to the 4 in 1 would theoretically increase reception.

Theoretically, it could. But in practice... You'll now have an RF splitter, as well as the 2nd antenna in the RF path introducing potential reflections and phase differences. The new radiation pattern will be quite different. Chances are; you'll make it worse, not better.

More
31 May 2017 14:21 - 31 May 2017 14:42 #62728 by Texacate

talos242 wrote: I have the 3in1 but am tempted to get the 4in1 if it plugs straight in. I'm anxious about the soldering so would prefer to minimize it where possible.

If that is the case, then I'd definitely go with the 4in1. Today, Banggood is running a 10% off coupon on the 4in1!
Check out the wiki page: www.deviationtx.com/wiki/rf_module_installation/devo8
All the wiring you see near the existing module is eliminated with the 4in1.
Last edit: 31 May 2017 14:42 by Texacate.

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds