Voice alerts test build

More
17 Mar 2017 05:10 #60264 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build
No, the 12 has it in the library.
There is a tool somewhere with which you can make your own customized library DFU file...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2017 05:18 #60265 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
I updated to the latest build and now the only voice i can select is 0 or 1 on any of the switches and the only voice i get is the Welcome message ..

More
17 Mar 2017 05:20 - 17 Mar 2017 05:33 #60267 by magic_marty
When timer expires it says "Welcome to deviation"

Does the latest build not include the Devo12 if not i will go back to the previous build?
I do get no activity beeps now but the voice is not working as before..:(
Last edit: 17 Mar 2017 05:33 by magic_marty.

More
17 Mar 2017 08:31 #60270 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: @Morlacus: The whole documentation thing should probably be moved into a new thread, as it is not voice related and should get more peoples attention.

noted

Tested the new build on my devo 8s
There are 12 channel voice possibilities ( should be 8)
A suggestion As on the devo 8s there are now a big number of custom possibilities (46 with 12 channels and 44 if 8 channels), may be it could be more easy to scroll down in the voice page by page (10 positions) so there would be only 4 down scrolls and on fixed position which for me seems clearer and more simple.
As concerns the french voice.ini there should not be accentuated letters (é, è à etc ) as they are not printed on the tx.

More
17 Mar 2017 09:05 - 17 Mar 2017 09:28 #60271 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
It works fine, but voice.ini needs to be in the media directory of the library. But this reminds me I have to disable voice if voice.ini is not found...

magic_marty wrote: When timer expires it says "Welcome to deviation"

Does the latest build not include the Devo12 if not i will go back to the previous build?
I do get no activity beeps now but the voice is not working as before..:(

Last edit: 17 Mar 2017 09:28 by Moeder.

More
17 Mar 2017 09:09 #60272 by Moeder
I will automatically remove accents from voice.ini labels.

Concerning the long list, I see the same problem. I was actually trying to only display those channels and telemetry alarms which are active, but I had some trouble with hiding objects in the gui so it didn't make it into current builds. Page up down won't work, as you still need to select each row and we have no page up/down button

Morlacus wrote: may be it could be more easy to scroll down in the voice page by page (10 positions) so there would be only 4 down scrolls and on fixed position which for me seems clearer and more simple.
As concerns the french voice.ini there should not be accentuated letters (é, è à etc ) as they are not printed on the tx.

More
17 Mar 2017 10:07 #60274 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: I will automatically remove accents from voice.ini labels.

Concerning the long list, I see the same problem. I was actually trying to only display those channels and telemetry alarms which are active, but I had some trouble with hiding objects in the gui so it didn't make it into current builds. Page up down won't work, as you still need to select each row and we have no page up/down button

I agree, but in the transmitter config page the scroll button scrolls in 3 groups. That is why I thought to have a similar operation for the voice page. There are subsections in the transmitter config page. Would it be possible to have 10 lines subsections without naming them in the voice page just for scrolling ease. Your solution is probably smarter.:)

More
17 Mar 2017 17:06 #60289 by magic_marty
I would like to know where the media directory is located cause i have yet to find it on my 12s...To me it was much simpler to just have the map file on the root on the tx and don't have to be so complicated please keep things simple..If it gets so complicated it will hinder people from using the voice build if they have to jump thru hoops ect to get it working..

More
17 Mar 2017 17:54 #60294 by Morlacus
There is no media file in the 12s directories. The media file is in the lib.dfu which is implemented on the devo 12 s by DevoDfuSe.exe as the firmware. To make a new lib.dfu including the voice.ini see the following post of PhracturedBlue
www.deviationtx.com/forum/custom-skins/2...themers?limitstart=0

More
17 Mar 2017 18:26 #60295 by Moeder
That would actually indeed be a reason to put the ini back in root folder. FDR, what is your opinion on this?

More
17 Mar 2017 18:50 #60296 by FDR
I don't think so.
When it will be in the trunk, we can offer the default voice.ini in the media folder, so the library of the DEVO 12 will have that too. Then one only needs to edit his hardware.ini in the root to enable it.
Otherwise almost all the customizable content of the 12 are in the library as well, like the currrent sound.ini, or all the bitmaps and fonts, so nothing has changed. That tool is made specifically for that purpose...

More
17 Mar 2017 19:19 #60297 by magic_marty
I tried putting the voice.in in every folder on my 12 and it didn't work so something is wrong or I did something incorrectly

More
17 Mar 2017 21:45 #60301 by Moeder
What is the reason for this hassle anyways? May I suggest the following: let's check media/voice.ini first, and if not found try to parse /voice.ini? If either fails the tx will disable voice features. I think it is not lucky that some inis reside in root while others are in media, that has to lead to confusion eventually...

More
17 Mar 2017 22:04 #60302 by FDR
For aught I care... ;)

Not all .ini files are in the root folder, like the config.ini and the sound.ini are in the media folder, not to mention the model, template and layout .ini files.
That's why there are folders: to have a structure...

More
17 Mar 2017 22:15 #60304 by Morlacus
I dont understand the problem. There is no media directory in the 12s tx All the files. included in media are in the lib.dfu. Making a new lib.dfu is very simple and necessary wnen changing anything in the medias. I did that each time I have added a toggle icon. This will be the same for the voice.ini. Using the process described by Phractured blue is very simple.
The only problem is that the voice.ini is not translated by the language files of the language directory (may be it could be for global ones ?) and if people prefer to have a voice.ini in their language they will have to change it in the media directory and in the lib.dfu of the 12s. But as the voice.ini is just an indication which can be different from the mp3 which are played, that could be less important. Anyway each time that a new custom message will be added the voice.ini will have to be changed.

More
18 Mar 2017 01:46 #60307 by magic_marty

Morlacus wrote: There is no media file in the 12s directories. The media file is in the lib.dfu which is implemented on the devo 12 s by DevoDfuSe.exe as the firmware. To make a new lib.dfu including the voice.ini see the following post of PhracturedBlue
www.deviationtx.com/forum/custom-skins/2...themers?limitstart=0

No longer available for download...

More
18 Mar 2017 09:30 - 18 Mar 2017 09:33 #60316 by Morlacus
Sorry I had not tested the link....

I have zipped the MkDevo12lib I use. Here attached. Same for the media directory where i have included the voice.ini. I have tested the programm and made a devo12-lib.dfu. So you can try the process and the lib.
just unzip all files in the same directory. A new use of MlDevo12Lib will replace the existing one so you can rename it.

File Attachment:

File Name: media_2017-03-18.zip
File Size:423 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: devo12-lib.zip
File Size:401 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: MkDevo12Lib.zip
File Size:440 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: scripts.zip
File Size:1,979 KB

May be there could be a problem with the background image which is devo12.bmp and could have to be renamed to backgrnd.bmp.
I have not tested the lib in my devo 12

Note : May be it would be good to have this tool in the download for all devo 12s users.
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Mar 2017 09:33 by Morlacus.

More
18 Mar 2017 09:48 #60317 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Voice alerts test build
Glad to see this going forward! Two suggestions:

1) If you're going to normalize the volume (which idea I heartily endorse), normalize it to 0 (off) to 100 (full on) %, to match the channel values that deviation uses. I can see where someone might have a device where the volume depends on a channel setting, and this would work better that way.

2) My first builds had issues with the on/off audio not playing because of power/initialization issues. If the audio board was put on an independent power supply, they went away. It should take just fixing the timing, but we had bigger fish to fry at the time.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 Mar 2017 15:23 - 18 Mar 2017 15:24 #60326 by Moeder
We should just make the tool available in Downloads and add a good Wiki entry and/or manual entry with instructions on how to use it.

How do you like the mux voice feature?

And I still await feedback from users about the aux value readout, as I cannot test this in real life, as I unfortunately do not own anything besides a 7e (yet).
Last edit: 18 Mar 2017 15:24 by Moeder.

More
18 Mar 2017 15:30 #60327 by Moeder
Hey MWM,
I hope you didn't mind me messing around with your code :whistle:

Re 1) having mux feature with variable volume is an interest development idea for the future. But for now it would seem really unnecessary to have 100 volume steps in TX configuration...

Re 2) I also believe this is just a timing matter, it would take a special test build and a tx hooked up to a serial terminal or LA to see how much delay we need to introduce. But this also seems to vary between the different devo types. I could make a test build, but don't have the TXes to test this. Who can help?

mwm wrote: Glad to see this going forward! Two suggestions:

1) If you're going to normalize the volume (which idea I heartily endorse), normalize it to 0 (off) to 100 (full on) %, to match the channel values that deviation uses. I can see where someone might have a device where the volume depends on a channel setting, and this would work better that way.

2) My first builds had issues with the on/off audio not playing because of power/initialization issues. If the audio board was put on an independent power supply, they went away. It should take just fixing the timing, but we had bigger fish to fry at the time.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds