Voice alerts test build

More
18 Mar 2017 15:50 #60328 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build
Uploaded the MkDevo12Lib into the Downloads/Miscellaneous section...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2017 15:50 - 18 Mar 2017 17:40 #60329 by FDR

Moeder wrote: Re 2) I also believe this is just a timing matter, it would take a special test build and a tx hooked up to a serial terminal or LA to see how much delay we need to introduce. But this also seems to vary between the different devo types. I could make a test build, but don't have the TXes to test this. Who can help?

I can test the DEVO 8 and 12E with an external box...

EDIT: ...but it would be better if it was available in the master... ;)
Last edit: 18 Mar 2017 17:40 by FDR.

More
18 Mar 2017 16:27 #60331 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
Well, if anyone has a 8 or 12 (s/e) to spare I wouldn't mind taking it. I'd come up for postage :woohoo: :lol:

I'll try to make a test build for you...

FDR wrote: I can test the DEVO 8 and 12E with an external box...

EDIT: ...but it would be better if it was available in the mater... ;)

More
18 Mar 2017 17:14 #60336 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: We should just make the tool available in Downloads and add a good Wiki entry and/or manual entry with instructions on how to use it.

How do you like the mux voice feature? .

Yes please include somewhere instructions on how to use cause myself and others have no idea on how to..It's like trying to read Chinese to me..:(

More
18 Mar 2017 18:53 #60342 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: How do you like the mux voice feature?

I tried the mux voice on my devo 8s.

I tried on the channel 1 with a fixed value. The message is heard but not allways and not all times.The message is heard if the stick is moved slowly to the fixed value. I do not really the interest of this for stick movement. May be for pots or aux sliders on a devo 12. or for trim r and trim l if they are used .

More
19 Mar 2017 13:49 #60365 by Morlacus
i have an idea a suggestion which could be useful for absent minded pilots. it is a new custom message (which could be the first in the list B) .) It would be the name of the model and would say something like "Model 12 loaded" or better " Mustang loaded " depending on the recorded (mustang) or not recorded (Model 12) message. this could help pilots flying many models in the same flight session or remind pilots turning on thei tx for a first flight.

More
19 Mar 2017 14:02 #60366 by FDR
I don't see too much value in that.
Do you really grab the TX and a random model, and without looking at the display try to fly it? :blink:
Probably you won't do that anyway...

More
19 Mar 2017 14:43 #60367 by Moeder
This would basically be a custom voice for Binding complete. Simple to do, but really worth it?

More
19 Mar 2017 15:33 #60369 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: This would basically be a custom voice for Binding complete. Simple to do, but really worth it?

yes I think because it could remind the name of the model. But is there a binding complete message for every protocol ?

More
19 Mar 2017 16:06 #60370 by Morlacus

FDR wrote: I don't see too much value in that.
Do you really grab the TX and a random model, and without looking at the display try to fly it? :blink:
Probably you won't do that anyway...

When flying with 4 or 5 models in the same session this can happen,....

More
19 Mar 2017 21:35 #60383 by Moeder
I've attached a build for each of your transmitters. It will send on volume command and one "play message 0" command every 200 ms for 2 seconds total and is triggered as soon as the splash page opens. Please check the serial output of the PPM port (9k6) which or how many commands make their way through to the PPM port. Since the Play message commands will get queued in the audio queue, it might make sense for this test to set the first entry in global section of voice ini to
0=welcome to deviation,100

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...4c69.zip
File Size:630 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...4c69.zip
File Size:847 KB

FDR wrote: I can test the DEVO 8 and 12E with an external box...

Attachments:

More
19 Mar 2017 21:45 #60384 by FDR
Oops, I guess I need some serial to USB device for that, but I don't think I have one, but I will take a look into the drawer.
I think I have some programmers, maybe they'll do...

More
19 Mar 2017 22:20 #60386 by Moeder
They should do...or hook up a logic analyzer if available.

More
20 Mar 2017 12:08 #60416 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: I've attached a build for each of your transmitters. It will send on volume command and one "play message 0" command every 200 ms for 2 seconds total and is triggered as soon as the splash page opens. Please check the serial output of the PPM port (9k6) which or how many commands make their way through to the PPM port. Since the Play message commands will get queued in the audio queue, it might make sense for this test to set the first entry in global section of voice ini to

0=welcome to deviation,100

Tested on my devo 8
I have made a 0000 message saying 12345678910 in 1725 ms (zip attached)
With this message and a length of 1725 in the voice ini : For protocol without a binding process/screen (dsmx): 10 times 1....10
For a protocol with binding process/screen (devo)
1 - if waiting for end of binding process : binding done - 1 time 1...10
2 if clicking on ok on binding screen 10 times 1....10 - binding done.

With a 100 ms message length in the voice ini .For protocol without a binding process/screen (dsmx): 1 or 2 times 1,2 one time 1....10
Forr a protocol with binding process/screen (devo)
1 - if waiting for end of binding process : binding done - 1 time 1...10
2 if clicking on ok on binding screen 1 or 2 times 1,2 one time 1....10 - binding done.

Attachments:

More
20 Mar 2017 14:06 #60425 by Moeder
Ah... So it seems to be related weather a protocol uses auto bind or not... Maybe someone can confirm this on the regular voice build. Probably somewhere the clock gets stopped during protocol init...this will be annoying and makes even more think its not on my priority list :P

Simplest solution would probably adding a delay at startup, but this just for playing a message?....

More
21 Mar 2017 18:32 #60483 by Chabaz
Replied by Chabaz on topic Voice alerts test build
So the pre compiled dfu that supposedly has the correct files in the correct place, indeed does not, among many other missing files, and the wrong splash screen. The background of everything is black and, very difficult to navigate thru.

Also, the dfu compiler, for me, running win7 64bit, and win xp on another machine I tried, fails to produce the dfu file, as it does the double // thing in all instances and sends it off to virtual wonderland instead of someplace usable.

Anybody want an external dfplayer setup with 5v reg and 2 enclosed speakers? I've got better things to do than hang out here hoping.

Good luck, hope to see it implemented for the masses, maybe in 6.0?

Unsubd.

More
21 Mar 2017 19:49 #60484 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Voice alerts test build
I have the same trouble, tried to upload the media library to my Devo 12S with Linux (Arch) nor Windows 10.
in the terminal window I got: Dfu Tx type 'Unknown' does not match transmitter type 'Devo 12'
This is valid also for the downloaded from Morlacus, as the one I generated.

I use DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar to try to load it in the transmitter.
I also tried to exchange the devo12-lib.dfu in the deviation-devo12-v5.0.0-voice.zip to try to force it in the transmitter with no luck.

I attach here the voiceEN.zip I would like to use, hoping sombody is able to create the devo12-lib.dfu i can upload.

Thanks.
Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2017 21:38 #60489 by FDR
@Moeder
I tried your test builds on my 8 and 12E.
Saved the output with a logic analyzer, see the attached zip.

The 12E capture starts with some noise, then I switched it on. After about 0.89s there are two packages of some kind, and an other one 200ms later from the first one, but after that there is nothing. Before the packages sometimes there are some spikes.

However on the 8 I don't see packages at all, only spikes.

This is with 100KHz sampling. I tried with higher frequency too with similar results.
I used a prebound DSMX model.

On the 12E I very rarely hear the welcome message, on the 8 never.
Despite I have an outer box, the highest possibility for the welcome message is if I turn off both the TX and the box for at least 10s, then switch on the box, wait another few seconds, and then turn on the TX.

The DEVO 8 was worse.
Sometime it doesn't send the volume setting, so the first voice is loud, but at least the second is normal.
Often the whole voice stuff doesn't work, only if I switch the box off and on, of course then it starts again with high volume.
Attachments:

More
22 Mar 2017 07:52 #60501 by Morlacus

pulpfiction15 wrote: I have the same trouble, tried to upload the media library to my Devo 12S with Linux (Arch) nor Windows 10.
in the terminal window I got: Dfu Tx type 'Unknown' does not match transmitter type 'Devo 12'
This is valid also for the downloaded from Morlacus, as the one I generated.

I use DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar to try to load it in the transmitter.
I also tried to exchange the devo12-lib.dfu in the deviation-devo12-v5.0.0-voice.zip to try to force it in the transmitter with no luck.

I attach here the voiceEN.zip I would like to use, hoping sombody is able to create the devo12-lib.dfu i can upload.

Thanks.

Here is the lib.dfu
hope it will work. I changed the splash screen name.
Attachments:

More
22 Mar 2017 14:28 #60524 by Moeder
Thanks for the Logic files. Just had a quick look at them:

Devo 12E: Everything recorded is correct, the first packet after startup is the initial volume setting, the second packet immediately after that is the first welcome message. Then 200 ms later the second welcome message is sent. I have the following interpretation: the clock gets stopped or reset somewhere during Protocol initialization, that is why we only have two "play message packets" after the volume setting. I noticed the interval between volume setting and welcome message is only 3 ms, maybe this is a little bit too short for the DFPlayer. It is known that it needs a little bit after power up to be ready to receive commands.

Devo 8: Something is odd with this recording, probably signal or mass not correctly connected. We the first byte of a data packet at 1014 ms. Try re-recording (maybe also with some switch voices messages after startup) to ensure the LA is hooked up correctly.

We'll get this figured out eventually...

FDR wrote: @Moeder
I tried your test builds on my 8 and 12E.
Saved the output with a logic analyzer, see the attached zip.

The 12E capture starts with some noise, then I switched it on. After about 0.89s there are two packages of some kind, and an other one 200ms later from the first one, but after that there is nothing. Before the packages sometimes there are some spikes.

However on the 8 I don't see packages at all, only spikes.

This is with 100KHz sampling. I tried with higher frequency too with similar results.
I used a prebound DSMX model.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds