Voice alerts test build

More
24 Mar 2017 17:24 #60694 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build
Magic Marty
Sorry but if I do that I want to avoid mistakes
So the tx pin of the devo board to the rx pin of the dfplayer. Possibly the rx pin of the devo board to the tx pin of the df player (but not usefull now) and as concerns ground ? is there a ground to ground link ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2017 17:30 - 24 Mar 2017 17:33 #60695 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
Yes, devo TX to dfplayer rx and gnd to any gnd. Dfplayer communication is one way, I don't think it makes to much sense to make it two way, as it can only return volume setting, folder number and file number as numericals, so we still need to have the index (=voice.ini)

Edit: we could query busy state of the player with the return line, but if the current queue works so well, why add the complexity?
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 17:33 by Moeder.

More
24 Mar 2017 17:48 #60698 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
Yes that is how I have mine hooked up and i used the 3.3vc and ground next to the tx pin on the board to power the dfplayer

More
24 Mar 2017 18:27 #60701 by Morlacus
Thanks for your replies.
I am wondering if it would not be possible to use the ring connection of the standard ppm port of the devo 12s (which seems to be the same than the one of the 8s and the 10 and is probably not used for anything.
My idea would be to connect the tx pin of the board of the devo the the ring pin of the 12s ppm board. and use a stereo cable.
Do you think that would work and would there be any danger for the tx ?

Included the shema provided by deal57 (forget the yellow strap)
Attachments:

More
24 Mar 2017 18:38 - 24 Mar 2017 18:43 #60702 by Moeder
I guess you could, but it doesn't make any sense to me. With the current 12 wiring you could actually use ppm and voice at the same time when the code is updated. I guess we could move ppm output to the UART on the 12 as well and you could rewire your ppm port to reflect the change and have the same functionality as the other devos, but I don't see too many users doing that, as most would prefer preserving ppm usage and adding the dfplayer, as it is as simple as adding a module.

edit: oh, just saw the schematic you attached. Yes, if ring is not connected on the 12, wiring TX there would work just fine. Inside your voice box you can just connect tip and ring then and it should work on all of your devos.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 18:43 by Moeder.

More
24 Mar 2017 19:10 #60703 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: Yes, if ring is not connected on the 12, wiring TX there would work just fine. Inside your voice box you can just connect tip and ring then and it should work on all of your devos.

But then you need to make the PPM output pin into input, so it could be connected together...

More
24 Mar 2017 19:45 #60704 by magic_marty
Hooking up to the 12 couldn't be more simple the tx pin is already soldered to the board just plug on to it...changing that will complicate things even more and nobody will want to use the voice builds

More
24 Mar 2017 19:56 #60705 by FDR
Yep, I would be more then happy if my transmitters would have an available separate output for the voices instead of using up the PPM port for that... :S

More
24 Mar 2017 20:29 - 24 Mar 2017 20:30 #60706 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Voice alerts test build
@Morlacus,

I think it is worth to invest in another dfplayer, i have 3. One in the Devo12S i use in the field, end in my devo6 I use for indoor flights and simulator and a second devo6 that my dougther is using for FPV flying.
Especialy when flighing FPV the voice module is very very useful. The speakers are mounted in the backcover of the transmitter.
In orer to make some test you even do not need to solder anything in the 12S. You can use an servo cable en plug it in the ground, TX, RX have pins and are side by side. Good luck for whatever you choose.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 20:30 by pulpfiction15.

More
24 Mar 2017 22:12 #60707 by Morlacus
Thanks a lot for all your adivices.
But first and good news : I got SOUNDS from my devo 12s :cheer: :cheer:

Exact, the use of the 2 pins rx and ground is very easy; a servo plug can be used...Now it is clear that if it is possible to have the ppm function with the voice device that is a good argument. I am somewhat reluctant to make holes in my tx but adding a jack is very simple... So let's see..The most difficult is to open or close the TX...(15 screws...);)

More
24 Mar 2017 22:41 #60708 by Moeder
I'm glad the only code change will be enabling ppm output on devo12 all the time ;)

Something else:
I borrowed a little bit from the Amber Voice pack for OpenTX and compiled a list of potential messages for a standard set. It can be seen and edited here , feel free to add or remove or comment messages. The set is quite huge, but indeed covers many scenarios.

More
24 Mar 2017 23:52 #60709 by magic_marty
I a weird kind of way it's almost like those pins were put there for the dfplayer...:)

More
25 Mar 2017 04:39 #60712 by magic_marty
When i try to use the MKdevo tool i select it and it asks to select the media file which i do and then it says it created a lib.dfu in the directory but no file is created so could somebody please tell me what i am doing wrong? I have tried several different ways and it never generates the lib.dfu file..

More
25 Mar 2017 07:34 - 25 Mar 2017 07:38 #60714 by Morlacus
have you read the following post
www.deviationtx.com/forum/custom-skins/2...themers?limitstart=0

For me it works like that
I have in the same directory : The program MkDevo12Lib, the scripts directory and my media directory.
I launch the program. A dos (black) window appears and goes and its done.

There is a warning if the devo12.bmp file is not in the media directory. So keep it and add a copy named backgrnd. bmp.

Edit : I see that the script directory is not included in the download on the forum downloads. It would be good to put it with the program. Could also be included instructions from the first post of PhracturedBlue

I have put the script directory as an attachment in a preceding post.
Last edit: 25 Mar 2017 07:38 by Morlacus.

More
25 Mar 2017 08:06 - 25 Mar 2017 08:17 #60716 by magic_marty
I don't get any type of black dos window just a small window with all the directories on my laptop and it says to select the media directory the after selecting it a box appears saying it created the library file but nothing is created..
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2017 08:17 by magic_marty.

More
25 Mar 2017 09:56 - 25 Mar 2017 10:55 #60721 by Morlacus
Well if all the necessary stuff is in the same directory (see attachment mklib1.jpg)
if you select the media directory from the browser
and if no dos windows appears (see mklib.jpg)

May be you could try to create the directory direct on the root of your disc - some who had problem try it

After that I have no more ideas:(

EDIT . One more thing : It seems that the name of the directory where you put all necessary files should not have spaces in its name.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2017 10:55 by Morlacus.

More
25 Mar 2017 15:45 - 25 Mar 2017 15:48 #60731 by Morlacus
First tries with my devo 12s
I have a battery alarm which does not work . I have alarms over the threshold for example alarm 3.75 for 3.65 tixed

Without connection with voice when pressing the screen on the volt indication another volt indication appears. What does it means ?
Last edit: 25 Mar 2017 15:48 by Morlacus.

More
25 Mar 2017 18:08 #60737 by FDR

Moeder wrote: Did you check if all beeps work when voice is not defined or a ppm mode activated?

- When voice is not defined in the hardware.ini the beeps and vibration do work.
- When voice is defined, but it's volume setting is off, the beeps and vibration do work.
- However when voice is on, but PPM protocol or just PPM IN is selected, then there are no beeps nor vibration. Of course there are no voices either, since the TX outputs or awaits PPM instead...

More
25 Mar 2017 19:56 - 25 Mar 2017 22:07 #60739 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build

Morlacus wrote: Thanks for your replies.
I am wondering if it would not be possible to use the ring connection of the standard ppm port of the devo 12s (which seems to be the same than the one of the 8s and the 10 and is probably not used for anything.
My idea would be to connect the tx pin of the board of the devo the the ring pin of the 12s ppm board. and use a stereo cable.
Do you think that would work and would there be any danger for the tx ?

Included the shema provided by deal57 (forget the yellow strap)

As near as I can tell the Ring pin isn't used for anything. The "stock" wiring is below. The ring isn't connected to anything in the Devo. The Tip is used for TX (from the 6s, 7e, 8s and 10 Devo) and that's what I connect to the RX of the DFPlayer. With or without the strap, the DSC port isn't set up to connect the RX (from the Devo) to anything but Ground. IIUC the stock firmware uses it to detect an external connection.

With some luck I'll get this connected internally in my 12e so I can document the wiring. It uses a different jack.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2017 22:07 by Deal57. Reason: 12E uses different jack.

More
25 Mar 2017 20:06 #60741 by magic_marty

Morlacus wrote: Well if all the necessary stuff is in the same directory (see attachment mklib1.jpg)
if you select the media directory from the browser
and if no dos windows appears (see mklib.jpg)

May be you could try to create the directory direct on the root of your disc - some who had problem try it

After that I have no more ideas:(

EDIT . One more thing : It seems that the name of the directory where you put all necessary files should not have spaces in its name.

Still no luck i tried putting the media and script files in a separate directory with the MK and it says it generated the lib.dfu but nothing appears so i tried putting the media and script plus the MK directly on the C root drive and still does the same ...Also tried putting them on a external thumb drive and again says generated the file but nothing appears...:(

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds