Voice alerts test build

More
24 Mar 2017 05:05 - 24 Mar 2017 05:52 #60662 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
i reloaded the library file from page 22 and now the background is back to normal but only a few of the voice alerts actually match what is selected on the voice menu..example when i select "low travel" it says "flight mode activated" ect the only ones that work correctly is the low,medium,high rate selections....inactivity alarm is working and the timer expire alarms work..

EDIT: Just noticed that my transmitter config page is also not correct it is the same as Morlacus config page..I used the lib.dfu uploaded on page 22 post #60501

If me and Morlacus are using the same library could it be why the transmitter config on both our 12's is messed up?
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 05:52 by magic_marty.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2017 06:26 #60663 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
I tried keeping everything in #ifdef to preserve space restricted 7e builds. Only some of the early changes by mwm/phantom-8 which added some global alerts are general and my addition of some transmitter configuration items.

I know the code is not perfect concerning the handling of selecting buzzer and voice which can be set in sound ini, but that is nothing major really, as long as everything works if you turn voice off in hardware.ini - I do not want to break existing features and usability.

victzh wrote: The majority of changes are in #ifdefs, so it should be easy to turn it off in case of something going out of hand with this code. I will look through the changes anyways.

More
24 Mar 2017 06:30 - 24 Mar 2017 06:31 #60664 by Moeder
@morlacus: please check both custom entries in voice.ini and custom mp3s start with ID 200, remember we transitioned from 160 to 200, and if they don't match it won't work. Did you check any global alerts, for example battery alerts? These should work nonetheless.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 06:31 by Moeder.

More
24 Mar 2017 07:56 #60668 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: @morlacus: please check both custom entries in voice.ini and custom mp3s start with ID 200, remember we transitioned from 160 to 200, and if they don't match it won't work. Did you check any global alerts, for example battery alerts? These should work nonetheless.

Checked and re-checked. The voice ini and the sound box with the mp3 files I use for my devo 12 are those which work perfectly for my devo 8s. checked the voice=dfplayer. No sound at all No battery alert. Do you think that the fact that the ppm port works correcly in ppm use (tested in receiver from another tx in training mode and sender in using a external Anylink module ) means that it works correctly for voices ?

More
24 Mar 2017 08:13 #60669 by Moeder
Hmm..odd. The voice feature just set's a different baudrate for the trainer port before using it to send data packets. Try the attached dev build and check datalog output please.

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...228c.zip
File Size:1,663 KB
Attachments:

More
24 Mar 2017 08:34 #60670 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build

Morlacus wrote:

Moeder wrote: @morlacus: please check both custom entries in voice.ini and custom mp3s start with ID 200, remember we transitioned from 160 to 200, and if they don't match it won't work. Did you check any global alerts, for example battery alerts? These should work nonetheless.

Checked and re-checked. The voice ini and the sound box with the mp3 files I use for my devo 12 are those which work perfectly for my devo 8s. checked the voice=dfplayer. No sound at all No battery alert. Do you think that the fact that the ppm port works correcly in ppm use (tested in receiver from another tx in training mode and sender in using a external Anylink module ) means that it works correctly for voices ?

Do you have your voice.ini in the library's media folder?
Does it and the modified hardware.ini have proper line endings (LF only)?
Have you checked if the TX has the proper fw version on the USB screen?
Have you checked the voice volume setting in the transmitter config?

I've run out of ideas... ;)

More
24 Mar 2017 08:44 #60671 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Voice alerts test build
@magic_marty please note that I have modified the custom entries for me, I am only flying heli's and drones, so you have to use the lib with the mp3 folder I have uploaded! I think that is why you have this mismatch.

More
24 Mar 2017 09:48 - 24 Mar 2017 09:49 #60672 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: Hmm..odd. The voice feature just set's a different baudrate for the trainer port before using it to send data packets. Try the attached dev build and check datalog output please.

File Attachment:

File Name: deviation-...228c.zip
File Size:1,663 KB

Thanks for all your efforts. May be I missed something very simple - I hope
I have tested the firmware. I have also made a fresh lib from the media of the voice emulator plus my sound list.
Here are the results
after opening the tx : screen 1 - No sound
if moving a switch without sound : same
Once moved a switch with sound : screen 2 and 3. Never stopping

For FDR thanks to your suggestions. For me all is checked and was transfered from my devo 8 sounding.

I have noticed something : My sound box has a led showing it is on. With my devo 8 with sound, if I shut down the sound box, the led stays slightly lit as long as plugged on the tx This probably shows a current in the plug.
With my devo 12. Same manip : voice waited : the led does not shine at all when the sound box is shut down which may show that there is no current at all
If the protocol of the model is set to ppm the led of my sound box is slightly lit when the sound box is shut down so current in the plug

I do not know if that can help .....
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 09:49 by Morlacus.

More
24 Mar 2017 10:13 #60673 by Moeder
Just had a quick look, there seems to be a difference in port setup between devo 12 and others. Trainer out is wired to GpioA8, while all others use gpioA9 (usart1tx)... See wiki. But where does gpioA9 get wired to on a devo12? And why does it work for pulpfiction15? Maybe you should compare how you hooked up the player...

More
24 Mar 2017 10:33 #60674 by pulpfiction15
@moeder,

for your info, I build the dfplayer in the transmitter (not connected to the trainer port) I soldered it to the TX pin.

More
24 Mar 2017 10:38 #60675 by Moeder
Thought so. Where does the tx pin go to?

More
24 Mar 2017 10:44 #60676 by Morlacus

pulpfiction15 wrote: @moeder,

for your info, I build the dfplayer in the transmitter (not connected to the trainer port) I soldered it to the TX pin.

I missed to ask this question I wanted to...:(

More
24 Mar 2017 13:02 #60681 by Morlacus

magic_marty wrote: Have some success to report ..I opened up my 12 and hooked directly to the board on the 3.3v GND and the TX and RX then the mini player works as should..It doesn't play anything when powering on while hooked to the 3.3v on the board but powering the mini player with a external battery it plays a voice alert powering on...all the timers voice alerts works as should and powering down it says "Goodbye" ...Also it announces when model is bound using a protocol that counts down the binding sequence ,all while hooked to the 3.3v on the tx board...here is a pic of the pins i hooked it to...as of now i have no need for external power source or a 5v step up it seems to be working fine other then announcing "Welcome to deviation" during power up..
EDIT: I also pulled up the board to see what kind of buzzer it has and it is a small peizo buzzer i measured it with calipers and it is 11.79mm so i am pretty sure finding a speaker that small is pretty much not going to happen so i will have to figure out some other way to mount a speaker , perhaps in the bottom of the tx vented out the base...I am really looking forward to future developments in the voice build and excited to see just how far it will progress..
Going to find one of those talking birthday cards and remove the speaker to see how it does soon as i find one..

I find your description in an old post.
Is this the way your dfplayer is linked to your devo12s ?
which pin of the board do you connect to the RX pin of the dfplayer ?

Is it possible to imagin to connect the pin of the board you use to the ppm port board ?

More
24 Mar 2017 13:37 #60682 by pulpfiction15
@Molacus, you have plenty of room in the 12S to build it in, it is more practical than having it outside.
I have glued the dfplayer with double side tape on the circuit board of the transmitter, at the bottom where there is rubber cover in the part (covering to holes that I cut out) so that i can access the micro sd card from the outside.
Attachments:

More
24 Mar 2017 14:11 #60683 by Moeder
Nice of you to dig up that old post, while reading up the first three pages of the thread it suddenly all makes sense. Devo12 uses a different pin for trainer port out, that is why magic_marty back then had trouble getting it to work. He had success using the internal "TX" pin which is the same as the trainer out on the other devos. So I guess we have to
a) change standard external audio output on devo12 builds to use it's trainer output
b) add config option in hardware.ini to have different output pin for devo12 users mounting internally and using the TX-pin on the mainboard (similar to devo7e-256 using uart5). I'll make universal alternate-port line for both of these cases (7e-256 and devo12 that is).

More
24 Mar 2017 15:49 #60686 by Morlacus

pulpfiction15 wrote: @Molacus, you have plenty of room in the 12S to build it in, it is more practical than having it outside.
I have glued the dfplayer with double side tape on the circuit board of the transmitter, at the bottom where there is rubber cover in the part (covering to holes that I cut out) so that i can access the micro sd card from the outside.

Thanks for your suggestion . In fact I prefer have all in a separate box to use it indiferently on my devo 8s and my devo 12s. But I'll think about it. Where is your speaker in your assembly ?

More
24 Mar 2017 15:52 #60687 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: Nice of you to dig up that old post, while reading up the first three pages of the thread it suddenly all makes sense. Devo12 uses a different pin for trainer port out, that is why magic_marty back then had trouble getting it to work. He had success using the internal "TX" pin which is the same as the trainer out on the other devos. So I guess we have to
a) change standard external audio output on devo12 builds to use it's trainer output
b) add config option in hardware.ini to have different output pin for devo12 users mounting internally and using the TX-pin on the mainboard (similar to devo7e-256 using uart5). I'll make universal alternate-port line for both of these cases (7e-256 and devo12 that is).

Glad to see that thing advance :) So if I understand it will be possible to use the trainer output for the devo 12s That would be great.

More
24 Mar 2017 16:17 - 24 Mar 2017 16:19 #60689 by Moeder
I just went through the code, I don't think we can do it with the trainer port on the 12S. PPMout on the devos uses the trainer port, but it bit-bangs the necessary PWM output. For serial communications with DFplayer or AudioFX, we need a UART, and on the devo12 this is not wired to the trainer port. So for devo12 it will be internal or nothing (or add another 3.5 mm jack wired to TX/RX internally).

edit: at a price of less than 3$/3€ for a dfplayer I would invest in another one, the 12s has plenty of space indeed.
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 16:19 by Moeder.

More
24 Mar 2017 16:48 - 24 Mar 2017 16:49 #60690 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build

Morlacus wrote:

magic_marty wrote: Have some success to report ..I opened up my 12 and hooked directly to the board on the 3.3v GND and the TX and RX then the mini player works as should..It doesn't play anything when powering on while hooked to the 3.3v on the board but powering the mini player with a external battery it plays a voice alert powering on...all the timers voice alerts works as should and powering down it says "Goodbye" ...Also it announces when model is bound using a protocol that counts down the binding sequence ,all while hooked to the 3.3v on the tx board...here is a pic of the pins i hooked it to...as of now i have no need for external power source or a 5v step up it seems to be working fine other then announcing "Welcome to deviation" during power up..
EDIT: I also pulled up the board to see what kind of buzzer it has and it is a small peizo buzzer i measured it with calipers and it is 11.79mm so i am pretty sure finding a speaker that small is pretty much not going to happen so i will have to figure out some other way to mount a speaker , perhaps in the bottom of the tx vented out the base...I am really looking forward to future developments in the voice build and excited to see just how far it will progress..
Going to find one of those talking birthday cards and remove the speaker to see how it does soon as i find one..

I find your description in an old post.
Is this the way your dfplayer is linked to your devo12s ?
which pin of the board do you connect to the RX pin of the dfplayer ?

Is it possible to imagin to connect the pin of the board you use to the ppm port board ?

Yes i hooked to the tx/rx pins directly to the main board...As for the RX pin i hooked it to the tx pin on the dfplayer all tho i don't believe it is neccessary to have the rx pin hooked up i just hooked it up thinking perhaps someday we could have a way to access the SD card thru the transmitter usb and not have to remove the card anymore...
Last edit: 24 Mar 2017 16:49 by magic_marty. Reason: typo

More
24 Mar 2017 16:52 #60691 by Morlacus
Ok if not possible I'll do as it is possible. may be another jack. But I need to know how to wire that. The two pins which link the dfplayer to the devo are ground and Rx so I suppose that ground goes to ground and Rx ? or something else ?

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds