Voice alerts test build

More
22 Mar 2017 14:39 - 22 Mar 2017 14:42 #60527 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
This has nothing to do with the voice alert feature, as it is based on current nightlies. So anything related to library problems is not really a voice-feature issue and I'm sorry I cannot help on Devo12S stuff, as I do not own this TX or have any experience with it (besides emulator)
We might include a standard voice.ini with english MP3 labels in future builds and offer matching voice set downloads on the homepage with different language mp3s using the same set of commands, but this would require having or rather agreeing on a useful standard set of MP3 messages for a broad set of models. But although I requested input on this matter more than once, I have not gotten a single answer or PM concerning this. Just give me your favorite messages, I'll throw them together and we'll have a voice.ini suitable for many cases, as it won't hurt having a couple more messages available, there is plenty of space available on even an 16 MB MicroSD (if those even exist ;) )

Chabaz wrote: So the pre compiled dfu that supposedly has the correct files in the correct place, indeed does not, among many other missing files, and the wrong splash screen. The background of everything is black and, very difficult to navigate thru.

Also, the dfu compiler, for me, running win7 64bit, and win xp on another machine I tried, fails to produce the dfu file, as it does the double // thing in all instances and sends it off to virtual wonderland instead of someplace usable.

Anybody want an external dfplayer setup with 5v reg and 2 enclosed speakers? I've got better things to do than hang out here hoping.

Good luck, hope to see it implemented for the masses, maybe in 6.0?

Unsubd.

Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 14:42 by Moeder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2017 15:06 - 22 Mar 2017 15:07 #60532 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build
I don't think there is any problems with the rig, but of course I will recheck.
I connected the same plug to both the 12E and the 8, and did that several times to make sure, and the results were always the same.
The straight line shows, that the connection is there, otherwise the whole sample would contain only noise...
Next time I will try to connect both the analyzer and the DFPlayer to hear while sampling.

As I wrote about the experiences with my outer DFPlayer box with the 8, that was much more problematic too: no welcome message ever, often even missed the volume setting too, or there were cases, when the whole voice thing didn't work on it.
Note, that on the 8 it takes more time to display tha main screen: it has to draw a large background bitmap image, plus quite a few widgets on it. It takes almost 2 seconds...
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 15:07 by FDR.

More
22 Mar 2017 15:58 - 22 Mar 2017 15:58 #60537 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build

FDR wrote:
As I wrote about the experiences with my outer DFPlayer box with the 8, that was much more problematic too: no welcome message ever, often even missed the volume setting too, or there were cases, when the whole voice thing didn't work on it.
Note, that on the 8 it takes more time to display tha main screen: it has to draw a large background bitmap image, plus quite a few widgets on it. It takes almost 2 seconds...

No problem of this sort with my devo 8s and my external box. The opening speed of the TX is normal. I have the welcome message (delayed by the binding screen) and the binding message All message for swiches work perfectly
As said before I never heard saving when changing model (not very interesting) and I have lost the goodbye message I had on the first builds (may be too long delayed)
Timers alarw work well I have never tested telemetry
My only resisting bug is the Rud dr position message sent on the opening of the TX (immedialely on switching on) when the throttle is on some positions (see post above)
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 15:58 by Morlacus.

More
22 Mar 2017 16:15 #60538 by FDR
OK, I will try it with a fresh default model config too, if that makes any difference...

More
22 Mar 2017 16:53 #60545 by Moeder
I just noticed MUSIC_SAVING is only implemented for B&W transmitters ( see GitHub )
Maybe FDR or someone else has time to add this to color screens, as it is obviously missing

So maybe the welcome message issue is just related to power-on issues of DFPlayer? I propose to not dig any deeper in this issue, if FDR get's his working ;)

Morlacus wrote: As said before I never heard saving when changing model (not very interesting) and I have lost the goodbye message I had on the first builds (may be too long delayed)
Timers alarw work well I have never tested telemetry
My only resisting bug is the Rud dr position message sent on the opening of the TX (immedialely on switching on) when the throttle is on some positions (see post above)

More
22 Mar 2017 17:03 #60546 by FDR

Moeder wrote: So maybe the welcome message issue is just related to power-on issues of DFPlayer? I propose to not dig any deeper in this issue, if FDR get's his working ;)

I'm not sure.
I don't necessarily get the welcome message even if I turn on my DFPlayer way before the TX.
However if you are about the time between the volume command and the welcome message right after that, that might play a role indeed...

More
22 Mar 2017 17:06 #60548 by FDR

Moeder wrote: I just noticed MUSIC_SAVING is only implemented for B&W transmitters ( see GitHub )
Maybe FDR or someone else has time to add this to color screens, as it is obviously missing

I will, but I think that can wait until the code will be merged...

More
22 Mar 2017 18:43 #60556 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Voice alerts test build
@Morlacus

I have tried to load the devo12-lib.dfu, you have generated for me, in my transmitter, i still get ; Error: Dfu Tx type 'Unknown' does not match transmitter type 'Devo 12'
:oops:

More
22 Mar 2017 19:24 - 22 Mar 2017 19:45 #60560 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build

pulpfiction15 wrote: @Morlacus

I have tried to load the devo12-lib.dfu, you have generated for me, in my transmitter, i still get ; Error: Dfu Tx type 'Unknown' does not match transmitter type 'Devo 12'
:oops:

Just tried it - first try for my devo 12s. It works.
I have the voice menus and the voice ini is there :I see the texts.

Do you put the lib.dfu in the TX by DevoDfuSe and in it the library tab and upgrade ?

For Moeder
I changed the firmware, the lib, put voice=dfplayer in the hardware.ini and plugged my sound box which works with my devo 8sin the dsc plug and have no sound at all. where am I wrong ?
just checked the voice section is correct in my model.ini
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 19:45 by Morlacus.

More
22 Mar 2017 19:38 #60561 by pulpfiction15
@Morlacus

I am using DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar and then in the tab DFU i select the librery file to upload.

More
22 Mar 2017 19:49 #60563 by Moeder
You have to be in the "Install/Upgrade" tab, check "Install library" and then select the library dfu in the "filesystem" field, if I'm not mistaken.

More
22 Mar 2017 19:50 #60564 by Moeder
I don't know, has someone else been successful with a devo12?

Morlacus wrote: I changed the firmware, the lib, put voice=dfplayer in the hardware.ini and plugged my sound box which works with my devo 8sin the dsc plug and have no sound at all. where am I wrong ?
just checked the voice section is correct in my model.ini

More
22 Mar 2017 20:16 - 22 Mar 2017 20:17 #60565 by FDR
I repeated the test, but the results are the same.
This time I exported more captures:
- devo12e_on1, devo12e_on2, and devo12e_on3 are logs from the 12E turning on;
- devo8_on1, devo8_on2 are logs from DEVO 8 turning on;
- devo8_hrs1, devo8_hrs2 are logs from DEVO saying "high rate selected";
- devo8_lrs1, devo8_lrs2 are logs from DEVO saying "low rate selected".

There is again nothing on the turning on captures of the DEVO 8, just random spikes after it gets to high level.
On the other hand now I have a different turning on capture of the 12E: devo12e_on1 has more messages then before, the first one has fallen into the spikes.
Probably this was a rare case, when there was a welcome message (I couldn't yet solve to hear and capture continuously).

I recorded the normal sounds of the DEVO 8 to show that it is working, and there is no problem with the test rig.
They all show almost the same: two messages and some random spikes. The first message is probably the voice itself, the second is the volume command.
However there was a special capture again: on the devo8_lrs1 there are 3 commands.

Why are there so many spikes I wonder? Don't they mess up the communication?
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 20:17 by FDR.

More
22 Mar 2017 20:28 - 22 Mar 2017 20:31 #60568 by FDR
Well, at least I've got the reason of the spikes: it's me.
If I touch the TX there are spikes. If I turned it on only touching the plastic on switch, there are no spikes, so don't mind them...

EDIT: Do you want me to redo the captures without the spikes?
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 20:31 by FDR.

More
22 Mar 2017 20:33 #60569 by Moeder
:P LOL...

Well,did you reinstall your devo8? (complete format?) I wonder why Morlacus has no issues...

More
22 Mar 2017 20:35 #60570 by pulpfiction15
@moeder;

When the voice.ini (music.map) was in the root it worked nicely on my 12s.
With voice.ini moved to the media folder i am strugling, to get it working :S

More
22 Mar 2017 20:40 #60571 by FDR
I don't see what would that give.
The USB screen clearly shows the proper version, and before that it had no voices at all, but now all the custom (like switches) and built in voices (like timers, alarms) do work, except the welcome and goodbye messages, and the proper volume setting on startup sometime...

More
22 Mar 2017 20:42 #60573 by Moeder
I know...but that is not the root of the problem. Something is wrong with you deviation upgrade setup

More
22 Mar 2017 20:43 #60574 by Moeder
I'm sorry, I had mistaken you for Morlacus, he was the one having trouble on his 12s ...

FDR wrote: I don't see what would that give.
The USB screen clearly shows the proper version, and before that it had no voices at all, but now all the custom (like switches) and built in voices (like timers, alarms) do work, except the welcome and goodbye messages, and the proper volume setting on startup sometime...

More
22 Mar 2017 20:51 - 22 Mar 2017 20:51 #60575 by FDR
No problem.
I still don't understand though why his DEVO 8 outputs the test messages on startup, but mine doesn't...
Last edit: 22 Mar 2017 20:51 by FDR.

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds