Voice alerts test build

More
27 Mar 2017 17:17 #60814 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: What do the two voltages mean? Which one needs an alert? Or is it needed on both?

Really I don't know, I have just discovered it two days ago and this is not documented in the manual. The question is what do they represent ? In my opinion one would be good. and the alarm on it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2017 18:55 - 27 Mar 2017 19:15 #60819 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Voice alerts test build
@Moeder,

I made the 'upgrades' dated 26 Mar, all good on the devo6 and the Devo12 ;)

@Molacus,
Did you check the real voltage, and compare it to the displayed value, I have it also that the voltage drops when I touch the screen.

@magic_marty,
I have put the media and script folder as also the MkDevo12Lib.exe file on a SD Card.
Run the MkDevo12Lib.exe as administrator. It works on older Windows machines (32bit) and Windows 10 (64bit).
Last edit: 27 Mar 2017 19:15 by pulpfiction15.

More
27 Mar 2017 20:06 #60821 by Morlacus

pulpfiction15 wrote:
@Morlacus,
Did you check the real voltage, and compare it to the displayed value, I have it also that the voltage drops when I touch the screen.

No and I don't know how to do that, the difference between the 2 displays is very small (.10 to .12 volts ) and measuring a value on the battery will not be a proof of the good value. The best would be that a developper who knows why there is a double display explains the reason why.

More
28 Mar 2017 00:53 #60828 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Voice alerts test build

Morlacus wrote: As concerns battery voltage display, the devo 12 has a double display. the second can be seen when pressing the voltage display.

I went to see if I could figure out what it was for you, but I can't reproduce that behavior using the emulator (don't have a 12) build of the latest master branch. So, could you:

1) verify that it happens if you use a default model file with no edits? If that doesn't have the issue, then post the misbehaving model.ini file. Otherwise

2) Try the nightly build of the emulator. If you see the problem there, provide a more detailed description of how you get to the voltage. Otherwise

3) Try the nightly build on your Tx and let us know what happened.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
28 Mar 2017 04:33 #60833 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build

pulpfiction15 wrote: @Moeder,

I made the 'upgrades' dated 26 Mar, all good on the devo6 and the Devo12 ;)

@Molacus,

@magic_marty,
I have put the media and script folder as also the MkDevo12Lib.exe file on a SD Card.
Run the MkDevo12Lib.exe as administrator. It works on older Windows machines (32bit) and Windows 10 (64bit).

Did exactly as you described (put all files on SD card right clicked MK.exe select run as admin) and it says it created the file but nothing appears...I will try it on my old desktop running WinXP pro ..My laptop is running Win10 64bit ...Maybe it will work on my older pc

More
28 Mar 2017 05:28 #60834 by magic_marty
Finally figured it out...OMG the script file was in a file named script so i removed it and now it works..But now my screen is black again and i can't remember how to get the blue background back...i tried renaming the devo12 file but it wont work..Could somebody lease tell me which file i need to rename and what to name it..?

More
28 Mar 2017 06:29 - 28 Mar 2017 06:31 #60838 by Morlacus

magic_marty wrote: Finally figured it out...OMG the script file was in a file named script so i removed it and now it works..But now my screen is black again and i can't remember how to get the blue background back...i tried renaming the devo12 file but it wont work..Could somebody lease tell me which file i need to rename and what to name it..?

You need to have in your media directory a file named devo12.bmp just to please the programm and the blue background which was named devo12.bmp has to be renamed backgrnd.bmp. So copy devo12.bmp and rename it backgrnd.bmp
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 06:31 by Morlacus.

More
28 Mar 2017 06:58 #60839 by magic_marty
like this?
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2017 07:06 - 28 Mar 2017 07:22 #60840 by magic_marty
Tried copy and rename the devo12 and still black backgrnd ..do i need to put the .bmp at the end of the name of the file?

Got it working i removed the .bmp from the devo12 and backgrnd files and now i have the blue background again...
Thanks for helping..
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 07:22 by magic_marty.

More
28 Mar 2017 07:29 - 28 Mar 2017 07:38 #60843 by Morlacus

magic_marty wrote: Tried copy and rename the devo12 and still black backgrnd ..do i need to put the .bmp at the end of the name of the file?

Would be simpler if you have all extensions of files appearing
So go to files options and unmark "Hide file extensions for known file type" then you should see the full name of your files" and give a new screenshot

Please to see that it works
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 07:38 by Morlacus.

More
28 Mar 2017 07:29 #60844 by magic_marty
on the transmitter menu>input monitor i have 25 ch1 sliders does anybody else have this? As far as i can tell it is not causing any problems just kind of weird..

More
28 Mar 2017 07:34 #60845 by Morlacus

mwm wrote: I went to see if I could figure out what it was for you, but I can't reproduce that behavior using the emulator (don't have a 12) build of the latest master branch. So, could you:
1) verify that it happens if you use a default model file with no edits? If that doesn't have the issue, then post the misbehaving model.ini file. Otherwise
2) Try the nightly build of the emulator. If you see the problem there, provide a more detailed description of how you get to the voltage. Otherwise
3) Try the nightly build on your Tx and let us know what happened.

1 It happens with every model and also a default
2 tried with nightly build (firmware and library)dated 20-3 same process
3 re tried with original devo 5.00 firmware : same. It seems that this is a feature of 5.00 release.
Inclused a mp4 showing the manip
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2017 07:37 #60846 by magic_marty

Morlacus wrote:

magic_marty wrote: Tried copy and rename the devo12 and still black backgrnd ..do i need to put the .bmp at the end of the name of the file?

Would be simpler if you have all extensions of files appearing
So go to files options and unmark "Hide file extensions for known file type" then you should see the full name of your files" and give a new screenshot

Got it...thanks
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2017 08:10 - 28 Mar 2017 08:11 #60847 by Morlacus
Moeder,
a little bug on devo 12s
The voices work when ppm in use but the voice menu is not accessible :ohmy: replaced by the external voice not available while ppm in use
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 08:11 by Morlacus.

More
28 Mar 2017 08:24 #60848 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
@magic_marty : glad you got it working

@morlacus : of course... will be fixed in next build.

More
28 Mar 2017 08:56 #60849 by Morlacus

magic_marty wrote: on the transmitter menu>input monitor i have 25 ch1 sliders does anybody else have this? As far as i can tell it is not causing any problems just kind of weird..

I confirm i have the same thing
Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2017 18:28 - 28 Mar 2017 18:29 #60865 by Moeder
I can confirm your finding and while testing found another bug with the input monitor. It can be reproduced on all color screens, although it is a rather cosmetic issue, as it won't hurt functionality. I opened two issues at Github .
I uploaded new builds, so now the voice menu should be available all the time for Devo12.

Off-topic:
@FDR: while we are at it: can we at some useful labels to Issues to differentiate between. Maybe "Minor" "Major" "Color GUI" "B&W GUI" "Protocol"?
Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 18:29 by Moeder. Reason: uploaded new builds

More
28 Mar 2017 18:58 #60867 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: @FDR: while we are at it: can we at some useful labels to Issues to differentiate between. Maybe "Minor" "Major" "Color GUI" "B&W GUI" "Protocol"?

Done.
What else do you need?
I also simplified the default label set, i.e. deleted a few to ease the choice...

More
28 Mar 2017 19:03 #60868 by Moeder
Thanks! I still need a devo12 :P
Those were the ones I could just think of but I'm sure they are far from exhaustive

More
28 Mar 2017 19:40 #60870 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: Thanks! I still need a devo12 :P

Me too...
...and many more things! ;)

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds