Voice alerts test build

More
07 Jul 2017 05:11 #63325 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote:

sfersystem wrote:

magic_marty wrote: Is there any way to add a way to the voltage/telemetry alarms where the voltage set to trigger has to stay below for a certain amount of seconds before the alarm triggers..?

+1
This would be a very useful improvement
it would be great !

I like the idea and will take a look into it, but it won't be until a couple of weeks. It's summer and there's so many things to do...like flying toys :P

There is no problem, i thank you in advance, it's cool if u take a look.

I've posted here too
www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/7216-conditions-for-alerts

thx +++

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2017 20:00 #63339 by jejeg
Replied by jejeg on topic Voice alerts test build
Thanks Moeder :)

More
07 Jul 2017 21:32 - 07 Jul 2017 21:53 #63340 by Boloudakis
Replied by Boloudakis on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi Everyone,

I bought the equipment (dfplayer, speaker for taranis from banggood), I managed to fit everything inside the case of my Devo 7e (already has 4in1 and 2x3 extra switches ).
I have connected everything according to the diagram on the wiki:

- DSC port TX (when not inserted) to dfplayer RX - Tried both with 1Koh and without resistor, no results
- DSC port RX (when not inserted) to dfplayer TX - Tried with or without the Rx connected, no results
- DSC port Ground/Shield to dfplayer ground
- I provide 5v power and ground to dfplayer
- I have connected the speaker
- I have loaded the folder with the mp3s inside the card (/Mp3)
- I copied the voice.ini in the media folder
- I have the version deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-voice (v5.0.0-73adafd)
- I have configured the hardware.ini (removed the ";" and set voice=dfplayer)

When I ground the ADKEY1 it works (plays the first mp3 "Welcome to Deviation" and I get the blue led) but no sound when I interact with the transmitter (turn on /off, set volume etc.). I have built a model5.map for switches but still no sound.

When I plug the DSC usb cable works great with simulators.

Could be the dfplayer? How can I test if the Devo talks to the dfplayer?

Many thanks in advance and congratulations for the great job!
Last edit: 07 Jul 2017 21:53 by Boloudakis.

More
08 Jul 2017 01:18 #63343 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
The fact that you can produce an MP3 sound when you short the ADKEY1 means that the power and speaker is set up and the dfplayer is finding the MP3 folder and files. Good.

Hardware: sounds ok. I have had best results using a lower voltage, say about 4.2v rather than 5v. I discourage the use of a direct Vbatt connection, and most of the regulators in the 7e are already maxed out, so it's good to look at the pololu S7V8A option (in this thread or the big 7e thread). Don't attempt to use the battery voltage or other voltage directly from the Devo7e because it may not be able to provide the 70-100ma when the voice is playing. Trace your grounds to make sure you've got them routed to a good ground..the one on the DSC port is good. Most references I've found suggest using 1k ohm resistor in the TX/RX lines, but i've had it work with or without.

Software: you must have the voice.ini in the media folder, you must have removed the semicolon from the voice=dfplayer line in your hardware.ini. Sounds like you are there.

Now check to see if you have "Voice Config" in your Model menu... if not, the Hardware.ini or voice.ini are not right.
If you have the Voice Config, try to set up a switch with a sound. If the sound doesn't play, I suggest there is a hardware problem, perhaps between the TX and dfplayer, power isn't right, or the ground isn't connected between the two of them.

Let us know what you find.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
08 Jul 2017 02:23 - 08 Jul 2017 02:24 #63345 by Boloudakis
Thank you Deal57 for your quick reply!

I cannot see the Voice Config in the Model menu. However the beeper stops working when I enable the voice=dfplayer and comes back again when I disable it.
I can't find what's wrong with these files. The voice.ini is in the media folder together with the sound.ini

Please find them both attached.
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Jul 2017 02:24 by Boloudakis.

More
08 Jul 2017 03:03 #63346 by Deal57
I don't have that version here. The latest nightlies have voice, so maybe a newer nightly is an option? The files look fine. Earlier versions of the nightlies didn't support the larger set of voice files, IIRC.

I am pretty sure that until you have the voice config menu, there is something wrong with the software implementation.

More
08 Jul 2017 03:34 #63347 by Boloudakis
Just tried the latest nightly 2f2f806 but voice doesn't seem to work, buzzer is always on. Which one do you use?

More
08 Jul 2017 04:18 #63348 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Voice alerts test build
I have test voice with my devo 7e and external voice box.
I can confirm voice doesn't work with the latest nightly, I haven't tried previous nightlies.
I was able to get voice to work with moeder's test build deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-voice 73adafd, I only tested a blank model with a timer and the alerts for the timer were not playing the correct tracks from the dfplayer.
I have the large english voice pack and voice ini which work well on my devo 12e

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
08 Jul 2017 04:33 #63349 by Boloudakis
Do you see the "Voice Config" when you press Enter->Model menu with the eviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-voice 73adafd?

More
08 Jul 2017 04:39 - 08 Jul 2017 04:55 #63350 by Gerry
No, there is no voice config in the model menu with the 73adafd build

see this post #58943

Last edit: 08 Jul 2017 04:55 by Gerry.

More
08 Jul 2017 05:59 - 13 Nov 2017 14:34 #63351 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
Devo7e has not enough ROM space for voice so it is not included in the builds. What I could offer is making a custom build without the standard GUI which will free up enough space to include the voice feature

edit: I attached a custom build for devo7e with voice enabled, but no menu and no standard mixer gui (does not fit!)

edit2: the zip file is split into to archives, because the attachment size is limited in the forum
Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 14:34 by Moeder. Reason: removed old depreciated build

More
08 Jul 2017 07:46 #63352 by Moeder
And here is a devo7e emulator which will allow you to use the voice config menu to set up the model files (take a look at the model.ini's it creates to see what entries are made).
Attachments:

More
08 Jul 2017 10:24 #63357 by Gerry
Thanks Moeder, that works a treat. I've done a quick test with timer alerts and switch alerts and they work as expected.
My friends are going to be harassing soon to do their 7e's

More
08 Jul 2017 12:13 #63358 by Moeder
You're welcome. The downside is we are missing the standard mixer GUI, although I'm not sure how many users actually use it. It is the old problem of having not enough ROM space on the devo7e. I looked into tweaking the code a lot, but there is no way it will fit, even if we remove some voice features like number callout on telemetry and battery alerts. On the other hand we could discuss (somewhere else) if would should make automatic nightly builds without standard gui, which could feature things like layout editor, voice etc. Until we have that I'll make devo7e custom builds available if there is need for them.

More
09 Jul 2017 01:25 #63361 by Gerry
Missing the standard mixer GUI is not really a downside for me, I have one model only (450 heli without fbl or flybar) that is possibly easier to program with standard mixer, everything else I use the advanced mixer for. It may be time for another poll for the 7e features.
I have never used the emulator, so can't comment about it. I have edited my model ini's with notepad++ for the voice entries on switches.

A voice pack in a nice female voice would be cool (the modded 7e is a sexy little TX and needs a sexy voice :) ), and a few humorous voice files like FUBAR, SNAFU, Oh Shit, Fool, etc. for fun.

More
09 Jul 2017 01:42 #63362 by Deal57
I've updated the WIKI section on voice alerts to address the 7e special situation. Please check the new paragraph 2 to make sure I got it right! :unsure:

More
09 Jul 2017 06:28 - 09 Jul 2017 06:30 #63368 by Gerry
WIKI looks ok but might be worth mentioning that with voice build there is no Standard Mixer GUI for the 7e

Last edit: 09 Jul 2017 06:30 by Gerry.

More
10 Jul 2017 22:10 #63385 by Moeder
Too bad it was rainy weather today...take a look at the test builds , but please keep the discussion in the according thread

sfersystem wrote: Is there any way to add a way to the voltage/telemetry alarms where the voltage set to trigger has to stay below for a certain amount of seconds before the alarm triggers..?

More
16 Jul 2017 20:47 - 17 Jul 2017 16:07 #63490 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic Voice alerts test build
+1 speaking Devo 12s

Thanks to all for this great piece of software.

in the moment i´m using the threshold test build.

Message Nr8 (Kopplungbeendet) is played 2 times...
EDIT:
DSM2 works fine... message 8 is played 1x times
Bayang or Eachine E010 protocol..... message 8 is played 2x times.

In the large german voice pack there are some doubled (different) mp3s with the same number e.g. 200 to 211 and 248 and up...
@Moeder
can you please have a look

Another thing i would like to have, is a vario function with the Vertical speed from Frsky.
This yould be another great improvement :-)

I´m loving my Devos more and more...

Cheers Wene
Last edit: 17 Jul 2017 16:07 by Wene001.

More
22 Jul 2017 19:56 #63556 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build

Deal57 wrote: I finally finished my internal build of the DFPlayer for voice alerts in the Devo 12e. I was happy to be working in my Devo 12e because it gave me lots of space to try different placement. The solution I've come up is based on a desire to have a fully functional system that can be easily maintained within the normal system. So in addition to the ability to use the Deviation voices, I wanted to be able to edit or replace voice files without opening the TX, I wanted to be able to listen privately if needed, and I wanted to be able to use the PPM port for other purposes when appropriate. As a bonus, I also wanted to be able to see when the board was active.

The solution included these basic parts:

• DFPlayer Mini MP3 Player
  • Pololu Step Up/Step Down power supply, Pololu part S7V8A, set to 4.2v
  • Speaker (Knowles 2403-260-00001, 15mm x11mm micro speaker)
  • Headphone Jack (mono -- I tried a stereo jack but it didn't seem to work)
  • USB Jack (I chose a Micro USB female)
  • Indicator LED (I figured Blue to match my sticks!)
  • plenty of 30 gauge wire and Micro JST 2.0 PH 2-Pin Connector, M/F pairs

In post #61032 I posted the design for a micro speaker enclosure. The enclosure with speaker installed is just 15mm long x 11 mm wide x 11mm deep. After staring at the insides of my Devo I realized there is a cavity just under the antenna on the front that normally houses just the buzzer. The speaker enclosure fit nicely on the back of that board. That area has about 15mm clearance; the front has about 9mm clearance, so the enclosure would not fit on the front (I may try a new speakerbox). I mounted it with double-sided tape. I added the Blue LED to the same board and it nicely illuminates the Devention logo on the front when the voices are silent.

I struggled a bit for placement of the headphone port and USB port. Installing a USB port means I can connect to my PC and edit the SD card on the DFPlayer when I need to edit voices or other files, and it saves me from having to position the DFPlayer board to gain SD card access. While there is quite a lot of real estate in the back shell, I wanted to keep the wiring short and out of the way of any other functionality. I ended up putting them next to the Game port, and this also allowed me to easily tap the TX line. I chose to use the Switched TX line from the Game port. Under normal circumstances the switched TX line and TX line are connected, and if I insert a plug into the Game Port, the switched port is disconnected. This means I can use PPM In/Out without worrying about my voice module. Of course that also means that I cannot hear the voices when the jack is in use... which may be an issue if you are using a head tracker or perhaps a ppm-connected TX module (like the LRS). In the short term I won't have that issue, and I will deal with it when it comes up.

Once I had positioned the speaker, LED, and headphone and USB jacks, I just needed to position the DFPlayer and power regulator. Again, In the 12e there is lots of room and it's convenient to put them near the center down by the battery compartment.

The last item to connect was power. For simplicity I chose to install a header into the debug port Vcc and GND holes. In retrospect it would make sense to use something polarized, and the combined height (off the board) of the header and connectors actually touches the back shell. Not the best approach, but workable.

The end result works beautifully. Please let me know if you need more details.

Any chance of resizing the speaker enclosure to work with a 16mm x 9mm speaker? The Knowels 15x11 is no longer available..
Thanks a bunch..

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds