Voice alerts test build

More
30 Jul 2017 06:22 - 30 Jul 2017 06:53 #63628 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Voice alerts test build
Yes a resistor on the pololu.
On the pololu I used (S7V8A) on the 7e rf modules I had to remove the resistor pictured for the pololu to shut down correctly.

edit. Added picture of Pololu D24V5F5 showing resistor that may need to be removed.

edit. Added picture of Pololu 2562 showing resistor that may need to be removed.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jul 2017 06:53 by Gerry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2017 07:18 #63629 by jejeg
Replied by jejeg on topic Voice alerts test build
I connected my dfplayer directly out of the main switch.
No problem with the 12S

More
30 Jul 2017 07:20 #63630 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
Thanks for the info i have a couple of the 2562 on order and will test out when they arrive to see if they work as is or need the resistor removed, hoping beings the description says "true shutdown option" they will work without removing it..

More
30 Jul 2017 07:22 #63631 by magic_marty

jejeg wrote: I connected my dfplayer directly out of the main switch.
No problem with the 12S

Does the main switch have extra pins that are not used ? Or did you hook it a different way?

More
30 Jul 2017 07:29 #63632 by jejeg
From memory there are 4 wires, with a voltage tester it is easy to locate the voltage output. No free pin on the switch, access is not easy it is necessary to disassemble the main board.
The consumption of the dfplayer is important.
Good luck

More
30 Jul 2017 07:32 - 30 Jul 2017 08:03 #63633 by magic_marty
on the voltage output from the switch is it the same as the tx battery or is it regulated to a lower voltage?
Also not sure how to use the tester to find the voltage cause when disassembling everything is unplugged which makes it hard to supply power to test the switch connections. Bit tricky to power it up
Last edit: 30 Jul 2017 08:03 by magic_marty.

More
30 Jul 2017 19:56 #63642 by jejeg
The input voltage on the switch is the same as the battery voltage.
For the test, there is no need of the battery with the ohmeter one can easily identify the good contact.
Sorry for not taking a photo

More
01 Aug 2017 12:57 #63660 by Cul8r
Replied by Cul8r on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi all
I am DeviationTX User since a few years and still am impressed by the possibilities the project opens for example with the 4in1 modules aso.
I have realised hardware hacks in the past such as added modules and switches to my Devo 7 and 10.
Now that I found this extension the order for the hardware was placed fast and I installed the componentes yesterday. Unfortunately the Devo10 stays silent and I can't find the problem. This is what I have done:
Wired Dfplayer mini to Power (VDD) and Ground on the debug port of the main board.
Two wires to the speaker and back
Two wires to the Dsc Port to the bottom pin for ground and to the top one for signal.
Added soundfiles to SD card
Edited hardwate.ini and placed voice.ini to Devo /media
The result: I can make the Dsplayer play the welcome message by triggering the adkey_1 port
I can configure the voice settings in the Devo and get a list of available files which can be assigned to the switches. But triggering a switch does no noise output.
The Dsc Port works without a problem with the Sim and I can measure 3.34V on the tx Pin.
I have tried several nightly builds and am now at the end of my knowledge. So any help or suggestions would be very welcome.

More
01 Aug 2017 13:26 - 01 Aug 2017 13:32 #63661 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
It sounds like you did everything right, but it's possible that one or another hookup isn't quite right. Can you take a detailed photo of the connections on the dfplayer and on the DSC port?

It seems to me you have demonstrated that the power and speaker are wired right, and the fact you're seeing the voice configuration menu says Deviation hardware.ini and MP3 files are right. So the last point seems to be the connection between the trainer port TX line and the DFPLAYER.

Oh, one last thing... the voice files on the SD card must be in a folder called "\MP3\" in the root of the drive. Is that set correctly?

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!
Last edit: 01 Aug 2017 13:32 by Deal57. Reason: SD card setup

More
01 Aug 2017 14:45 #63664 by Cul8r
Replied by Cul8r on topic Voice alerts test build

Deal57 wrote: It sounds like you did everything right, but it's possible that one or another hookup isn't quite right. Can you take a detailed photo of the connections on the dfplayer and on the DSC port?

It seems to me you have demonstrated that the power and speaker are wired right, and the fact you're seeing the voice configuration menu says Deviation hardware.ini and MP3 files are right. So the last point seems to be the connection between the trainer port TX line and the DFPLAYER.

Oh, one last thing... the voice files on the SD card must be in a folder called "\MP3\" in the root of the drive. Is that set correctly?

Thanks for the fast reply...the "one last thing" pointed me to the right direction. The folder was named mp3 but with lower case letters. As soon as I renamed it to MP3 the hall got filled with beautiful words ;-) As it turned out afterwards my SD card has also a problem so have to use a new one to have access to all the files.

So thanks a lot for the help and +1 on the happy devo voice user list ;-)

More
09 Aug 2017 20:48 #63782 by jejeg
Hello everyone
Is it possible to have a voice announcement of the GPS: Adjustable of 10 meters or 50 meters ... in positive or negative ????!
Thanks

More
16 Aug 2017 20:32 #63827 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
Sorry, I was a little busy these days.

Do you mean GPS altitude? Is it available as a telemetry parameter? If yes, we can easily make a voiced alert with numerical output.

More
16 Aug 2017 20:50 #63828 by jejeg

Moeder wrote: Sorry, I was a little busy these days.

Do you mean GPS altitude?.

YES :) :) :)

More
14 Sep 2017 08:04 #64390 by Solmer
Replied by Solmer on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi ! I've sucesfully done the dfplayer mod inside of my Devo8s, everything works, I've got the power from the switch (+5v). I wonder if could be possible (this is for Gurus) to "add" a delay in the booting of the transmitter because if I turn on the Devo the voice "Welcome to Deviation" only plays the second time I switch on the TX...

Thanks in advance.

More
14 Sep 2017 18:29 #64411 by Moeder
Congratulations to your speaking devo8s!

The welcome-message-bug is well known for a while and seems to have different causes. Yours is probably that the dfplayer is not yet ready when the command gets send during your first power on. We don't want to delay the transmitter booting, since it's a waste of time and could also be troublesome if you accidentally turn of the TX during flight and need to get it started quick again to regain control.

I guess I have to rethink about where the welcome message get's played.

More
15 Sep 2017 06:12 #64421 by Solmer
Replied by Solmer on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: Congratulations to your speaking devo8s!

The welcome-message-bug is well known for a while and seems to have different causes. Yours is probably that the dfplayer is not yet ready when the command gets send during your first power on. We don't want to delay the transmitter booting, since it's a waste of time and could also be troublesome if you accidentally turn of the TX during flight and need to get it started quick again to regain control.

I guess I have to rethink about where the welcome message get's played.

Hi Moeder !

Thanks for your answer, I'm totally agree with you.....I don't want to crash my bees :)

Cheers

More
20 Sep 2017 23:41 #64554 by KnzHz
Replied by KnzHz on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi

First time poster, long time reader ;)

First, thank you for this awesome mod, I just got my deployer in the mail today and got it all set up. I could get it to work with the "5.0-voice", but the latest nightly worked, so I'm all good ;)

I've used the dfplayer and made it all internal, pulled a small speaker from my son's busted up and rusty toy car, the speaker was till working, so yay ;)

I power it from the debug pins as well, no polulu, just feeding it the 3.3V, I don't get the welcome message either, if it's indeed due to the dfplayer not being powered up, I haven't tested with an external power source.

Just wanted to drop a big thank you for a awesome addition to my devo 10 ;)

More
21 Sep 2017 13:10 #64560 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Voice alerts test build
Not getting the welcome message on the dfplayer if it turns gets power with the Tx has been an issue since the very first test build. Just moving the message to further along the boot sequence would fix it, but it's not clear it can be moved far enough to solve the problem. Between the minor nature of the problem and the uncertainty of the fix, checking it hasn't been made a priority.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Sep 2017 15:45 - 13 Nov 2017 14:33 #64561 by Moeder
I came up with a really simple but probably definite solution to delay the startup message. Everyone having trouble with it please try the build attached (based on current nightly) to see if problems are resolved.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2017 14:33 by Moeder. Reason: removed old builds - please use nightly!

More
21 Sep 2017 17:53 - 21 Sep 2017 18:06 #64562 by pulpfiction15
Replied by pulpfiction15 on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi Moeder,

I tried it on my devo12S, it's not working, no voice alerts at all.
Do you have a Devo6 version to try ?
Thanks.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2017 18:06 by pulpfiction15.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds