Voice alerts test build

More
30 Jun 2017 21:42 - 30 Jun 2017 21:42 #63228 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
And another voiced Devo :)

Concerning wrong voltage announcements, it will be a quick fix. While doing it, I was wondering if someone could please check other telemetry alarms as well? I have no telemetry enabled receivers to test this out
Last edit: 30 Jun 2017 21:42 by Moeder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2017 02:07 - 01 Jul 2017 02:09 #63229 by Gerry
Replied by Gerry on topic Voice alerts test build
One other thing I noticed is that if I unplug the external voice module I get no sounds from my 12e. Is this the way is should be?

I don't have any other telemetry rx's to test at this stage.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)
Last edit: 01 Jul 2017 02:09 by Gerry.

More
01 Jul 2017 16:43 #63233 by jejeg
Replied by jejeg on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: And another voiced Devo :)

Concerning wrong voltage announcements, it will be a quick fix. While doing it, I was wondering if someone could please check other telemetry alarms as well? I have no telemetry enabled receivers to test this out

What do you want to test?
I can do it

More
01 Jul 2017 19:59 #63237 by Moeder
Never mind. I looked over all decimal settings for telemetry values and found a few more wrong settings. A pull request with the changes has been made, so it will be fixed in probably the next upcoming nightly build.

One more thing I'm really happy to announce is a feature that I implemented a long time ago but never knew it's purpose:

Devo12(s) users do not have to go through the hassle and create a new media library when doing changes to voice.ini. Simply put your voice.ini in the mymedia folder of the devo usb drive and it will be used instead :lol:

They way it is currently coded the firmware cannot know whether a voice module is plugged in to the ppm port or not. A simple workaround for you could be to activate PPM on the model to disable voice usage. I'd think most users either install the voice module internally once they are satisfied or leave it attached most of the times. If need for a better solution comes up, I might think of something else.

More
01 Jul 2017 21:08 - 01 Jul 2017 21:09 #63239 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote:
One more thing I'm really happy to announce is a feature that I implemented a long time ago but never knew it's purpose:

Devo12(s) users do not have to go through the hassle and create a new media library when doing changes to voice.ini. Simply put your voice.ini in the mymedia folder of the devo usb drive and it will be used instead :lol:

Will this work when first installing Voice alerts or just for when doing changes to the voice.ini?
Or will this work when updating to future voice alert builds?
Thanks..
Last edit: 01 Jul 2017 21:09 by magic_marty.

More
01 Jul 2017 21:57 - 01 Jul 2017 22:08 #63240 by Moeder
It should work with any nightly voice alert build since April 1st. Whenever voice.ini is parsed at startup, it will first look in the my media folder. If not found there it will take a look in the media library. The same is done for sound.ini and toggle1/2/3.bmp BTW.

edit: If the "mymedia" folder does not exist, just create it in the root directory of your Devo12 (when you have it connected in USB mode).
Last edit: 01 Jul 2017 22:08 by Moeder.

More
01 Jul 2017 22:42 #63241 by magic_marty
Thanks this makes it much easier to update the voice alerts..

More
02 Jul 2017 09:25 #63245 by Gerry
Just a couple observations while testing with the Devo 12e.......

If you turn off Audio volume in transmitter config the buzzer and vibration work as per normal :)
Vibration does not work while voice is active.

There is no "flight mode 7" in the voice pack, 1 to 6 and 8 are there but no 7.

More
02 Jul 2017 13:31 #63248 by Moeder
I'll check the voice packs thoroughly, also concerning the problem in the french pack.

Concerning voice and vibration...Vibration should be active for all alerts that are defined in sound.ini, but it is not available for switch voice and mux voice. Please check that you don't have voice in any of these alerts.

More
03 Jul 2017 19:02 #63267 by magic_marty
Is there any way to add a way to the voltage/telemetry alarms where the voltage set to trigger has to stay below for a certain amount of seconds before the alarm triggers..?

More
05 Jul 2017 11:50 - 05 Jul 2017 11:52 #63307 by RRacer
Replied by RRacer on topic Voice alerts test build
I don't know if this has been discussed, but there is a really nice voice pack for the Taranis: https://bashlor.com/owncloud/index.php/s/qBLageH0qDJ0LPv
It's in WAV format, but that easily converts to MP3 if needed.
Discussed here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2151914-The-Amber-Transmitter-Sound-Pack
Last edit: 05 Jul 2017 11:52 by RRacer.

More
05 Jul 2017 12:00 #63308 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic Voice alerts test build

magic_marty wrote: Is there any way to add a way to the voltage/telemetry alarms where the voltage set to trigger has to stay below for a certain amount of seconds before the alarm triggers..?

+1
This would be a very useful improvement
it would be great !

More
05 Jul 2017 19:19 #63313 by Muskoka
Replied by Muskoka on topic Voice alerts test build
Parts came in today, my Devo 10 is happily talking to me now :) . Thanks guys for your hard work in getting this going.

Not pretty....but it works, and I can actually hear it.

Attachments:

More
05 Jul 2017 19:47 #63314 by jejeg
Replied by jejeg on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi
Message for moeder
Or I find the French voice you used
Thanks in advance

More
05 Jul 2017 22:23 - 05 Jul 2017 23:21 #63315 by Muskoka
So far most is working ok. Like others the welcome message is intermittent and there's never a goodbye, no biggie at all. My question has to do with not every model working, some do, some don't. And the ones that don't now, did a few hours ago when I first installed. What would cause some models to work fine, and others to not work at all, or suddenly stop working? I have a Devo 10 with 20 models on it, I haven't tried them all but again, some work, some don't. I'm using the July 1st nightly, is that a problem?

Edit: Figured it out. Was messing with a quad model, changed PPM in because it now has a DSM2 PPM receiver, which I'm assuming voice will not work with because I'm using the trainer port. Time to get some different receivers for some quads I guess.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2017 23:21 by Muskoka.

More
06 Jul 2017 04:18 #63316 by magic_marty

Muskoka wrote: So far most is working ok. Like others the welcome message is intermittent and there's never a goodbye, no biggie at all. My question has to do with not every model working, some do, some don't. And the ones that don't now, did a few hours ago when I first installed. What would cause some models to work fine, and others to not work at all, or suddenly stop working? I have a Devo 10 with 20 models on it, I haven't tried them all but again, some work, some don't. I'm using the July 1st nightly, is that a problem?

Edit: Figured it out. Was messing with a quad model, changed PPM in because it now has a DSM2 PPM receiver, which I'm assuming voice will not work with because I'm using the trainer port. Time to get some different receivers for some quads I guess.

If the receiver is PPM then it's in the receiver there is no need to set PPM on the transmitter...The PPM is done by the receiver not the transmitter...You should just be able to use it as any other rx..PPM in is mainly used for setting up trainer/budd ybox or head tracker or a wireless buddy box setup...I'm sure there is other things it could be used for to..

More
06 Jul 2017 10:18 - 06 Jul 2017 10:24 #63317 by Muskoka

magic_marty wrote:

Muskoka wrote: So far most is working ok. Like others the welcome message is intermittent and there's never a goodbye, no biggie at all. My question has to do with not every model working, some do, some don't. And the ones that don't now, did a few hours ago when I first installed. What would cause some models to work fine, and others to not work at all, or suddenly stop working? I have a Devo 10 with 20 models on it, I haven't tried them all but again, some work, some don't. I'm using the July 1st nightly, is that a problem?

If the receiver is PPM then it's in the receiver there is no need to set PPM on the transmitter...The PPM is done by the receiver not the transmitter...You should just be able to use it as any other rx..PPM in is mainly used for setting up trainer/budd ybox or head tracker or a wireless buddy box setup...I'm sure there is other things it could be used for to..

Thanks Marty. I did turn off PPM in "Channel" off in the transmitter yesterday and all was fine. I'm recently new to Betaflight, was more a LibrePilot, Dronin flyer, and thought I needed that setting set to Channel before the channels would work in the Receivers tab of Betaflight, for a PPM receiver. I see now that the quad works fine with PPM in Channel selected, or not, in the transmitter. Only issue is, if it's on in the transmitter the voice does not work, as I found out. It's been a while since I've used my Rangelink stuff but I'm pretty sure PPM in needs to be set to Channel for that stuff to work, I wouldn't have voice anyways if doing that as Rangelink needs the Trainer port. I'll have to figure out how to mount this voice stuff internally without using the trainer port, it must be somewhere in this thread.
Last edit: 06 Jul 2017 10:24 by Muskoka.

More
06 Jul 2017 12:16 #63320 by Gerry

Muskoka wrote: I'll have to figure out how to mount this voice stuff internally without using the trainer port, it must be somewhere in this thread.

The information is in the Wiki under Voice Output. It says you can't use voice on a devo 10 without using the trainer port.

More
06 Jul 2017 20:16 #63323 by Muskoka

Gerry wrote:

Muskoka wrote: I'll have to figure out how to mount this voice stuff internally without using the trainer port, it must be somewhere in this thread.

The information is in the Wiki under Voice Output. It says you can't use voice on a devo 10 without using the trainer port.

Thanks Gerry, see that now. Guess it doesn't really matter, with the latest regulations from Transport Canada longer range fpv is done now, so Rangelink stuff will just collect dust. Leaves the trainer port free for more important stuff, like voice alerts.

More
06 Jul 2017 21:00 #63324 by Moeder

sfersystem wrote:

magic_marty wrote: Is there any way to add a way to the voltage/telemetry alarms where the voltage set to trigger has to stay below for a certain amount of seconds before the alarm triggers..?

+1
This would be a very useful improvement
it would be great !

I like the idea and will take a look into it, but it won't be until a couple of weeks. It's summer and there's so many things to do...like flying toys :P

@jejeg: the voice used is "Audrey" which is included in MacOS X (like many other excellent voices) It can be run by the terminal command "say".

@RRacer: The message list from Amber is the base for the voice packs I created.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds