New WLToys Protocol V977

More
21 Dec 2015 01:35 - 21 Dec 2015 01:35 #41077 by denis747
Replied by denis747 on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
I have now removed the SW A1 switch from channel 5 so as not to trigger the factory rates. So I will use switch SW A1 to switch between expo/dr rates instead.
Last edit: 21 Dec 2015 01:35 by denis747.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2015 01:43 #41078 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
ok, let us know how it goes

cheers

bm

More
21 Dec 2015 01:48 #41079 by denis747
Replied by denis747 on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
Thanks Birdman, it's working perfectly :) .

More
22 Dec 2015 18:21 - 22 Dec 2015 18:23 #41090 by Fernando
Replied by Fernando on topic New WLToys Protocol V977

Birdman wrote:

Fernando wrote: I need to adjust the tail dual rates as I need a bit of acceleration when pushing it up fast. Don't know whether is possible or not, but it would be good as I converted my 977 to 2s and althougt is very stable in flight, it is much more powerful and tail is sometimes hard to lock.
Thank you.

try use rud expo/rates template
not sure if rx will allow settings above 100
not easy to test for any changes
bm

It doesn't work, at least I don't see any difference. The only way I figure out is to give manually a bit more angle to the rear rotor heating it up. I am using the wider and longer one used for the Hisky HCP100s wich is 2s as well.
Any ideas would be very appreciated :).
Last edit: 22 Dec 2015 18:23 by Fernando.

More
09 Jan 2016 17:16 - 12 Jan 2016 16:25 #41567 by wukong
Replied by wukong on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
Hi,

I just want to report that the KN protocol in the latest nightly deviation-devo10-v4.0.1-583c468 is working well with my V977.

As i'm new to this I've compiled some notes for my own study and I'm going to leave it here to help others. They are from various parties across the various threads and credits to all of them.

Channel Mapping
1. Throttle/Pitch
(Mixing is onboard Helo. i.e. Actual Throttle/Pitch curves are stored in the Helo, but you can make use of ch 9 to adjust the Throttle/Pitch curve as necessary).
2. Aileron
3. Elevator
4. Rudder
5. Dual Rates: -100 normal, 100 double
(Not sure which channel this affects, but I suspect it affects channel 1-4)
6. Throttle Hold: -100 Off, 100 On
7. Idle Up: -100 Off, 100 On
8. 3D/6G Mode: -100 6G mode, 100 3D mode
(In 6G flies like V911, centering Ail/Elevator will cause heli to hover)
9. Pitch Trimmer Pitch Travel Adjust
10. Aileron Trimmer
11. Elevator Trimmer

Note: I haven't figured out which channel would activate the hover debug function in 6G mode (and i doubt it's in this version of the protocol) but i'm also wondering why there's a need for such a function since I can trim out the 6G in the TX. Probably meant for people with the original TX where the trims are stored on the heli itself. but from what i learn, it's meant for adjusting the 6G Trim without affecting 3D trim.

Edit: Thanks to Birdman for pointing out the errors and explaining the need for the hover debug function!
Last edit: 12 Jan 2016 16:25 by wukong. Reason: New info from Birdman

More
09 Jan 2016 17:58 - 30 Nov 2016 14:14 #41568 by wukong
Continuing the post:

Transmitter Configuration: (based mainly off 8ch ini by FlipRide and added ch9-11 from Babay)
I'm using the following switch configuration on my Devo 10:
Throttle Hold: Rudder DR1
6G Mode: F.MOD0
3D Mode: F.MOD1
Idle up: F.MOD2
Dual Rates on Heli (Ch 5 in protocol): AIL DR1
Dual Rates on Devo 10:
Slow: MIX0
Mid: MIX1
Fast: MIX2

Here's how i set up my model ini:
Standard stuff for a start:
name=V977
mixermode=Advanced

[radio]
protocol=KN
num_channels=11
fixed_id=134562
tx_power=150mW

Throttle/Pitch on Channel 1: Just simple linear curve.

[channel1]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch1

Aileron on Channel 2: Expo DR curve with the following settings: (if you are entering this into Devo10 by hand, the GUI has high rates as a default, so the label is opposite of mine in case you are confused.)
Slow RateDefault (no trigger or MIX0)Scale to 60%Symmetric, Expo 60 Curve
Mid RateMIX1Scale to 85%Symmetric, Expo 60 Curve
Fast RateMIX2Scale to 125%Expo 0 curve/ 1 to 1 curve
[channel2]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
scalar=60
curvetype=expo
points=60,60
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=MIX1
scalar=85
curvetype=expo
points=60,60
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch2
switch=MIX2
scalar=125
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

Elevator on Channel 3: Pretty much the same as Aileron
[channel3]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
scalar=60
curvetype=expo
points=60,60
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
switch=MIX1
scalar=95
curvetype=expo
points=60,60
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch3
switch=MIX2
scalar=125
curvetype=expo
points=0,0

Rudder on Ch4: Similar to Throttle
[channel4]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4

Dual Rates on Heli on Ch5: Min/Max curve for ON/OFF. AIL DR0= Normal Rates, AIL DR1 = Double Rates
[channel5]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AIL DR1
dest=Ch5
curvetype=min/max
points=0

Throttle Hold on Ch6: Similar to Ch5. RUD DR0 = Hold OFF, RUD DR1 = Hold ON
[channel6]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=RUD DR1
dest=Ch6
curvetype=min/max
points=0

Idle Up on Ch7: Similar to Ch5/6. FMODE2 to activate, FMODE 1 and 0 will deactivate. (Idle up not available in FMODE0/ 6G mode anyway)
[channel7]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=FMODE2
dest=Ch7
curvetype=min/max
points=0

3D/6G flight mode on Ch8. Similar to ch5-7. FMOD0 to activate 6G mode, FMODE1 for 3D Mode
[channel8]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=FMODE0
dest=Ch8
scalar=-100
curvetype=min/max
points=0

Trim channels 9-11: Haven't adjusted them yet, didn't see the need so far.
[channel9]
template=simple

[channel10]
template=simple

[channel11]
template=simple

Virtual Channel 1 for Timer 1. I like to set up one countdown timer which runs whenever the rotor is spinning, and stops when the rotor stops.
I used complex template with replace MUX, so that while Idle up is off, it counts whenever throttle is > -100%, and when Idle up is on, it counts regardless of throttle position.
[virtchan1]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=Ch1
dest=Virt1
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt1
switch=FMODE2
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed

ch 9-11 trims:
[trim1]
src=Ch9
pos=TRIMLV+
neg=TRIMLV-
step=10
[trim2]
src=Ch11
pos=TRIMRV+
neg=TRIMRV-
step=10
[trim4]
src=Ch10
pos=TRIMRH+
neg=TRIMRH-
step=10

Timer 1: See Virt1. Gear1 will reset the timer.
[timer1]
type=countdown
src=Virt1
resetsrc=GEAR1
time=300

I've also attached my file in case some one else needs it!
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Nov 2016 14:14 by wukong. Reason: Corrected Channel 6 Typo. Thanks Bazsound for spotting it!

More
09 Jan 2016 18:27 #41569 by wukong
This part might be a little out of topic, but the NRF24L01 i used was with a ceramic antenna .

I did a range test at 10mW which was stepped down to 100uW, and still had no problems at 10 m range.
Attachments:

More
10 Jan 2016 22:59 #41609 by FlipRide1
Replied by FlipRide1 on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
Nice work and thanks wukong!. I need to replace my V977 Receiver Board to newer version that support pitch trim. Can't wait to try this out. Thanks again.

More
10 Jan 2016 23:03 #41610 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic New WLToys Protocol V977

wukong wrote: Hi,

I just want to report that the KN protocol in the latest nightly deviation-devo10-v4.0.1-583c468 is working well with my V977.

As i'm new to this I've compiled some notes for my own study and I'm going to leave it here to help others. They are from various parties across the various threads and credits to all of them.

Channel Mapping
1. Throttle/Pitch
(Mixing is onboard Helo. i.e. Actual Throttle/Pitch curves are stored in the Helo, but you can make use of ch 9 to adjust the Throttle/Pitch curve as necessary).
2. Aileron
3. Elevator
4. Rudder
5. Dual Rates: -100 normal, 100 double
(Not sure which channel this affects, but I suspect it affects channel 1-4)
6. Throttle Hold: -100 Off, 100 On
7. Idle Up: -100 Off, 100 On
8. 3D/6G Mode: -100 6G mode, 100 3D mode
(In 6G flies like V911, centering Ail/Elevator will cause heli to hover)
9. Pitch Trimmer
10. Aileron Trimmer
11. Elevator Trimmer

Note: I haven't figured out which channel would activate the hover debug function in 6G mode, but i'm also wondering why there's a need for such a function since I can trim out the 6G in the TX. Probably meant for people with the original TX where the trims are stored on the heli itself.

Channel 9 is Pitch Travel Adjust

Flybarless in general are trimmed in 6G only, there fore tx must provide a means on trimming in 6G without effecting 3G

Bm

More
12 Jan 2016 16:23 #41675 by wukong
Thanks for the explanation! Will edit my original post!

More
12 Jan 2016 16:31 #41676 by wukong

FlipRide1 wrote: Nice work and thanks wukong!. I need to replace my V977 Receiver Board to newer version that support pitch trim. Can't wait to try this out. Thanks again.

It's all thanks to you that I was able to get a the model file that was working in the first place! =D

More
23 Feb 2016 22:10 - 23 Feb 2016 23:21 #43522 by Don B
Replied by Don B on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
Hi wukong

I have a couple of questions please if you don't mind, just for information purposes I'm using a Devo 8, in an effort to avoid carrying an extra Transmitter around I would like to use the Devo 8 to fly the V977, I have the deviation software installed on the Devo 8, I don't fly the V977 any further than 50 feet (13 meters) to either side of myself.
I was wondering if this module has worked out well for you?
If I'm understanding this correctly with this Module there's no necessity for an extra antenna?
Is there any special hardware involved with programming this card or does the deviation software take care of this?

Edit: my apologies this is my first post trying to add a quote, I'm not sure what I did wrong but the quote from post #4156 did not get included, the module I am referring to is the one with the ceramic antenna in post number 41569 by wukong.

Thank you.
Don B
Last edit: 23 Feb 2016 23:21 by Don B.

More
24 Feb 2016 17:04 #43562 by wukong

Don B wrote: Hi wukong

I have a couple of questions please if you don't mind, just for information purposes I'm using a Devo 8, in an effort to avoid carrying an extra Transmitter around I would like to use the Devo 8 to fly the V977, I have the deviation software installed on the Devo 8, I don't fly the V977 any further than 50 feet (13 meters) to either side of myself.
I was wondering if this module has worked out well for you?
If I'm understanding this correctly with this Module there's no necessity for an extra antenna?
Is there any special hardware involved with programming this card or does the deviation software take care of this?

Edit: my apologies this is my first post trying to add a quote, I'm not sure what I did wrong but the quote from post #4156 did not get included, the module I am referring to is the one with the ceramic antenna in post number 41569 by wukong.

Thank you.
Don B

Hope you didn't wait too long for my reply. Let me try to answer your questions:

1. Has this module worked out well for me?
Ans: Yes, it works fine without any issues. However, i realized that if i ran it on 10mW or higher, i tend to get drop connections every once in a while. I suspect it's due to overheating or the fact that the module is a low powered one and 10mW is too much power, because I stopped experiencing it (over 3 hours of flight time now and counting) after i set the transmitter power to 3mW.

Even at 3mW, I still can fly it more than 20m without problems. (at 20m i'm struggling to see the v977!) I also did a range test at 100uW and it still worked at 10+m range (I was too lazy to go further.. =p) Since you fly no more than 15m, this should work fine for you.

Other members have tried and recommended this other module which comes with an antenna: www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html For this banggood module, you can keep the antenna within the Devo casing also without any issues.

2. There's no necessity for an extra antenna?
Ans: Yes, indeed! Just install the module and good to go, no need to fiddle with any antenna. Some members have also tried the circuit board antenna (similar to this module) with good results.

3. Any need to program the module? Or does the deviation software take care of this?
Ans: As with most other antenna modules, there's no need to program the module. Just follow the installation instructions very carefully and you should be good to go. Some soldering required, followed by flashing the Devo transmitter to Deviation firmware. Remember to use the latest nightly.

Let me know if you have further questions!

More
24 Feb 2016 19:41 #43576 by Don B
Replied by Don B on topic New WLToys Protocol V977

wukong wrote: Hope you didn't wait too long for my reply. Let me try to answer your questions:

Other members have tried and recommended this other module which comes with an antenna: www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html For this banggood module, you can keep the antenna within the Devo casing also without any issues.

Let me know if you have further questions!

I didn't wait too long I just posted my question yesterday and Thank you very much for the quick reply.

I probably will go with the banggood one you supplied the link to, it's the one I was considering originally but I guess I was a little confused I thought the V922 was a different protocol so I wasn't sure if the module would work for the V977 so thank you for clarifying that.

The soldering shouldn't be a problem I've already had the Transmitter apart once to swap the positions of the throttle hold and idleup, after 30 years of flying RC helis my brain has the throttle hold on the right and the idle up on the left, I know I could have swapped the switches internally but that would have only left me with 2 flight modes if I used the switch on the left for idleup.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, though I have a lot of experience with RC's and Heli's in particular electric Heli's and this whole bind and fly thing is all new to me.

Don B.

More
16 Apr 2016 22:13 #46660 by Fernando
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading.

Is there anyway to modify the AIL and ELE D/R on the v977? I have changed the three servos for other compatibles and these are much more precise, is quite difficult to fly the heli, movements are super fast. 6G mode is quite slow but near to my previous configuration but obviously I cannot fly 3D.

Thank you :)

More
16 Apr 2016 22:49 #46665 by Fernando
Edit: I realized about @wukong previous post and the config he is using is working for me as well on my Devo8s. Thanks!

More
18 Apr 2016 16:25 #46746 by wukong
Great to hear that you've found what you need. Care to share which servo you are using?

Thanks!

More
20 Apr 2016 22:07 #46903 by mrgak
Replied by mrgak on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
hi everybody thanks for support this amazing work

can somebody tell me how to get 6g work on 7e since I've not the switch mod done and wish to use fmod switch to change 3d/6g and finally use two dedicated models, a 6g and a 3d the latter I ve still got working fine but since I'm a beginner I need a stable mode (aka6g) model too. Every models Ive tried around here are not designed the way I m looking for. Thanks in advance and sorry for newbe request!

More
21 Apr 2016 15:04 #46945 by mtx63
Replied by mtx63 on topic New WLToys Protocol V977

More
22 Apr 2016 02:13 #46968 by mrgak
Replied by mrgak on topic New WLToys Protocol V977
thanks!! I will give it a shot.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds