Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
02 Nov 2017 04:28 #65432 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
Ha ha, we need take final decision about T8SG build, is it devo7e-256 build with some type of hardware detection or it is separate T8SG build. At the moment I'm using a local T8SG build.

Send me your email, I will send you the current T8SG source.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Nov 2017 04:37 - 02 Nov 2017 04:40 #65433 by norulers
Replied by norulers on topic SSD1309 OLED

victzh wrote: OK, I found it closer, but slightly more expensive. They promise it here by Nov 6. Tell me, are you - norulers - interested in me buying it and helping you with the code?

Thanks victzh I need your help

My current wiring

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 04:40 by norulers.

More
02 Nov 2017 05:50 #65434 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic SSD1309 OLED
You can try to connect #RES to NRST, it could work.
I will take a look at the code tomorrow.

More
02 Nov 2017 13:14 #65436 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic SSD1309 OLED
I got my second T8SG. Just a "rocket express" from BG, it took 8 days.

More
02 Nov 2017 13:44 #65437 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: Ha ha, we need take final decision about T8SG build, is it devo7e-256 build with some type of hardware detection or it is separate T8SG build. At the moment I'm using a local T8SG build.

Send me your email, I will send you the current T8SG source.

Actually I was thinking about making the hardware.ini more configurable including channel inversion, display driver, but there is a lot more setting that differ, like the switch assignments, etc.
To be honest, the Jumper deserves a new target, but I'm worried, that they will introduce different batches, which won't be compatible anyway...

More
02 Nov 2017 15:05 #65439 by Phobos

ramunas wrote: Following Vlad's posting on sw9 (SWG) and sw10 (SWH) connections, I have two shoulder switches now working on the T8SG. The notes on where to pick up the signals on existing board/switch locations was very helpful. To get it to work, I had to reverse the diodes so the cathodes (black stripe) connects to the switch posts. With that, all the switches work great.

Could you post the picture of the inside? I'm curious how did you fit them. Where did you get the switches?

More
02 Nov 2017 22:00 - 02 Nov 2017 22:01 #65447 by Iroquois
Replied by Iroquois on topic New TX from Banggood
There is no doubt that they are producing different batches. My T8SG uses my original Devo 7e model.ini files without modification other than changing the switch names. The gimbles appear to be identical to the 7e.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 22:01 by Iroquois. Reason: Spelling

More
02 Nov 2017 22:16 #65448 by ramunas
Replied by ramunas on topic SSD1309 OLED

vlad_vy wrote: ramunas, thank you, I fixed my posts about sw9 (SWG) and sw10 (SWH) connections.

Can you post the image of internals?

My goal was to keep the shoulder switches close to the rear corners. The pictures show where I chose to put the switches in the case top. Use the rear-most two switch contacts to maintain the normal 0-1 switch convention. Heat shrink over the unused pin. I chose to run the 2 wires from each switch down the rear case section and back up the front case section to the connection points documented by Vlad. This allows the case to be opened as a clamshell as in the pictures. Removing the trainer jack wiring plug from the main board, allows the front and rear case section to open all the way flat like a book so you can work on it. The depth of the rear case section could accommodate the normal mini switch without any projection into the front of the case if you can mount the switch vertically. But the top of the case has a slope, that tilts the shoulder switches about 15 degrees and results in some contact with SWA and SWD. Jumper could solve that by molding in flat vertical attachment points in the rear portion of the case. But in my case, I saw the switch solder tabs on SWA and SWD are longer than they need to be. So I just snipped off the ends of the solder tabs until the case closed properly. You can see that in the pictures. So as you mount the shoulder switches, keep them as far to the rear of the case as you reasonably can.

Phobos - you asked where did I get the switches. Both of these came from Jameco Electronics. I used a SPDT mini toggle w/flat (sku22833) on the left for throttle hold, and SPDT momentary w/flat (sku317332) on the right for a trainer switch. The momentary w/flat short handle has been sold out for a while, but Jameco has round handle options, and Banggood and HbbyKing carry Taranis and other long handle trainer switches that are the same size on the inside of the case.
Attachments:

More
03 Nov 2017 05:35 #65452 by ltwvince
Replied by ltwvince on topic New TX from Banggood

Brainstorm wrote:

dc59 wrote: Jumper's first batch of T8SG analog/digital hall sensor gimbals and Walkera DEVO hall sensor gimbals will be released at end of November , of course these upgrade kits will send to Deviation developers for further testing.

That is brilliant news, dc59!! Very exciting! :cheer:

Any chance that early purchasers of the T8SG could have access to this first batch as well? I think I was one of the first people to pre-order the TX on BG. And I received the first version with the inaccessible USB connector.

Me too as an early purchaser of T8SG with first version of the board with inaccessible USB connector.

More
03 Nov 2017 09:48 - 03 Nov 2017 14:09 #65457 by Twilight_Sun
Replied by Twilight_Sun on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: Jumper's first batch of T8SG analog/digital hall sensor gimbals and Walkera DEVO hall sensor gimbals will be released at end of November , of course these upgrade kits will send to Deviation developers for further testing.

I hope that gimbals could be the same quality as devo 10 stock ones.
By the way it looks like for devo TX we need only simple upgrade kit: some plastic parts, sensor and magnet. here is an upgrade of devo10 with hall sensors. Article is in Russian but I think pictures and google translate would make it clear ...
Last edit: 03 Nov 2017 14:09 by Twilight_Sun.

More
03 Nov 2017 10:13 #65458 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood
Could Frsky Q X7 power switch be used on Deviation TX? press and hold (long press) for power on and off .

More
03 Nov 2017 10:17 #65459 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood
@Brainstorm
@ltwvince
@Twilight_Sun

All your questions/suggestions will be passed to Jumper , I have no answer at this moment !

More
03 Nov 2017 10:26 - 03 Nov 2017 10:31 #65460 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
lcd.c
void LCD_Init()
LCD_Cmd(0xEA); //??

can be safely deleted, it has not any sense for UC1705 LCD driver.
Last edit: 03 Nov 2017 10:31 by vlad_vy.

More
03 Nov 2017 13:21 #65461 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: Could Frsky Q X7 power switch be used on Deviation TX? press and hold (long press) for power on and off .

AFAIK with the current power circuit no.

More
03 Nov 2017 13:45 #65463 by fneuf
Replied by fneuf on topic New TX from Banggood
Has anyone tried the T8SG with SmartPropoPlus ?

More
03 Nov 2017 17:04 #65467 by Wene001

ramunas wrote: Following Vlad's posting on sw9 (SWG) and sw10 (SWH) connections, I have two shoulder switches now working on the T8SG. The notes on where to pick up the signals on existing board/switch locations was very helpful. To get it to work, I had to reverse the diodes so the cathodes (black stripe) connects to the switch posts. With that, all the switches work great.

May i ask where you got the cool nuts for your extra switches?

More
03 Nov 2017 17:59 #65468 by ramunas
Digikey link to dress nuts on additional switches:
www.digikey.com/short/qt2fnt

Note that these are for 1/4-40 thread switches. 6mm thread switches are also very common, and these will not work on 6mm switches.

More
03 Nov 2017 19:05 #65470 by Iroquois
Replied by Iroquois on topic New TX from Banggood
fneuf: So far, I can't make it work with the T8SG. However, I have found it very unreliable with the Devo 7e. It frequently fails to detect the aileron channel and also needs to be changed from Mode 1 to Mode2 seemingly at random.

More
03 Nov 2017 22:31 #65476 by J.B.
Replied by J.B. on topic New TX from Banggood
There is some way to set one of the original 3way Switches to 3 Fly modes, Angle, Horizon and Acro..?
When i Switch from position Top to Middle the value change, but when i Switch from position Middle to Bottom the value return that before, or not change..!

There's an option to configure mixers..?

More
04 Nov 2017 00:39 #65480 by J.B.
Replied by J.B. on topic New TX from Banggood
Just set! I found instructions for Complex Mixer pages, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds