Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
17 Oct 2017 23:34 #65102 by PJC
Replied by PJC on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: T8SG Hall sensor gimbal with bearing ,it's a

prototype!

Any update on the Hall Sensor Gimbals? I'm really liking the T8SG, and having these gimbals would take this TX to the next level...I'll even take those prototype ones, ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2017 07:28 #65105 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

PJC wrote: Any update on the Hall Sensor Gimbals? I'm really liking the T8SG, and having these gimbals would take this TX to the next level...I'll even take those prototype ones, ;)

I've sent Jumper a mail for gimbals , but I didn't get reply from them.

More
19 Oct 2017 08:02 #65119 by dc59
Jumper replied, both T8SG & DEVO hall gimbals are at molding stage now, beta version will be released soon.

More
19 Oct 2017 08:33 #65121 by ltwvince
Replied by ltwvince on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: Jumper replied, both T8SG & DEVO hall gimbals are at molding stage now, beta version will be released soon.

If they can give good price for beta testing, please let us know. I have this T8SG, Devo 7E and Devo 12E. Thanks.

Also, if possible please ask them to release longer stick. The current stick is too short for pinched. 28mm or 30mm will be great.

More
19 Oct 2017 12:16 #65125 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood

ltwvince wrote: Also, if possible please ask them to release longer stick. The current stick is too short for pinched. 28mm or 30mm will be great.

The sticks it has use the same threading as the Devo TXS, so it's a standard size (though I never remember which one). You can order replacements from hobby king or similar, or possibly get them at your LHS.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
19 Oct 2017 15:18 - 19 Oct 2017 16:56 #65127 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
Now I can fix hardware switch configs. With that fix you can use all switch configs from 3x1 to 3x4 and from 2x1 to 2x8, without two additional sockets and diodes for SWG (2x2) and SWH (2x1). I can try to use (3x2 + 2x4) config and add two shoulders switches, similar to Devo 10.

3-pos SWA0 -> 2-pos SWA1 (2x8)
3-pos SWA2 -> 2-pos SWB1 (2x7)

3-pos SWB0 -> 2-pos SWC1 (2x6)
3-pos SWB2 -> 2-pos SWD1 (2x5)

3-pos SWC0 -> 2-pos SWE1 (2x4)
3-pos SWC2 -> 2-pos SWF1 (2x3)

3-pos SWD0 -> 2-pos SWG1 (2x2)
3-pos SWD2 -> 2-pos SWH1 (2x1)

But, with each fix T8SG differ more and more from devo7e-256.
Last edit: 19 Oct 2017 16:56 by vlad_vy.

More
19 Oct 2017 15:35 #65128 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood
I didn't follow your switch changes, so I don't know if it brings in any compatibility issues, for example incompatible model configs.
I know you have reversed the direction of the switches, which is an incompatible change, but are there more?

More
19 Oct 2017 15:55 #65130 by vlad_vy
Reversed: RUD, AIL, AUX4, AUX5, 3-pos SWA, SWB, SWC, SWD.
Changed: switch mapping for other devo model files.

More
19 Oct 2017 16:46 #65131 by PJC
AWESOME! Having them for the T8SG is going to be a great upgrade, and having them for my Devo 10 will be a welcome surprise! Man...like others, I'd love to get some of those beta versions. :)

More
19 Oct 2017 17:05 #65132 by PJC

mwm wrote: The sticks it has use the same threading as the Devo TXS, so it's a standard size (though I never remember which one). You can order replacements from hobby king or similar, or possibly get them at your LHS.

Am I missing something? On my Devo, the stick height is totally adjustable. It's a two piece system. I actually took another set off an old Devo 7 to put on my T8SG and it greatly improves the usability of the T8SG
Attachments:

More
19 Oct 2017 18:24 #65133 by vlad_vy
Probably switch config fix has not any sense. Without any fix you can solder switches SWG and SWH and diodes to some points (B.6, B.8 and C.6).

www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...good?start=420#65024

More
20 Oct 2017 05:11 #65144 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood

PJC wrote:

mwm wrote: The sticks it has use the same threading as the Devo TXS, so it's a standard size (though I never remember which one). You can order replacements from hobby king or similar, or possibly get them at your LHS.

Am I missing something? On my Devo, the stick height is totally adjustable. It's a two piece system. I actually took another set off an old Devo 7 to put on my T8SG and it greatly improves the usability of the T8SG

I think it's just personal preference. While the sticks are adjustable, I find the feel a little sloppy if they aren't tightened all the way down. I bought a set of red sticks with big thumb pads for a th9x before I ever used deviationTx, and those moved to a Devo 7e (whose sick sticks really, really suck) to my first and second 10s.

But there's no need for jumper to make alternate sticks - there a good selection available that will fit on it just fine.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
20 Oct 2017 13:12 - 20 Apr 2018 14:28 #65151 by vlad_vy

vlad_vy wrote: Extra switch connection:

_______C.6____C.10___C.11
/*B.5*/ _______SW_07, SW_08,
/*B.6*/ SW_10, SW_05, SW_06,
/*B.7*/ _______SW_01, SW_02,
/*B.8*/ SW_09, SW_03, SW_04,

We need SW_09 and SW_10. But how it connected on the board? I think it not connected at all. And probably we need 10 diodes, not 8.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5824-ul...witch?start=40#50865

========================================================================================
We havn't connector for 2x1 (SWH1) and 2x2 options (SWG1).
So, we need two diodes connected: anodes to C.6 and catodes (black or white strip) to SWH1 and SWG1. And switch center pin SWH connected to B.6 and SWG connected to B.8.

SWH = C.6 ●--►|--●--○ \--● B.6
SWG = C.6 ●--►|--●--○ \--● B.8

Soldering points:
C.6 -> throttle trim yellow wire soldering pad (or right horizontal trim black wire soldering pad)
B.6 -> SWC switch center pin (SWC1, red wire)
B.8 -> SWB switch center pin (SWB1, red wire)

hardware.ini change:
;switch_types: 3x4, 3x3, 3x2, 3x1, 2x8, 2x7, 2x6, 2x5, 2x4, 2x3, 2x2, 2x1, potx2, potx1
;May occur more than once if necessary.
;Add nostock if stock FMOD and HOLD switches have been removed.
  extra-switches = nostock
  extra-switches = 3x4
  extra-switches = 2x2
  extra-switches = potx2
;
Things would be much easier if I had an old version of the main board. On the new main board, the MCU is partially closed by the USB board.

I think the switch layout can be:

SWH (2-pos)_______________________________SWA (3-pos)
__SWD (3-pos)_SWG (2-pos)____SWC (3-pos)_SWB (3-pos)
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Apr 2018 14:28 by vlad_vy.

More
25 Oct 2017 10:02 #65256 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic New TX from Banggood
Oh no... T8SG arrived while I was on vacation and is now being transferred back to China :ohmy:

More
25 Oct 2017 10:48 #65257 by dc59

Moeder wrote: Oh no... T8SG arrived while I was on vacation and is now being transferred back to China :ohmy:

I will contact with Jumper and ask for help,maybe they can solve this.

More
25 Oct 2017 23:32 #65273 by Brainstorm
Replied by Brainstorm on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: Jumper replied, both T8SG & DEVO hall gimbals are at molding stage now, beta version will be released soon.

This is fantastic news, dc59! Any information on who will have access to beta version?

More
26 Oct 2017 00:17 - 26 Oct 2017 00:23 #65276 by Iroquois
Replied by Iroquois on topic New TX from Banggood
The original sticks are ajustable over a fair range, but there's no way of locking them other than a spot of glue. I really don't see the point of changing anything to match the 7e when you can change it within the JUMPER anyway.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2017 00:23 by Iroquois.

More
26 Oct 2017 02:02 #65278 by PJC

Iroquois wrote: The original sticks are ajustable over a fair range, but there's no way of locking them other than a spot of glue. I really don't see the point of changing anything to match the 7e when you can change it within the JUMPER anyway.

other sticks are a big improvement, but even on these cheaper gimbals it sure would have been nice to be able to adjust tension on the sticks. They are pretty loose for my tastes.

More
26 Oct 2017 16:15 #65283 by yets
Replied by yets on topic New TX from Banggood

This is excellent news. Thank you dc59 for keeping us updated and also for talking to Jumper

I was thinking about getting a Taranix QX7 but this has changed my mind... so happy about this

More
26 Oct 2017 18:31 #65284 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New TX from Banggood
I hope that Jumper will make the next model more in a shape like Turnigy evolution, inc the the hall gimbals and an embedded antenna and indeed add the voice mod, it would be me ideal controller.
Deviation it is super, I never ahd any control related issues and still stongly believe a control of the RF over SPI is the best solution out there, beter than Taranis with module via pxx etc.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds