Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
09 Oct 2017 08:21 #64934 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: I have asked Jumper developer to register a Deviation forum account,but for some reason(I'm not really know what it is.) , They do not seem to have finished registering, I will push them to do it.

I can make a restricted forum just for them and the developers if they don't want to discuss about their plans in public...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2017 16:16 #64935 by dronero
Replied by dronero on topic New TX from Banggood
Today I got the radio, surprise ... the lcd screen and the front were loose. The glue of poor quality and the difference in temperature takes it off. The radio works fine, update the latest firmware. New model with usb port rotated and a place to talk lipo (too narrow but very long), I got lipo 2s 1800 from my MJX bug 3, disarming the case and fit well. The battery sensor marks something more voltage than it actually has ... I do not know if it could be adjusted ....?
As for the use of Deviation, I am new but I will get used to it.
Thank you all and follow this thread for future updates or mods

More
09 Oct 2017 17:54 #64937 by J.B.
Replied by J.B. on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: Do you try Hubsan protocol option "H501"? Press on protocol name and select "Format = H501".

With S-FHSS there is protocol option "Freq-Fine", try to bind with different values -127 to 127 with step about 10 or 20. If bound try to change "Freq-Fine" back and forth up to lose bind and find the optimum middle.

I have tryed the 501S option, is the only i seen but nothing...
With Futaba i try vary Freq but nothing...
With Poke FPV nothing...

So, i have the dubt that i have cooked TX when the antenna was very lose..!

You know something to understand if it's cooked..?
I open the Transmitter and the module is cold :(

More
09 Oct 2017 18:10 - 09 Oct 2017 18:19 #64938 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
I don't think that module cooked. With damaged PA module can work but on very short distance. Check module soldering, then check voltage 3.3V at leftmost module pin (VCC).

Last edit: 09 Oct 2017 18:19 by vlad_vy.

More
09 Oct 2017 19:38 #64940 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood

dronero wrote: The battery sensor marks something more voltage than it actually has ... I do not know if it could be adjusted ....?

Can't be adjusted. This is a common issue with the Walkera transmitters as well. It's what happen when you compare a "voltmeter" made from commodity parts with a real voltmeter (even a cheap one) made with high-precision parts. The correct translation is no longer a simple linear one, and needs to be calibrated at multiple points on the range if you really want it to be right across the range.

It's really only used to set the low battery alarm, so you can compensate once for the battery type you use. Yes, the display being off is annoying, but most people can get used to that or just ignore the value unless the alarm is going off. In extreme cases, you can take it off the display.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Oct 2017 19:54 - 09 Oct 2017 20:08 #64941 by J.B.
Replied by J.B. on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: I don't think that module cooked. With damaged PA module can work but on very short distance. Check module soldering, then check voltage 3.3V at leftmost module pin (VCC).

Thanks for the Hope!
I checked now, the VCC is 3.28V and soldering seem ok..!

I finally now ordered an Eachine E010 for understand if work or not...
If not work also with this, the Transmitter not work... Crossed fingers..!
Last edit: 09 Oct 2017 20:08 by J.B..

More
10 Oct 2017 01:09 #64942 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

FDR wrote: I can make a restricted forum just for them and the developers if they don't want to discuss about their plans in public...

Thanks FDR, I will confirm it with Jumper.

More
10 Oct 2017 04:15 - 10 Oct 2017 05:58 #64943 by vlad_vy
Switch mapping for foreign model files (CHANMAP(oldname, new)) doesn't work correctly even if "capabilities.h" corrected to T8SG switches. "FMODE0" and "FMODE1" always mapped to "AUX5". Probably same thing will happen with "HOLD0" and "HOLD1". I think the same will be for devo7e-256 with "nostock" option.

"capabilities.h" for devo7e family has not mapping for DR0 and DR1:
CHANMAP("DR0", HOLD0)
CHANMAP("DR1", HOLD1)
Last edit: 10 Oct 2017 05:58 by vlad_vy.

More
11 Oct 2017 05:15 #64957 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: My Tx is still stuck on the slow-boat, so I can't talk to the design, but I think Jumper should slow down a little.

Hi PB, I sent you a PM about your T8SG shipping issue.

More
11 Oct 2017 14:40 - 11 Oct 2017 14:48 #64959 by vlad_vy

vlad_vy wrote: Switch mapping for foreign model files (CHANMAP(oldname, new)) doesn't work correctly even if "capabilities.h" corrected to T8SG switches. "FMODE0" and "FMODE1" always mapped to "AUX5". Probably same thing will happen with "HOLD0" and "HOLD1". I think the same will be for devo7e-256 with "nostock" option.

Now I can fix it. It take several lines of code at "config\model.c".

Tested with "capabilities.h" corrected to T8SG switches and model.ini file from Devo8. All switches were mapped correctly with exception that all "DR" switches mapped to "SWD".
#ifdef CHANMAP
//These are legacy mappings
  CHANMAP("DR",     SWD1)
  CHANMAP("RUD DR", SWD1)
  CHANMAP("ELE_DR", SWD1)
  CHANMAP("AIL_DR", SWD1)
  CHANMAP("GEAR",   SWB1)
//Current mappings
  CHANMAP("DR0", SWD0)
  CHANMAP("DR1", SWD1)
  CHANMAP("RUD DR0", SWD0)
  CHANMAP("RUD DR1", SWD1)
  CHANMAP("ELE DR0", SWD0)
  CHANMAP("ELE DR1", SWD1)
  CHANMAP("AIL DR0", SWD0)
  CHANMAP("AIL DR1", SWD1)
  CHANMAP("FMODE0", SWA0)
  CHANMAP("FMODE1", SWA1)
  CHANMAP("FMODE2", SWA2)
  CHANMAP("MIX0", SWC0)
  CHANMAP("MIX1", SWC1)
  CHANMAP("MIX2", SWC2)
  CHANMAP("GEAR0", SWB0)
  CHANMAP("GEAR1", SWB1)
#endif

I don't know if it has any sense. T8SG can use model files from other devo transmitters, but not vice versa.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2017 14:48 by vlad_vy.

More
13 Oct 2017 04:20 - 13 Oct 2017 04:23 #65016 by vlad_vy
I tried to test the configuration of the switches 3x2 + 2x4 and found that the main board does not have the necessary socket for the switches SWH and SWG. It would be nice if the main board will have sockets for all possible switches.

3x4________3x2+2x4
SWA(0,1,2) = SWA(0,1,2)
SWB(0,1,2) = SWB(0,1,2)
SWD2 = SWE1
SWD0 = SWF1
SWC2 = not used (SWC1, 2x5)
SWC0 = not used (SWD1, 2x6)
????? = SWG1
????? = SWH1
Last edit: 13 Oct 2017 04:23 by vlad_vy.

More
13 Oct 2017 08:47 #65020 by vlad_vy
With switch config 3x2 + 2x4 it can be Jumper T10SG with two shoulders switches, compact copy of Devo 10.

Unfortunately inside T8SG on shoulders there are mounting stands so it will be not easy to place swithes.

More
13 Oct 2017 09:01 #65022 by dc59

vlad_vy wrote: With switch config 3x2 + 2x4 it can be Jumper T10SG with two shoulders switches, compact copy of Devo 10.

Unfortunately inside T8SG on shoulders there are mounting stands so it will be not easy to place swithes.

Hi vlad_vy,

If we can add 2 switches on shoulder , is there any pin or connector or solder point which can be used for these 2 switches ? I have no enough knowledge about hardware , if it's a stupid question I'll sorry about this.
Thanks for your hard working on this TX.

More
13 Oct 2017 09:40 #65023 by vlad_vy
I don't see any pads and I don't know how it work. Probably diodes (four on the left and four on the right) can be used for solder points. We need devo7e-256 button and extra switch connection diagram to understand.

As an alternative I can programmatically reassign SWG1 and SWH1 to SWC0 and SWC2, but this will destroy the remaining switch combinations. Not the best option.

More
13 Oct 2017 09:51 - 02 Nov 2017 04:15 #65024 by vlad_vy
Extra switch connection:

_______C.6____C.10___C.11
/*B.5*/ _______SW_07, SW_08,
/*B.6*/ SW_10, SW_05, SW_06,
/*B.7*/ _______SW_01, SW_02,
/*B.8*/ SW_09, SW_03, SW_04,

We need SW_09 and SW_10. But how it connected on the board? I think it not connected at all. And probably we need 10 diodes, not 8.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/5824-ul...witch?start=40#50865

========================================================================================
We havn't connector for 2x1 (SWH1) and 2x2 options (SWG1).
So, we need two diodes connected: anodes to C.6 and catodes (black or white stripe) to SWH1 and SWG1. And switch center pin SWH connected to B.6 and SWG connected to B.8.

C.6 --|>|--SWH1- \-- B.6
C.6 --|>|--SWG1- \-- B.8

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Nov 2017 04:15 by vlad_vy.

More
13 Oct 2017 12:32 #65028 by dronero
Replied by dronero on topic New TX from Banggood
I'm new to Deviation, but I'm surprised that there is no software graphical interface for the configuration of models on the PC, I'm also surprised how easy it is to corrupt the files if you open them with the notes blog. I use notepad ++ to edit but I would appreciate a more modern graphical interface than the existing one for Devo 7.

More
13 Oct 2017 12:58 #65030 by vlad_vy
You can use Devo 8 emulator with touch screen to setup model. Do not use switches that can't be mapped to your transmitter.

More
13 Oct 2017 17:56 #65040 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic New TX from Banggood
How about suggesting the Devo10 thing to Jumper so that they (hopefully) can throw an actual T10SG on the market, probably with the more pin 512k version? That way it won't require too much diodes, and perhaps the shoulder switches are easier to fit into the T10SG case then :p

More
13 Oct 2017 18:38 #65041 by kmewes
Replied by kmewes on topic New TX from Banggood
I have to report some bad news for a change. I had 3 crashes so far with a 4F200LM Devo using this transmitter. It works fine until I switch it on for the next flight. What happens is that it loses the settings for Aileron and elevator in that it reverse them randomly upon power on so it seems. Bad thing of course either way. It happens at random times as I said. I have to make it a habit (it should be done anyway as a good pilot) to go through the pre-flight routine checking every 'rudder and flap' movement. Just my devos have been so consistent over the years that I admit I got a bit lazy with that. I hope this is just a bad apple that I got and it is not a common thing with the Jumpers in general. Bad memory chip or power supply glitch? It happened only with one out of 22 model I have stored on it and I must add it happens when I 'Load' the model after using a different one. So check it out guys if you have the same problem and let me know.

Still happy flying as always.

More
13 Oct 2017 20:43 #65046 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic New TX from Banggood
I had such behavior once at my F4 non XMS with Devo.FS - might be a different story though...

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds