Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
07 Nov 2017 10:50 #65607 by fneuf
Replied by fneuf on topic New TX from Banggood

TherealjonnyD wrote:

Fernandez wrote: BTW why we not create some new topics on the Jumper developments. The name of this topic is a bit of irrelevant, diificult to find.

Agreed. The title is also not accurate as its not a banggood product.

I've read here that the Jumper company was owned by Banggood. False rumor or fact?

Maybe sero could rename this topic to something like "Jumper T8SG - TX stock running on Deviation - General Topic"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2017 11:57 #65610 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic New TX from Banggood

nanuk74 wrote: Good Morning.

I have two problems with the ts8g.
I can not use the switches for three positions, I am only able to configure two positions.

I am not able to be recognized by the computer for flash firmware, I download the programs, install the driver and it does not connect. What I can do?

Are there any tutorials to configure the switchs in 3 positions and the rounds of the center?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

How did you try to connect to a PC? How did you configure the switches? Did you read the manual?

More
07 Nov 2017 12:04 - 07 Nov 2017 12:06 #65611 by nanuk74
Replied by nanuk74 on topic New TX from Banggood

SirDomsen wrote:

nanuk74 wrote: Good Morning.

I have two problems with the ts8g.
I can not use the switches for three positions, I am only able to configure two positions.

I am not able to be recognized by the computer for flash firmware, I download the programs, install the driver and it does not connect. What I can do?

Are there any tutorials to configure the switchs in 3 positions and the rounds of the center?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.

How did you try to connect to a PC? How did you configure the switches? Did you read the manual?

connect to the computer via USB, option 3 connect USB. I also tried with tx off, press menu and turn on, connected USB directly but did not recognize for flash firmware, just like USB storage.
I read manual, but my English is very basic and I have not managed to understand how to set up in 3 positions, I only managed to work 2. Thanks!
Last edit: 07 Nov 2017 12:06 by nanuk74.

More
07 Nov 2017 12:59 #65612 by Iroquois
Replied by Iroquois on topic New TX from Banggood
mwm, I take the pint about open source software, regarding improving the software. What I can't understand is why so many people are spending time making the T8SG work exactly the same as the Devo 7e. They are two different radios from two manufacturers. I have two Devo 7e's, several other transmitters and 60 plus models. The T8SG is fine as it comes, I don't have any problems. We already have two (at least) versions of the T8SG, why cause more confusion?

More
07 Nov 2017 13:20 #65613 by llinde

ramunas wrote: Digikey link to dress nuts on additional switches:
www.digikey.com/short/qt2fnt

Note that these are for 1/4-40 thread switches. 6mm thread switches are also very common, and these will not work on 6mm switches.

Do you also know where to find those for the more common 6mm switches like used by Devo and Jumper?
Maybe Jumper can make them available?

More
07 Nov 2017 20:06 #65616 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic New TX from Banggood
@Nanuk74

For,flashing, you have to press EXT while switching on the TX. Explaining how to set up the switches in,a different way than the manual does might be difficult ;) What language would you prefer? I could help in German...

More
07 Nov 2017 21:04 - 11 Nov 2017 15:07 #65617 by mcRich
[-deleted-]
Last edit: 11 Nov 2017 15:07 by mcRich.

More
07 Nov 2017 21:10 #65618 by nanuk74
Replied by nanuk74 on topic New TX from Banggood

SirDomsen wrote: @Nanuk74

For,flashing, you have to press EXT while switching on the TX. Explaining how to set up the switches in,a different way than the manual does might be difficult ;) What language would you prefer? I could help in German...

Hello! I have already managed to configure the levers A B C D, what I can not do is configure aux 4 and aux 5, the circular ones.

I did it from mixer. impossible to connect to the PC to flash.

I am Spanish, I use more English than German. Thank you very much!!!!

More
07 Nov 2017 21:42 #65619 by FDR
@mcRich
Sorry to say that, but it is your responsibility to set a proper battery alarm voltage.
If the alarm was set properly, say 7.4V, that wouldn't happen to you.
Some of these transmitters can operate with very different battery types, for example the Devo 6, 7E and 8 all oprate from 4xAAA batteries by default, but some people use 2S LiPo or LiFe in them, so the default value is not necessarily appropriate...

More
07 Nov 2017 22:38 #65621 by Gerry
@FDR
I think mcRich has a very valid point and the default low voltage alarm should represent the default battery intended for the T8SG or any other Deviated TX.
I have 7e and 12e, one uses 4 x AA's the other 8 x AA's, when installing Deviation on either of these radios the default low voltage is pre-set to a value suitable for the batteries intended to be used in them. I choose to use 6 x AA's (Taranis battery) in my 12e and had to change the low voltage setting, not only that but I had to edit the tx.ini manually to get correct critical values for a 6 x AA battery. In this case I choose to run a non stock battery and it is my responsibility to make sure battery alarms are set correctly.
So to just say "Sorry to say that, but it is your responsibility to set a proper battery alarm voltage." is a bit of a cop out.
Default values in any Deviation FW should be set to values which represent the stock TX with stock batteries.

Devo 7e A7105 NRF24L01 CC2500 2x3 way & voice, Devo 12e 4 in 1 & voice.
FFS (Forever Fixing Stuff)

More
07 Nov 2017 22:55 - 07 Nov 2017 22:56 #65622 by ramunas
Replied by ramunas on topic New TX from Banggood
To configure aux4 and aux5 go to: transmitter menu: transmitter conf: sticks calibrate.

Just make sure you center the circular pots, and turn them both ways to their limits as per instructions.
Last edit: 07 Nov 2017 22:56 by ramunas.

More
07 Nov 2017 23:52 #65623 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood

fneuf wrote: Were it could be seen as becoming tricky here, and I think that's what Iroquois is implying, is that Jumper is the only one to make money out of this product (again if I'm initial statement is not proven wrong),.

Again, that's the way open source works. The point of releasing something as open source is to let other people freely derive benefit form your work. TBH, most people simply use it, and don't contribute anything back to the community. Some more conscientious people will try and help others, write docs, make videos, etc. I think they're the smart ones, because that helps the community grow, and a larger community means you're more likely to get that third class of person: those who can contribute code. Not that docs etc. aren't important and appreciated, but more people can contribute those than can contribute code. This is all that jumper is doing, but that they (and the storefronts they use, etc.) are benefitting financially annoys some (maybe a lot) of people. They aren't the first to do this: all the variations of the 4-in-1 modules that either ran deviation protocols or only worked with deviation, and even the folks who advertised RF modules as "for deviation" all benefitted financially from our work, but nobody seemed annoyed about them.

Bottom line, if you don't want to let other people make money off your work, you don't release it under an open source license, and you don't contribute that work to open source projects.

To wax philosophical, this objection to financial benefits is deep-rooted. Before there was a GPL and an FSF, a lot of "free" software was released with some kind of "not for commercial use" clause. Some even did the "Released to the public domain. Not for commercial use." (sorry, no: releasing something in the public domain gives up your right to say how it's used, and that second sentence might as well not be there). I think this has a lot to do with why the GPL became so popular compared to other licenses: the alternatives at the time (MIT, BSD, etc.) made no bones about allowing commercial use, whereas people incorrectly assumed that the GPL disallowed that. The FSF and RMS have no fault here - they went out of their way to explain that commercial use was fine, you could charge whatever you wanted for your product (but were restricted to "reasonable" shipping and handling fees for the sources, which IIRC they charged $150 for), but you had to share any improvements you made with the community.

Deviation is licensed under the GPL, so is open to such commercial use. Not that it hasn't been pirated: for months the multi-module project was distributing deviation-based software in violation of the license. But since they were only violating the intent and spirit of the license and not making money in the process, very few people cared.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Nov 2017 23:59 #65624 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood

Iroquois wrote: mwm, I take the pint about open source software, regarding improving the software. What I can't understand is why so many people are spending time making the T8SG work exactly the same as the Devo 7e.

Because they prefer that behavior. Some of it I understand - the switches being upside down annoyed me no end. Some I can't - which way the pots twist to go up seems arbitrary to me. But they make changes to improve THEIR experience, not yours or mine. So that it doesn't make sense to me or you isn't really relevant.

As for creating multiple versions - I think there was a rush of people making suggestions that did that. but I believe the consensus at least among the developers is aligned with yours: we don't want changes that require multiple different software builds. That we're creating builds that seem incompatible with each other is just life with the nightly builds. If you don't like it, don't run them. If Jumper chooses to upgrade the build they install in ways that make it feel like they've got multiple versions of the transmitter, that's their call. I can't say that I disagree with it, but I'm not sure I agree with it, either.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Nov 2017 06:07 #65631 by FDR

Gerry wrote: @FDR
I think mcRich has a very valid point and the default low voltage alarm should represent the default battery intended for the T8SG or any other Deviated TX.
I have 7e and 12e, one uses 4 x AA's the other 8 x AA's, when installing Deviation on either of these radios the default low voltage is pre-set to a value suitable for the batteries intended to be used in them. I choose to use 6 x AA's (Taranis battery) in my 12e and had to change the low voltage setting, not only that but I had to edit the tx.ini manually to get correct critical values for a 6 x AA battery. In this case I choose to run a non stock battery and it is my responsibility to make sure battery alarms are set correctly.
So to just say "Sorry to say that, but it is your responsibility to set a proper battery alarm voltage." is a bit of a cop out.
Default values in any Deviation FW should be set to values which represent the stock TX with stock batteries.

So far the T8SG doesn't have it's own target (that's why you don't have it in the downloads section), only Vlad maintains it (which is very nice of him). It is not yet decided how to handle this new TX and it's future variants.
They released it with the ultimate 7E fw, and since the 7E uses 4xAA batteries, it's default battery alarm is set according to that.

While I understand your (and mcRich's) point, that in an ideal world every default value should fit the purpose, it is possible to set those values without the need to have a special build and download.

More
08 Nov 2017 07:24 #65637 by FDR
@norulers
I sent you a question in PM...

More
08 Nov 2017 10:27 - 08 Nov 2017 11:42 #65638 by vlad_vy

llinde wrote:

ramunas wrote: Digikey link to dress nuts on additional switches:
www.digikey.com/short/qt2fnt

Note that these are for 1/4-40 thread switches. 6mm thread switches are also very common, and these will not work on 6mm switches.

Do you also know where to find those for the more common 6mm switches like used by Devo and Jumper?
Maybe Jumper can make them available?

Probably these can fit:
www.banggood.com/RC-Transmitter-Switch-F...rch&cur_warehouse=CN

And wrench for switch. I need sligtly file down keys to fit.
www.banggood.com/Remote-Control-Switch-R...cts&cur_warehouse=CN
Last edit: 08 Nov 2017 11:42 by vlad_vy.

More
09 Nov 2017 10:42 #65647 by dc59

FDR wrote: @norulers

Hi FDR & Mike,

norulers informed me that he want a closed forum or thread (only for Deviation developers & Jumper) for development discussion and release their document, can FDR help for this?

More
09 Nov 2017 11:35 #65649 by FDR

dc59 wrote:

FDR wrote: @norulers

Hi FDR & Mike,

norulers informed me that he want a closed forum or thread (only for Deviation developers & Jumper) for development discussion and release their document, can FDR help for this?

OK, it's done: now there is a Jumper category under the Development...

More
09 Nov 2017 12:15 - 09 Nov 2017 12:24 #65651 by dc59
Thanks FDR!!
But I can't find Jumper in Development.
Last edit: 09 Nov 2017 12:24 by dc59.

More
09 Nov 2017 12:30 #65652 by FDR

dc59 wrote: Thanks FDR!!
But I can't find Jumper in Development.

Because you are not a developer.
Do you wanna be? ;)

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds