iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol

More
19 May 2018 20:23 - 19 May 2018 20:23 #69326 by Ilya
Replied by Ilya on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
5v - actually any vibro from mobile will be good.
first I stick it with double side duct tape, than found a stock place.
Last edit: 19 May 2018 20:23 by Ilya.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2018 20:32 #69327 by mchaves
Replied by mchaves on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
tks

More
21 May 2018 14:20 - 21 May 2018 14:25 #69354 by Theta2
Replied by Theta2 on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Hello guys,

i need your help and i really hope you'll have any idea or some tipps related to my issue.

I have connection interruptions, with different drones. The firmware on my irx-ir8m is the latest one and i've tested different ones.

I have the v1 and also v2, the issues happens only on the v2. First i've noticed it with a eachine e010, suddenly the drone was falling down. First i thought it's the same old issue, the way i treating my lipos, pulling them out on the cable :-P So it did not bother or wonder me.

Three weeks ago i've builded a tiny whoop with a beecore v2, same issue but because of the better software the beecore is using, most of the interruptions was handled by betaflight but sometimes it also dropped completely. On each interruption the lights of the beecore are changing, and from that i can say, it happens 10-15 times on a 250mah, 1s.

Yesterday i've finished the modifications on my new ldarc king kong 200gt, same issue. On this one, the last signal will be hold sometimes and sometimes it will be increased to 100% input, what makes the usually funny experience with the drone to an dangerous adventure. Today i had round about 10 crashes, 2 were really heavy, because of the interruptions. Yesterday one heavy, were the drone dropped from about 8 meters on the concrete. Yeah, this will become heavily expensive really fast, i think.

After trying a lot stuff in beta flight, deleting and reflashing the irx-ir8m i've noticed i have the preconfigured fixid 123456, what i've deleted then and rebound all the drones. On the beecore the issue disappeared almost completely on the gt200 i have still the same issue. On the e010 i havent tested long enough, there it happend only 2-3 times over some weeks.

Please tell me which information you'll need to maybe get clearer or closer with this issue. I'm not a complete noob, i'm new in the sport, maybe 1 year, have about 18 drones and spent in total a few weeks with it, on top, i'm a software developer, so most of the technical stuff is no rocket science for me, totally not.

I hope i can answer possible questions well and also that maybe someone has an idea and i will not crash 20 times a day because of technical issues.

Thanks in advance.
Daniel

Sorry, i forgot: today i was out with my rodeo110 also, there i did not really noticed it. One time i had the feeling, an specific input was not my one... but nothing else.
Last edit: 21 May 2018 14:25 by Theta2.

More
14 Aug 2018 23:13 #70248 by sfjuocekr
Replied by sfjuocekr on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
What receiver are you using?

Funny enough I also have the E010, E011, E011c, E010s (FrSky) and 200GT... suffered from the E01x quadcopters dropping from the sky at random as well :( Decided to swap the module, but nothing changed.

Then I hooked up the included receiver, it worked flawless on both modules...

I soldered a tiny FrSky SBUS receiver onto the E010s to test if it worked as well, I have not had it drop from the sky anymore. Under the FrSky options I had to adjust Freq-Fine to bind, after binding I figured out the mid-point and left it there (+42). This is the receiver I used: m.banggood.com/2_4G-8CH-D8-Mini-FrSky-Co...utput-p-1140478.html

The Bayang boards work somewhat better, up to 10m no problem but after that it gets unreliable.

I have an XM+ on the 200GT and it works fine, flying over farmlands around my house and had it failsafe once so far; when I was behind a big shipping container...

Right now I wired an OPlink Mini to the PPM out port, OpenLRS has a LOT more range :D

My question is, does anyone know what PCB connectors are used? They look like JST ZH connectors and SH connectors I have are too small...

More
15 Aug 2018 11:16 #70257 by Dugenou
Replied by Dugenou on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Hello,

I am French and it is not easy for me to express myself in English.

I have FrSky receiver and can not bind them.

V8FR-II and D4FR-II

I need your help, thanks.

More
15 Aug 2018 12:27 - 15 Aug 2018 12:27 #70260 by sfjuocekr
Replied by sfjuocekr on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Did you try to increase/decrease Freq-Fine until it binds?
Last edit: 15 Aug 2018 12:27 by sfjuocekr.

More
16 Aug 2018 17:06 #70288 by Dugenou

sfjuocekr wrote: Did you try to increase/decrease Freq-Fine until it binds?

If I select Frsky-V8 there are no settings.

reciever is V8FR-II HV

More
17 Aug 2018 00:55 #70296 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Use the Frsky protocol to try to bind to the D4 receiver. Try changing Freq-Fine from -120 to +120 in steps of 10 until bind is successful. (Leave Freq-Coarse at 0).

If that works, the nightly build firmware has the Freq-Fine option available in the Frsky-V8 protocol. Upgrade to nightly build to try with the V8 receiver.

More
17 Aug 2018 15:53 - 17 Aug 2018 16:03 #70306 by Dugenou

hexfet wrote: Use the Frsky protocol to try to bind to the D4 receiver. Try changing Freq-Fine from -120 to +120 in steps of 10 until bind is successful. (Leave Freq-Coarse at 0).

If that works, the nightly build firmware has the Freq-Fine option available in the Frsky-V8 protocol. Upgrade to nightly build to try with the V8 receiver.

it binds from +60 to +120
so I put in setting +90?
This for the D4R-II

Thank you very much, so I will try with the V8FR-2

Which file should I download for iRangeX iRX-IR8M V2?
Last edit: 17 Aug 2018 16:03 by Dugenou.

More
18 Aug 2018 16:36 #70329 by GabrielRB
Replied by GabrielRB on topic IR8M battery mod
So, I decided make some upgrade on the battery of my IR8M.
I bought two Li-ion battery LCR18500 with 1100mAh (you can find others with more capacity) and installed inside the radio. Also I removed the current conector and change for a JST in order to make more easy to charge.

Very simple mod very usefull, now I have space on the battery deck to put a external module
Attachments:

More
12 Sep 2018 22:47 #70857 by Charoupas
Replied by Charoupas on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Hello,
I have a big issue with my controller.
Suddently it stopped working. It was working normally and now it doesnt power up anymore.
Basically it powers up for a sec and it closes. The batteries are not the issue, i measured them with multimeter.
When i switch on the transmitter, the blue led behind "IRangeX" logo works for a sec and then it stops. and then nothing happens.
Anyone maybe can help me (what to look)?

More
16 Sep 2018 01:40 - 16 Sep 2018 02:30 #70926 by Kilgore Trout
Replied by Kilgore Trout on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
I'm having a major issue with my throttle, and can't find the answer anywhere. Just set this TX up today, updated to the latest nightly build. My issue is that the channel output for the throttle doesn't go above 0%. There is throttle response down to -125%, but above mid-stick, I'm not getting any more throttle, which means I can't fly.

I have the V2, and I'm setting this up for Plane. I don't think I have a bad sensor on the gimbal, i get a full -100/+100 when I look in the stick input menu under channel monitor.
Last edit: 16 Sep 2018 02:30 by Kilgore Trout.

More
25 Jan 2019 09:49 #72522 by kbg
This transmitter is really really bad. I just got a RF measurement device and have been testing it on various VTXs with good results. I tested it on IR8M and i seems that at 150mw it only outputs at maximum 2.5mw. So that exaplains why it's having range issues for everyone. Stay away from this crappy transmitter, it's only good for flying tinywhoops inside.

More
26 Jan 2019 11:24 #72536 by GabrielRB
Replied by GabrielRB on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
If you get 2.5mw or you are measuring wrong or the radio is defective.
I got >2 km with this radio and stock frsky receiver.
Also make sure that you are using original firmware. I check with Vlad and the new firmware may can cause range issues due some problems in the code.

The problem of this radio is the same I told also in the RcGroups: bad quality control.

If you have luck as me, everything works good as expected. If no, you got a useless plastic part.

More
26 Jan 2019 15:00 #72539 by mchaves
Hello, I agree with what GabrielRB said, my radio is with firmware e33b5db and today I made 1.2km with an S500 and rx Flysky, last weekend 1.6km with Redcon Cm703 rx.
The radio is not the best, but it works very well and I'm satisfied with it, as we say in my country: "pura sorte" (pure luck). thank you:P :P

More
26 Jan 2019 23:08 #72563 by kbg
I also tested with range check and I get 8 meters before connection is lost, so that calculates to 310m max at 150mw, but the drone actually drops out of the sky in about 50m in real flight.

Maybe I just got a dud but it seems a lot of people got duds.

More
27 Jan 2019 00:34 #72567 by mchaves
Upgrade you firmware and test

More
07 Feb 2019 09:27 #72746 by david drones
Replied by david drones on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Bonjour pouvez vous m'aider s'il vous plait je n'arrive pas à trouver le fichier de téléchargement dont vous parler qui s'appelle( le firmware e33b5db) ma radio-commande Irx-Ir8m V2 perd la transmission à 90 mètres maximum je suiss en recepteur AFHDS A
Je vous remercie d'avance e bien vouloir m'aider

Hello can you help me please I can not find the download file that you are talking about (the firmware e33b5db) my radio control Irx-Ir8m V2 loses transmission to 90 meters maximum I in AFHDS A receiver
I thank you in advance for helping me

Ps / I am French

More
07 Feb 2019 11:37 #72753 by david drones
Replied by david drones on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Hello I thank you very much for your help and your links I just update the firmware that of February 7, 2019 and I am limited to 100 mwW while the original of September 2017 allowed me to go up to 150mW, but I confirm that with the original firmware I pass the connection to maximun 90 meters I read on your forum that some people who had the firmware e33b5db) had no problem and flew over several miles in flysky
( www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ocol?start=180#72746 )
can you help me please my radio-control Irx-Ir8m V2 loses the transmission to 90 meters maximum I am in receiver AFHDS A
I thank you in advance for helping me

Ps / I am French

More
07 Feb 2019 23:14 #72785 by GabrielRB
Replied by GabrielRB on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
My recommendation for all people having range issues is roll back to original firmware.
With original firmware I get >2km with FrSky receivers

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds