iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol

More
08 Feb 2019 01:12 #72786 by kbg

GabrielRB wrote: My recommendation for all people having range issues is roll back to original firmware.
With original firmware I get >2km with FrSky receivers

So are you telling my if you update the firmware you get range issues? Or are you just guessing? I seriously doubt this since the original firmware is basically just a build of Deviation. Besides I don't have the original firmware anymore and I already had range issues with the original firmware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Feb 2019 08:32 #72809 by mchaves
Replied by mchaves on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
ok, I have no problems and my version is 94209c4.
So, for testing, can anyone make the original version of V1 and V2 available?

More
08 Feb 2019 08:42 #72810 by david drones
Replied by david drones on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Hello I thank you again for your help I gave the original firmware with an outdoor antenna that obviously gives me a better reception at the RSSI by cons now I have a real problem for which I really need your knowledge because I do not understand I spent several hours that night searching without any results when I manipulate my auxiliary 4 of my radio control knob black top left it cuts my radio control and I have to wait several seconds before I can turn on my radio control I really searched all the menus and submenu without any success yet really sorry to bother you and ask you for your help but I'm really lost and do not understand why in one fell swoop my radio control cut off as soon as I make the use of my auxiliary 4 I thank you again in advance of your time to help me and to be supportive again really thank you you all eagerly awaiting your news I will keep you informed on your website of the refurbishment of my remote control and the difference made
Bonjour je vous remercie encore pour votre aide j'ai remis Le firmware d originale avec une antenne extérieure qui visiblement me donne une meilleure réception au niveau du RSSI par contre maintenant j'ai un réel problème pour lequel j'ai vraiment besoin de vos connaissances car je ne comprends pas j'ai passé plusieurs heures cette nuit à chercher sans aucun résultat quand je manipule mon auxiliaire 4 de ma radiocommande le potard noir en haut à gauche cela coupe ma radiocommande et je suis obligé d'attendre plusieurs secondes avant de pouvoir allumer ma radio commande j'ai vraiment cherché dans tous les menus et sous-menu sans aucun succès encore vraiment désolé de vous déranger et de vous solliciter pour votre aide mais je suis vraiment perdu et ne comprends pas pourquoi d'un seul coup ma radiocommande se coupe dès que je fais l'utilisation de mon auxiliaire 4 je vous remercie encore d'avance de votre temps passer à m'aider et d'être solidaire encore vraiment merci de votre part à tous attends avec impatience de vos nouvelles je vous tiendrai informé sur votre site de la remise à niveau de ma télécommande et de la différence apporté

More
08 Feb 2019 09:41 #72811 by mchaves
David, let's try to help you. My radio came with aux 4 inoperative and I did not get the exchange, I operated with it for almost a year without aux 4, now, at last, it broke the avalanche. This weekend I'm going to do some mods on it. I will install 2x18650, change the aux 4, do an internal cleaning and I will try to raise the circuit and look for problems in the aux 4. Mid of the year passed all my keys stopped working, I discovered that a resistor and a capacitors were loose (solder of bad quality) . At this time someone else can help you, okay?

More
08 Feb 2019 10:02 #72812 by david drones
Replied by david drones on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
I still really thank you very much for your help I really need your knowledge in the
radio command because I do not understand I spent several hours that night and this morning, is really search without any results when I manipulate my auxiliary 4 of my radio control which is attibuer, the black knob on the top left that cuts my radio remote control and I have to wait several seconds before I can turn on my radio control I really searched all the menus and submenu without any success yet really sorry to bother you and ask you for your help but I am really lost and do not understand why in one fell swoop my radio control turns off as soon as I make use of my auxiliary 4 I thank you again in advance for your time to help me and to be supportive again really thank you for your part of all eagerly awaiting your news I will keep you informed on your site of the refurbishment of my remote control and the difference made

More
08 Feb 2019 14:43 #72818 by GabrielRB
Replied by GabrielRB on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Some range problems are caused due defective units. In my case the radio is fine. Once I update the firmware I started to have range issues. Roll back and issues are gone.
I suggest to take a look on Vlads topic with firmware. He recognize that there is a part of the code related to power control that could not be 100% working properly.

More
11 Feb 2019 23:16 #72858 by GabrielRB
Replied by GabrielRB on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol

kbg wrote:

GabrielRB wrote: My recommendation for all people having range issues is roll back to original firmware.
With original firmware I get >2km with FrSky receivers

So are you telling my if you update the firmware you get range issues? Or are you just guessing? I seriously doubt this since the original firmware is basically just a build of Deviation. Besides I don't have the original firmware anymore and I already had range issues with the original firmware.

Please take a look here: www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/7605-ir...more?start=120#71115
Post 71115

More
26 Mar 2019 21:43 #73563 by Skrankesvin
Replied by Skrankesvin on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Hi new here.
Did a few mods and fixes on the irx-ir8m i would like to share - Sorry for the crappy blurry pictures....
Jumper v2 hall gimbals.
First thing is to desolder the cables from both the old and new gimbals. Leave the old cables connected to the main circuit board.

remove the old gimbals and enlargen the holes the sticks go through

I used a deburring tool, and did a pretty rough job....

Now it is time to modify it, so you can screw it in.
Cut off the "bumps"(dont know what to call it...And next half the holes

Eyeball the new holes, and "drill them" with a sharp and pointy knife(Make them smaller than they need to be, and correct any mistakes, when you enlargen them)

Now it is time to Solder the wires to the new gimbals. Here you can see, where the coloured wires go (Sorry for the really blurry picture, but you can tell by the distinctive shape on the hall board and the colours on the wires).

Now you can some goo on to hold the wires, and calibrate your sticks

By the way, the black tape under the bottom left pcb screw(factory defect), is to prevent the screw from shorting two tracks, and the tx not turning on...
Now you can calibrate the sticks.
Some of the sticks might be inverted(Just reverse them back in the menu), but they should register perfectly.
Attachments:

More
26 Mar 2019 21:48 - 26 Mar 2019 21:49 #73564 by Skrankesvin
Dual 18650 mod
The extra plug is a balance plug, but the batteries can be removed(But it is a bit fiddly)

From the bottom.

With batteries
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Mar 2019 21:49 by Skrankesvin. Reason: Forgot a picture

More
26 Mar 2019 21:54 #73565 by Skrankesvin
Hawkeye Little Flyer Ⅲ fpv screen
Next to my tango = diversity + better picture + hall gimbals + open source - Tango only wins on looks

Acces to the screen on the tx
Attachments:

More
26 Mar 2019 22:05 #73566 by Skrankesvin
Last mod so far, is unfinished(waiting for parts), but very simple - Antenna mod
Have a ufl to rp-sma extension cable, and a 2.4 ghz antenna on the way - Planning on using one of the switch holes to mount it.

The cable i ordered should be long enough to reach the plug.....
Would like to have a speaker module in this too, but do not know enough about deviation(yet?) to make that happen.
I hope some of you guys vil find my crappy pictures and mods usefull. I am looking forward to actually flying with this tx, it actually seems pretty nice after a few mods...
Attachments:

More
27 Mar 2019 09:28 #73571 by mchaves
Hi, did you install the antenna in place of a key? Interesting, it's a key I could never really use.

More
27 Mar 2019 12:25 #73572 by Skrankesvin
Yes, just removed one of the switches. The picture is just a test, the cable and connector should come some time next week.
I chose to remove a switch on the same shell as the main board, so that i dont forget to plug it back in, if i am doing modifications inside the transmitter

More
02 Apr 2019 07:37 #73665 by Skrankesvin
Attachments:

More
04 Apr 2019 18:53 - 04 Apr 2019 18:56 #73689 by Pongetti
Replied by Pongetti on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
I bought the I8X-IR8M V2.
There was a FLYSKY receiver in the package.
I can't binding.
I selected AFHDS-2A - outputs PPM/SBUS in the I8X-IR8M V2
I turned on the quad by holding the FLYSKY receiver button.
The red light does not flash but if I connect the quad to BETAFLIGHT the transmitter is not connected.
Am I wrong? Can you help me?
Sorry for my English use google translator.
Last edit: 04 Apr 2019 18:56 by Pongetti.

More
10 Apr 2019 14:22 #73764 by Pongetti
Replied by Pongetti on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M 2.4G 8CH Multi-Protocol
Fixed: With the quad connected to betaflight I again pressed the button on the receiver.
The light on the receiver flashed once and betaflight saw the transmitter.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds